The Crawling Under A Broken Moon DCC fanzine

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Reidzilla
Ill-Fated Peasant

The Crawling Under A Broken Moon DCC fanzine

Post by Reidzilla »

Hello DCC fans!

I am happy to introduce my fanzine, Crawling Under A Broken Moon, dedicated to adding over-the-top post apocalyptic material in the vein of Thundarr the Barbarian, Mad Max, Gamma World, and Adventure Time.

I am just starting up but my first issue is complete and has been sent to Goodman Games for review. I'll be posting content teasers at crawlingunderabrokenmoon.blogspot.com until it is approved for release.

Feel free to leave any comments, questions, or feedback here or contact me at crawlingunderabrokenmoon@gmail.com.
crawlingunderabrokenmoon.blogspot.com
A fanzine dedicated to bringing gonzo post apocalyptic content for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG.
Reidzilla
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: The Crawling Under A Broken Moon DCC fanzine

Post by Reidzilla »

So, a question to all: What do you think of when I say, Post Apocalyptic?

Thank you in advance for your responses!
A fanzine dedicated to bringing gonzo post apocalyptic content for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Original Gamma World, Thundarr the Barbarian, The Walking Dead, Jack Vance's Dying Earth stories, Margaret St. Clair's Sign of the Labrys, Sterling Lanier's Hiero books, Zelazny's This Immortal, Edgar Rice Burroughs' The Lost Continent and later Moon series (after the Kalkars invade Earth). Mad Max. Car Wars. Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Fist of the North Star. Fallout. Wasteland. Mad Max 2. Thundarr. Dying Earth. Book of the New Sun.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Dumnbunny
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Kapow Comics, Cards and Games

Post by Dumnbunny »

Depending on how gonzo you want to get, Six String Samurai.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

I am Legend, historical King Arthur stories (post-Roman apocalypse in Britain), the King in Yellow (several of the stories had a weird "the world has changed inexorably vibe), Red Dawn ('Murica!).

I also think about places like Rwanda or Syria, for more real life apocalyptic scenarios -- I guess if you're going the horror route.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Reidzilla wrote:So, a question to all: What do you think of when I say, Post Apocalyptic?

Thank you in advance for your responses!
When my 10-year old son came to me and told me he loves My Little Pony and had a plush Rainbow Dash in hand (that he purchased with allowance money when he was at the store with the mrs.)

Hands in face....

It's over man. That is far more "Post Apocalyptic" than anything I've read in this thread! :oops:
donpimpom
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by donpimpom »

First thing to came to me is "A boy and his dog" by Harlan Ellison, to be more precise, the graphic novel by Richard Corben (Vic & Blood).
There also a film version, I heard nice comments about but never saw it, they say its a weird 70's sci-fi, in the positive sense.
cjoepar
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by cjoepar »

In addition to some already mentioned, another good example to me is the film "The Blood of Heroes".
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Also, Logan's Run and a few episodes of Doctor Who come to mind.....
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

On a serious note, as opposed to my previous silly post, two books come to mind when I think about post-Apocalyptic:

Andre Norton's Daybreak 2250 A.D. (also known as Star Man's Son) and The Hunters by Jack Lovejoy.

I highly recommend both.
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

I've always enjoyed the Rifts setting from Palladium Books for post apocalyptic ideas.
Reidzilla
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Reidzilla »

Awesome! Thank you for all of the input!

Any suggestions of what post apocalyptic content you would like to see for DCC?
Evil Genius Prime
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Evil Genius Prime »

Reidzilla wrote:Awesome! Thank you for all of the input!

Any suggestions of what post apocalyptic content you would like to see for DCC?
Personally, I'd love to see anything in the vein of Thundarr or the Herculoids.
Golgothmog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Golgothmog »

Evil Genius Prime wrote:
Reidzilla wrote:Personally, I'd love to see anything in the vein of Thundarr or the Herculoids.
Someplace online someone had a whole bunch of the Herculoids creatures statted out for AD&D... ah, here it is: http://paratime.ca/herculoids/
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

Golgothmog wrote:
Evil Genius Prime wrote:
Reidzilla wrote:Personally, I'd love to see anything in the vein of Thundarr or the Herculoids.
Someplace online someone had a whole bunch of the Herculoids creatures statted out for AD&D... ah, here it is: http://paratime.ca/herculoids/
And I've got D&D (well, Mutant Future by way of Labyrinth Lord) covered for Thundarr:

http://tinyurl.com/6tvr77n
Golgothmog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Golgothmog »

sniderman wrote: And I've got D&D (well, Mutant Future by way of Labyrinth Lord) covered for Thundarr:

http://tinyurl.com/6tvr77n
Cool! Thanks for that!
I always liked The Herculoids but have only seen a couple of Thundarr episodes... and those only recently. My favorite thing in a lot of those old cartoons are the evocative background paintings... they really set a mood.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”