Complete Guide to Fey question

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

KiloZulu
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Gateway Games

Complete Guide to Fey question

Post by KiloZulu »

I'm looking at creating a fey that can fly permanently. By taking the "Magic Weave" feat, I can gain the spell-like ability to fly for 9 points (cost reduction for changing the spell to "self" only.) Since the fey will get physical wings in the process, it doesn't make sense to me that a "dispel magic" spell could disable the ability. As such, I also want to take the "Improved Magic Weave" feat for an additional 9 points to turn it into a supernatural ability, for a total cost of 18 points. Did I read that process correctly? I would have to do that for each power that I wanted as a supernatural ability?

In achieving this, I had to take the two feats a combined total of three times, given me 24 total points. How am I allowed to use the remaining 6 points? Can I mix-and-match to take an additional low-level spell and put the rest into skill or attribute points? Importantly, can I take multiple spells with a single use of a magic weave feat?

I've collected a lot of corrections and additional information regarding the Guide through various forum responses from the author. I feel lucky to have found the information in the course of doing google searches. Is there an addendum or errata for the Guide somewhere that provides a more comprehensive list of the changes?

Thank you.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Complete Guide to Fey question

Post by GnomeBoy »

This is in the wrong section of the forum, since the Complete Guide series is not a DCC product, so that may limit what answers you're going to get...

FWIW, I don't know the book nor it's rules, but if the wings were created with magic, it doesn't seem too unreasonable that they could be dispelled, maybe just temporarily.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
KiloZulu
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Gateway Games

Re: Complete Guide to Fey question

Post by KiloZulu »

Thanks for the reply. If a moderator wants to move my post to a more appropriate forum, they're welcome to do so. I'm obviously hoping to get a response from someone with the appropriate knowledge. I apologize that I'm unfamiliar with the product line this channel is intended for. I saw "rules discussion" and went for it, without recognizing the acronyms involved. Given that that the post required moderator approval before being posted, I'm surprised they didn't select a better location then.

Return to “Rules discussion”