Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

hussar1m
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

Post by hussar1m »

Any more word on this? I take it the "before Christmas" pledge isn't coming about either.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Not a sausage. To be honest, once Sean did his disappearing act, I wasn't expecting it to arrive. I believe Sean took our money and didn't send us what we paid for. Basically Sean has ripped us off. :x
hussar1m
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by hussar1m »

OK, so Christmas has come and gone with no word. I'm starting to think some of you guys might be right. Does anyone know what state Sean is based out of? It might be time to start looking at the better business be a bureau for that state, as well as possible future claims for breach of contract, conversion, fraud, etc. I think the important thing at this point to let Sean know that this is not going to go away.
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

Well, at this point, how "illegal/costly" would it be to set up a soft-cover print version of the PDF via Lulu.com or something of the sort ?
I guess anybody can do it for himself, if he/she wants to ? Right ? (My sister printed a hard-coverbook of family vacation' pictures a few years back, no problem at all..)
Then, why not let anybody else that want a print version use the same PDF/Template ??

Actually, I know next to nothing about publishing shenanigans, so this might be a stupid idea.. but maybe not!
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

hussar1m wrote:OK, so Christmas has come and gone with no word. I'm starting to think some of you guys might be right. Does anyone know what state Sean is based out of? It might be time to start looking at the better business be a bureau for that state, as well as possible future claims for breach of contract, conversion, fraud, etc. I think the important thing at this point to let Sean know that this is not going to go away.
He lives in England.
hussar1m
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by hussar1m »

OK, a little quick research shows that this might be covered by the UK's distance selling regulations. The way I read it, if a seller does not provide the goods in question within 30 days of the promised date, the buyer is entitled to a full refund upon request. If the seller does not issue the refund, a complaint would be filed with the Office of Fair Trading. Does anyone have any more experience with these laws?
REAVER
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by REAVER »

Long time lurker, but super big DCC fan. One game with Mr. Stroh as Judge and there's really no turning back!

Anyways, I doubt it'll quash any of the angst on this project, but I just just just got mine in the mail today - out of the blue. (plus the new Crawl! - happy day!)

Packet also included a thick, bonus DCC module entitled "The Revelation of Mulmo" that I didn't pledge for. Perhaps as a token of apology.

I honestly don't think this Sean guy is out to swindle folks whilst laughing maniacally on a tiny pile of money. Likely he misjudged the whole project and got behind on the cash front. Possibly sending stuff out in drips and drabs. I dunno.

Seems to happen often with amateur publishers. It's certainly no excuse, but KS/IGG are both well known crap shoots in the RPG realms.
BattleBrotherBob
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BattleBrotherBob »

I just posted a comment on Indiegogo and sent a message to Sean. We will see if he responds at either place. I will also start looking into getting my money back. What I find out I will let all you here know what I find. At least Brave Halfing let us know what was going on.
Traveller player since 1978
AD&D player since 1978

Guess that just makes me a Grognard.

"Every movie can use more Bobba Fetts." Kevin Smith- Comic Book Men
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

I sent an email to Sean on Dec 27th because I hadn't received anything; I have yet to get a response.
Terry Olson
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

ragboy wrote:
Pesky wrote:Is there an ETA for Pesh Joomang? Thanks!
When the stars are right.
I just realized that it was almost a year ago when I asked about Pesh. Hopefully the "stars" will be right soon... :?
Terry Olson
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Lots of folks still haven't received their products from Sean Conors & he has gone missing:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/angel ... c=comments
hussar1m
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by hussar1m »

Any more on this? Anyone? Anything? Or is our money just gone?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Unfortunately, Paul and I worked for Sean on this. We have neither access to the materials nor the money. I can certainly tell you that Sean is not answering my emails, either.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I emailed Joseph Goodman about this issue on the 3rd of December. I've not received a reply but he is aware of the issue.

Here's what I wrote:

"Hi Joseph,

I've got a bad feeling about the Patrons Indiegogo project for DCC. My suspicion is that even though Sean Connors has said everything has been sent out to the backers, the truth is that this is not the case. No one seems to have received any printed copies or DM screens or t-shirts. No one has confirmed receiving any physical product 3 weeks after the "all books have been sent" announcement was made. That is weird considering the UK & European backers would have received their packages by now. Sean's starting a DCC Patrons book campaign via Ebay soon as well. I paid $50 for the original Indiegogo campaign but I don't think I'll get my stuff. I have feeling that Sean didn't send out the packages to everyone. I smell something fishy.

Best regards,

Steve Moss"

I've still not received any books from Sean Connors, nor replies to my emails since the end of November. I'm afraid that Sean has defrauded his backers.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Unfortunately, Paul and I worked for Sean on this. We have neither access to the materials nor the money. I can certainly tell you that Sean is not answering my emails, either.
Nor mine... But, as I mentioned (I think I mentioned it here) a friend of mine that backed the project got his book late last year (maybe November?) through no prompting by me.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I have attempted to contact Sean and have not received a reply. I am hopeful he still has good intentions. But in this case I don't have any more information than anyone else.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

goodmangames wrote:I have attempted to contact Sean and have not received a reply. I am hopeful he still has good intentions. But in this case I don't have any more information than anyone else.
Thanks Joseph. :) Here's hoping he does the right thing.
jtsavage
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by jtsavage »

I thought I'd chime in because I hadn't been following this issue and I was surprised to see this thread. I hadn't been following because I actually received a physical copy of the book here in New Jersey and I didn't realize that there were serious issues with the campaign. Unfortunately, I can't recall when it arrived but it's been sitting on my shelf for at least several months. Here's hoping the rest of you receive some sort of satisfaction short of "pistols at dawn."
JT's Game Blog
http://jtsavo.org
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Im in PA USA and have received no book.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Im done with Kickstarter/Indiegogo and anything like that. Fraud & stealing from backers is done with absolutely no consequences.
I was robbed by Mike Nystul & his Cairn RPG and now this one looks like it has gone sour. I would like to support fellow gamers & new RPGs, but it just doesn't seem a good investment at all. I'll just wait until an actual product is produced and in inventory, before I buy.
marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Blood Axe wrote:Im done with Kickstarter/Indiegogo and anything like that. Fraud & stealing from backers is done with absolutely no consequences.
I was robbed by Mike Nystul & his Cairn RPG and now this one looks like it has gone sour. I would like to support fellow gamers & new RPGs, but it just doesn't seem a good investment at all. I'll just wait until an actual product is produced and in inventory, before I buy.

I said that in a post on a different thread. I'll pay full rice and wait, rather than pay in advance and get nothing.
Just because people post on forums, doesn't mean they can complete orders on kickstarters.
At least this guy is attacking you and everyone here and calling them asshats.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

It's now March & still no print copies. Sean Conors has conned his backers & took the money & run. He's the main reason I no longer back DCC Kickstarters. I'm angry that he is getting away with this. $51 wasted on my part. :x
beasterbrook
Gongfarmer

Post by beasterbrook »

Ah.. had forgotten about this.. I've received nothing either.. what is concernig is the last update (at christmas) said that everything had been sent..

Brette:)
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Crimsontree wrote:It's now March & still no print copies. Sean Conors has conned his backers & took the money & run. He's the main reason I no longer back DCC Kickstarters. I'm angry that he is getting away with this. $51 wasted on my part. :x
Same here. Out $51 Another THIEF & LIAR along with Nystul & Cairn.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

It's April 2014 & still nothing.

@ Joseph Goodman. Have you heard anything from Sean Conors about what's going on?

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”