[deleted]

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

TheDiceMustRoll
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Quantum Games

[deleted]

Post by TheDiceMustRoll »

[deleted]
Last edited by TheDiceMustRoll on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Re: Would anyone here be interested in a Trump themed module

Post by BanjoJohn »

The Terrible Trials of Trump Tower and the Calamity in Clinton Caverns would make a nice set of thing.
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

It's a generally bad thing to bring religion or politics into a rpg endeavor. With politics you are bound to anger 50% of the board population with targeting either candidate.

Everyone always assumes most people have their views and are often unhappily shocked when at least half of any population gets angered over their side being besmirched.
TheDiceMustRoll
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Quantum Games

[deleted]

Post by TheDiceMustRoll »

[deleted]
Last edited by TheDiceMustRoll on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Gameogre wrote:It's a generally bad thing to bring religion or politics into a rpg endeavor. With politics you are bound to anger 50% of the board population with targeting either candidate.

Everyone always assumes most people have their views and are often unhappily shocked when at least half of any population gets angered over their side being besmirched.

+1
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

TheDiceMustRoll wrote: Bruh. This wouldn't be about "sides". Having a laugh, is having a laugh. It's not going to literally be "you walk into the tower. Wow isnt trump an asshole? you kill him and win."

Have a little faith. Satire done well, is satire done well. And if you can't handle satire, then all you're doing is telling the world you're an extremist.

Hey, I'm with you man. I could definitely see the possibility of parody without even needing to bring any of his political stuff into it, he's been a demi-celebrity for so long that there's enough of him out there to make a module about.
headspice
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by headspice »

Did this become a thing?

Political satire, social commentary, literary and artistic experimentation, and boundary pushing is generally a positive in mature entertainment.
Submit to NECROPANTSED, A Geek Grimoire of Frostbitten, Grim Musics and Forsaken Games Worshipped by Middle Aged Teens.
http://necropantspublishing.blogspot.com/
Woodland Mutant
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Mayhem Games, Des Moines, IA

Post by Woodland Mutant »

I enjoy RPG's and gaming in general due to the escapism. ;) Not having to think about politics/religion, especially with the last election, is something I kind of need if you catch my drift.

My current gaming group has six, sometimes seven members. Two of them are very "left leaning", three are very Trump conservative and I am the Libertarian (voted for Trump though) dude. We all manage to get along great, but we keep boundaries and respect opposing opinions. Politics are generally avoided. It is gaming night after all! :mrgreen:

If everyone in your group is comfortable with political satire (It doesn't bother me at all, even offensive/ opposing ideas) then by all means run with it! But if some people in your group (given the current tensions and feelings regarding politics) might be put off, I'd maybe avoid it? If all else fails...LAMPOON EVERYBODY! :twisted:
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Roleplaying is a hobby that brings together people. Politics is the quickest way to ruin this, involving it will only lead to anger, argument, butthurt. Leave it where it belongs - out of this game.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”