Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Let's give Soulcatcher and Gnomeboy a chance to post before we do the next update; I have a guest over so it works out better for me this way too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
My group will follow down the left path if that is the consensus. Same marching order as before.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Kelven is not keen to venture into the unknown underground given a lack of equipment for it... Toby is inclined to follow Kelven and Lucius won't disobey Kelven (...yet).

Unless Jingles has something more positive to report, Kelven insists that the tunnel is the right way to go. Stinky Pete snorts and spits, but doesn't counter him.

Kelven also nominates Lucius to go first, citing the dagger as an excuse.

[So that's where my Zeroes will go, unless everyone is venturing down the drain or something else interrupts the situation.]

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:41 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 8

The party makes their way through the rubble of the left-hand (western) corridor, and up a short stairway. At the top of the stairway the corridor expands into a strange chamber with grey metallic walls. The room forms a 40x20 rectangle, stretching long into the darkness. There are alien symbols etched in gold along the walls. In the center of the room is a sort of console with levers attached to it. To the immediate north of the console is a slightly raised platform, with additional alien script running along its base. The wall on the northern side of the room is broken up into horizontal panels.


I have a picture of the console from the module I can post when I get home from work.

What will the party do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
Qort: Uh, looks like a dead end. I guess we should go back to the drain?

Nurzual: Let's examine those panels first. Perhaps one is a door, or they could be broken through to reveal a passage beyond.


Nurzual and Brandybland go over to the north wall to check out the panels, testing whether they seem movable or hollow with space behind.

Jingles has a look at the console to see if it might hold anything of value.

Qort remains by the door to the stairway, dubious that the room is a way out.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:40 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Bilgewriggler, let's have Qort roll two separate 1d3 rolls! Your drink is taking effect now!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:25 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Sinky Pete wanders over to the panels to get a closer look and maybe run a hand over them.

Toby knows some of the ancient words of Chaos, as well as a smattering of Hobgoblin -- the "alien" writing doesn't happen to resemble either of those, does it...?

"Sir" Kelven steps up on the raised platform, assured that a raised position is his right and true place.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Image


As you can see, there are six levers on the console.

I'm diverging a bit here from the official description, so pretend that brick is metal :).

Toby, knowing some of the Chaos script, would find that this script is contains nothing in common with it. You consider that this language may belong to a strongly Lawful-aligned race.


Last edited by TerraGoetia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
Qort rolls a 3 and a 3. His intelligence check to see if he associates whatever happens with the stuff he drank: 2-1=1.

Jingles will look from the console to the north wall to see if maybe there are seven panels to match the levers.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Just to clarify, I'm not seeing 7 levers in the picture. I see 6 levers and two wheels/turn knobs. Am I losing it?

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:59 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Quick clarification!

Blackthorn is right, there are six levers. Your Judge forgot how to count ;) .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Waiting on input from Blackthorn and Soulcatcher (if they're still playing).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Kettering barges past those asymbled around the levers and says "it's always the middle ones" as he pushed the two middle levers to the up position.

duke, Liebgott, Thelonious, and blackthorn look on in horror.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Does Pete notice anything about the horizontal panels on the north wall? He's running a hand over them, pushing on them, etc.

It's okay if you want to wait to reply, I just wasn't sure if his action had gotten picked up...

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Don't worry. Your action got picked up. I was waiting because I figured someone may have done something to cause those panels to change while you were looking at them :).

If I lose track of anyone please let me know.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 9

Stinky Pete hears a rumbling beyond the wall as Kettering throws the middle two switches. You're unsure what you did, but you certainly proved to yourself that the console is still active. Sir Kelven must feel a tinge of anxiety at standing on the platform after hearing that sound.

It's clear to Jingles now that the panels do not match up to the levers, but maybe some combination of lever switching does?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Kettering looks at the machinery incredulously, "Obviously broken" and moves to the panels on the wall, putting his ear to each one and knocking with the base of his fake spear.

Duke "Did anyone else hear that? What does this thing do?"

Blackthorn "Is there a chance these knobs at the bottom play a role?"

Liebgott checks the edge on his flint spearhead with his thumb and waits for a chance to kill something.

Thelonious Squints one eye and peers sidelong at Leibgott's Cow, "How much you want for that beast?"

(Anyone have an idea here?)

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:41 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
A couple questions before I get to this turn:

1) Did Nurzual and Brandybland learn anything from investigating the panels last turn?
2) What (if anything) did Qort feel upon rolling those 3s?

Jingles will make sure all levers are fully up, then turn the left-hand wheel at the bottom. If that produces no effect other than the grinding sounds, she will turn the right-hand wheel. She'll continue methodically experimenting with lever and wheel combinations until the situation changes.

The actions of my other characters depend on the results of the questions above.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:43 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
Judge Blackthorn wrote:
Kettering looks at the machinery incredulously, "Obviously broken" and moves to the panels on the wall, putting his ear to each one and knocking with the base of his fake spear.


:D

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Bilgewriggler wrote:
A couple questions before I get to this turn:

1) Did Nurzual and Brandybland learn anything from investigating the panels last turn?
2) What (if anything) did Qort feel upon rolling those 3s?

Jingles will make sure all levers are fully up, then turn the left-hand wheel at the bottom. If that produces no effect other than the grinding sounds, she will turn the right-hand wheel. She'll continue methodically experimenting with lever and wheel combinations until the situation changes.

The actions of my other characters depend on the results of the questions above.



Since Qort rolled a 1 in trying to match any new feelings with the milk he drank, he doesn't notice anything right away. We'll deal with those 3's if Qort ends up using any attributes related to them.

Since your party members are from a variety of locations, if anyone is from Earth, the panels remind you of a large garage door. Otherwise, it's very apparent that something is happening on the other side. Whether that is good or bad is unknown yet.

Oh my god. Jingles did it all. The next update gon go crazy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Blackthorn eyes Jingles "this could get interesting" he readies his sword.

Duke hides behind Blackthorn.

Leibgott notices Blackthorn's response to Jingles' meddling and readies his spear, "Gertrude's not for sale, kid"

Thelonious "Kid?! The hell you say!" Trains his spear on Leibgot.

Kettering oblivious to all this moves on to tapping and listening at the next tile.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
If the "something" sounds like arena noises right on the other side of the panels, Nurzual will warn Jingles to desist: Stop! Stop! I think the carnage is right behind these panels! If it just sounds like machinery grinding/turning, he'll urge Brandybland to step back, and they'll both get 10' or so away from that wall.

Jingles would stop fiddling with the controls if alerted that it might open the room up to something dangerous.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Kelven waits not-patiently for a moment when no one is looking his way and silently steps down from the platform, taking a place near one corner away from the "action".

Pete keeps exploring, seeing if the rumbling is reacting to his tapping and nudging or not.

Is it a metallic rumble, animal rumble, cart wheels on dirt rumble, or what...?

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 10

The panels rise up into the ceiling as Jingles finagles with the levers. In a moment you find yourself facing the harsh, blood-stained sands of the arena. Over one hundred gladiators of various races are fighting to survive as the massive circle is surrounded by cheering Kith. You notice a series of pits opening and closing, and spiked walls smashing against each other. Perhaps in messing with the levers, you were killing strangers out of sight?

Many warriors look up to you, confused, wondering if perhaps you have opened the way out. In the haze of their bloodlust, a crowd begins to surge your way, up a stone ramp, and towards the chamber.

In the fore of the group is a band of three Kith with holy symbols carved into their bare chests. They wield flint spears and ritual masks. They shriek with righteous rage and storm the ramp.

As Kelven steps off the platform, you hear the grating of stone-on-stone below you. The platform begins to descend into the darkness at a slow and measured pace.


What will the party do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
My reading of the action to date puts us arranged in the room as follows:

Kettering, Stinky Pete right at the panels.

Nurzual, Brandybland, about 10 feet back from the panels.

Toby examining the runes on the platform

Jingles at the console.

Blackthorn, Liebgott, Thelonius, Duke positioned not far from the console because they were observing Jingles operate it.

Kelven in a back corner.

Qort by the door.

I didn't see any indication of where Havarth and Lucius are.

I believe there's only one lit torch, which Blackthorn at one point stated he picked up. Judge TerraGoetia said the party tried to give Jingles the torch to take into the drain, but she refused it in order to use her infravision instead. So I think Blackthorn has our only light source (aside from the light from the newly open north wall).

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group