Speaking of Crawl... and DAMN...

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Speaking of Crawl... and DAMN...

Post by ragboy »

When can we expect Crawl #10?

And DAMN #2!

I need my Crawl and DAMN!
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Cthulhuoid
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Speaking of Crawl... and DAMN...

Post by Cthulhuoid »

Seconded, I love the format!
Judge Roy Snyder
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Excuse the pun but the publication rate has slowed down to a crawl. 2014 has been very slow compared to the previous rate.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Crimsontree wrote:Excuse the pun but the publication rate has slowed down to a crawl. 2014 has been very slow compared to the previous rate.
DAMN! That's to bad.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Hrevelax
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hrevelax »

Dak is a busy guy. Crawl #10 has been released.

One thing the people can do to speed up production is to buy the issues, subscribe, and more importantly, submit content.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Sorry, it's true. I've been busy, as I have been editing the DCC RPG modules for a while and GG keeps cranking them out. It was especially heavy this year because of Chained Coffin and Purple Planet, and all the other adventures that came out this year. But I'm not sick of making zines, and probably won't be anytime soon.

Submissions! Also don't be discouraged if I don't get back to you after you make one, because I collect them all and hope to have enough that fits a theme, and go from there. And if you have a project that you need help with, please don't hesitate to ask for assistance, tips, trick, etc. I don't mind helping others get their stuff published, whether it's a zine or a full on book.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

reverenddak wrote:Sorry, it's true. I've been busy, as I have been editing the DCC RPG modules for a while and GG keeps cranking them out. It was especially heavy this year because of Chained Coffin and Purple Planet, and all the other adventures that came out this year. But I'm not sick of making zines, and probably won't be anytime soon.

Submissions! Also don't be discouraged if I don't get back to you after you make one, because I collect them all and hope to have enough that fits a theme, and go from there. And if you have a project that you need help with, please don't hesitate to ask for assistance, tips, trick, etc. I don't mind helping others get their stuff published, whether it's a zine or a full on book.
Should we be discouraged at a lack on a response to email?
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

Is there any idea as to when or if #11 will be available?
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

cthulhudarren wrote:
reverenddak wrote:Sorry, it's true. I've been busy, as I have been editing the DCC RPG modules for a while and GG keeps cranking them out. It was especially heavy this year because of Chained Coffin and Purple Planet, and all the other adventures that came out this year. But I'm not sick of making zines, and probably won't be anytime soon.

Should we be discouraged at a lack on a response to email?
No, and don't hesitate to follow up either. Things get lost, and I get swamped, and I'm getting old and forgetful.

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

jeff wrote:Is there any idea as to when or if #11 will be available?
It's on deck. About 75-90% written. It will come out, and that's a promise. And the follow-up issue should come out soon after it. Life has me swamped, and it's been hectic, but I'm sure no one is interested in hearing the excuses. I am doing my best, and today was spent catching up on a lot of things DCC related.

finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

reverenddak wrote:I'm sure no one is interested in hearing the excuses. I am doing my best...
I can't speak for everyone here, but I think that it's admirable that you've been able to put out as many issues as you have. And on a somewhat regular schedule. I'm not sure if folks think about how hard it is to put out a newsletter or fanzine, and it gets harder with each additional issue because a lot of your initial ideas get used up.

Thumbs up to what you've done so far! 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

Second that! I will wait patiently...the quality is worth the wait!
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

reverenddak wrote:
jeff wrote:Is there any idea as to when or if #11 will be available?
It's on deck. About 75-90% written. It will come out, and that's a promise. And the follow-up issue should come out soon after it. Life has me swamped, and it's been hectic, but I'm sure no one is interested in hearing the excuses. I am doing my best, and today was spent catching up on a lot of things DCC related.
I was just curious. Personally, I'd rather you took your time and did it right. :D
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

i just have to say that crawl! was very useful to me at the initial stage of my involvment with dcc and that it has provided a nice support for the already impressive core book and modules. it encouraged us to experiment and to use stuff from other 3pp.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Crawl is fantastic, and I look forward to each issue.

Garett Oliver, who was the brains behind DAMN, is currently hauling cargo to make ends meet, and doesn't have a lot of free time. I'll ping him and see if he has any plans for a #2 any time soon.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Gameogre
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Gameogre »

Crawl! is Amazing and remains one of the ways to tell there is no true justice in the world, otherwise the profits from it would fund the creators small island and it's live action Dungeon Crawl Classics Isle of Doom player funnel.

At last your players will travel to the isle of Doom player Funnel! Now with fresh pine box's coffin while supplies last!

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”