Let's usurp the Overlord of Punjar!

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Let's usurp the Overlord of Punjar!

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

My bi-weekly meeting of merry miscreants is midway through Blades Against Death, have completed Jewels of the Carnifex, and are becoming irregular denizens of Punjar. Covert ops ain't there thang, but they're resourceful and well resourced enough to handle a full-frontal assaults (as written, anyway). They ran afoul an angry mob of 100+ (knights and peasants so far) and are actually holding them off (spells and a sword that grants cleave on kill),. Thusly emboldened they want to try to usurp the Overlord while they're at it!

I kinda wanna give 'em a crack at this, but need advice/ideas. I've only loosely defined the world at large, letting them fill i n the gray areas with heroic/villainous acts of their own, and will be poring over Punjar: the Tarnished Jewel before next session. What do you guys think here?

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Let's usurp the Overlord of Punjar!

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Run The Dread God Al-Khazadar.

And then let them go for it.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Run The Dread God Al-Khazadar.

I love your work; and this is as good a reason as any to expand my library! Does this or another work detail Punjar's defenses and/or political structure?

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Run The Dread God Al-Khazadar.

I love your work; and this is as good a reason as any to expand my library! Does this or another work detail Punjar's defenses and/or political structure?
The PCs start in Punjar, where the city is about to be destroyed. Then they go to another world to gain the ability to destroy the threat. At the end, they are very popular in Punjar, which may put them on a collision course with the Overlord. A bit more about the adventure here: http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/2017/01 ... zadar.html

I made use of Harley Stroh's original write-up for Punjar (4e era) to describe the city (link here: https://www.rpgnow.com/product/58550/Du ... rers_id=36#_=_ ), and the adventure was written with Harley's knowledge and blessing. There was apparently an idea with Goodman Games to have a Punjar boxed set at one point. See link: http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/2016/12 ... pbook.html

& Thank you very kindly for the kind words about my work!

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “Judges' Forum”