Gettimg DCC into the LGS

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Gettimg DCC into the LGS

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

I got the DCC core book for my birthday this past October from my LGS and just ordered 4 modules. I haven't been able to stop proselytizing about the game everywhere I go, and the people have started to get interested. I have currently 2 regular and 1 whenever campaigns running (over a dozen folks). Sounds great, right?

Only problem is, the core book has been unavailable (via the LGS' distributor) since I ordered mine and they want to stock DCC stuff. Zochi dice are nigh impossible to find (which would also be stocked, I'm sure), and too many modules are not available in print. Is there anything a prospective DCC advocate can do to help?

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
Buttmonkey
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Gettimg DCC into the LGS

Post by Buttmonkey »

You can get the dice through Goodman Games directly and there are a bunch of different sets available on Amazon now.
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

I've seen a couple dice sets on Amazon, sure, but the issue is getting product to and through a distributor so the store can stock it... The dice sets I looked up with the own er were listed as "out of stock" or "coming soon"

Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

The 4th Printing of the core book comes out in April. That's when the store could start stocking it, I'd assume...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

My local game store used to carry an extensive DCC product line, but the owner moved away from it when Goodman Games shifted to a kickstarter funding model for so many products. I can still special order stuff, but it's not on the regular shelf. :(

I know that I still see a lot of the older modules, etc, out there. If it's not at a local game store you could try Noble Knight or e-bay. I've picked up lots of sets of funky dice and filled in bits of my collection through that route, and you might try that.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I run a few DCC games at the moment and would like to generate both interest and revenue for the game and the place I play if possible! :)

robocoastie
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by robocoastie »

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:I got the DCC core book for my birthday this past October from my LGS and just ordered 4 modules. I haven't been able to stop proselytizing about the game everywhere I go, and the people have started to get interested. I have currently 2 regular and 1 whenever campaigns running (over a dozen folks). Sounds great, right?

Only problem is, the core book has been unavailable (via the LGS' distributor) since I ordered mine and they want to stock DCC stuff. Zochi dice are nigh impossible to find (which would also be stocked, I'm sure), and too many modules are not available in print. Is there anything a prospective DCC advocate can do to help?
OMG no kidding. My FLGS which I thank the gods for to have in my tiny tiny neck of the woods is only stocking 5e now and sways people that way entirely. Of course they sell those books at even more than suggested retail value listed on the covers. I buy them anyway to support despite the $$$. They sway that way so much that they are like used car salesman so our group likewise has continued playing at our homes vs there as they would like.

I suspect if the book(s) were available to retailers they may change their tune, especially since its only 1 book vs. the plethora of ones in WoTC line. (to be fair so far WoTC is very few but we all know their history in splat books).

Rob

Return to “DCC RPG General”