Musings

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Oakbelly
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Dragonfire Games

Musings

Post by Oakbelly »

I'm new to DCC but I've found my newfound excitement tempered/deflated by a dearth of activity on this forum and the lack of interest on other gaming boards. I have to wonder if the release of 5e D&D and the popular and established Pathfinder has drawn away potential fans? I see all kinds of blogs extolling how great DCC is but I don't see any viable or current online cliques of gamers or games available to new would-be Crawlers like me.

Am I wrong? Am I right? What is the real deal?
“But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood.”

Robert E. Howard
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Musings

Post by Jim Skach »

Google +
fuel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by fuel »

We play it almost every week. Check out G+. There is a ton of DCC activity on there.

Once you play DCC, it is hard to go back to anything else. I love the game.
remotenemesis
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Kastle, Fremont

Post by remotenemesis »

fuel wrote:We play it almost every week. Check out G+. There is a ton of DCC activity on there.

Once you play DCC, it is hard to go back to anything else. I love the game.
There's just something about it. The lightweight rules, an aesthetic of novelty over canon and a genuine love for the roots of fantasy. It's not a retro-clone, not purely an OSR thing... it's resetting the dial on the whole thing and letting it play out differently.

+1 for G+... it's all there.
Oakbelly
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Dragonfire Games

Post by Oakbelly »

I'll look into G+ but it's a little harder for me to find a group as I'm deaf, so video/voice games are not an option for me (yeah, it sucks). So I'm limited to a PbP format. I'd like to play a little, so how it all works before I start advertising on various boards as a GM with a game. I believe being a GM will give me better opportunities running a DCC campaign. I would love to start and run a long term campaign with some rock solid and stable players, much like did back in the eighties.

Well, that's on my wish list anyway. I appreciate the advice and insights that you have given me thus far. I hope to be around and active with the crowd here on the Forums.

Happy Halloween!
“But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood.”

Robert E. Howard
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

Oakbelly wrote:I'll look into G+ but it's a little harder for me to find a group as I'm deaf, so video/voice games are not an option for me (yeah, it sucks). So I'm limited to a PbP format. I'd like to play a little, so how it all works before I start advertising on various boards as a GM with a game. I believe being a GM will give me better opportunities running a DCC campaign. I would love to start and run a long term campaign with some rock solid and stable players, much like did back in the eighties.

Well, that's on my wish list anyway. I appreciate the advice and insights that you have given me thus far. I hope to be around and active with the crowd here on the Forums.

Happy Halloween!
i think that you have very strong pbp games going on here. i can not join due to being father of a two old (and i also i get my dcc kick live) but i like to read these topics.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

also, core book is in its fourth printing. you can add to that three different collector cover editions (wizard, leather and easly). to me it seems that is doing quite good.

Return to “DCC RPG General”