Transylvanian Adventures and Void Hunters Adventure

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Transylvanian Adventures and Void Hunters Adventure

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Obviously, we are going to want adventures for TA and VH.

The question is, what will the procedures be for publishing such adventures? Will there be a second license/approval process? Or will there be a free usage license ala Labyrinth Lord (for example) that requires Goodman Games approval?

Enquiring minds want to know.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Transylvanian Adventures and Void Hunters Adventure

Post by smathis »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Obviously, we are going to want adventures for TA and VH.

The question is, what will the procedures be for publishing such adventures? Will there be a second license/approval process? Or will there be a free usage license ala Labyrinth Lord (for example) that requires Goodman Games approval?

Enquiring minds want to know.
For TATG, you'd need a license from Goodman Games. As far as my end of it, all I ask is that I get a chance to review the adventure before publication. If it's going to say "Transylvanian Adventures" on it, I'd like for it to be true to the spirit of the book.

The Rule Enhancements and Firearms Rules (and Tables) are OGL. So people can riff off of what TATG has started. The character classes, factions, plots, and Adversaries that don't already fall under public domain aren't, however. But people can make new character classes for TATG or alternate class abilities for existing classes.

I'd like a look though and wouldn't want anything in the TATG sub-line that wasn't committed to Gothic "Adventure" Horror. I think all that's laid out fairly well in the book. Limit the pathos. Sanity is for NPCs. Yadda yadda.

There's going to be some pretty wild rules hacks, a full-on setting, and a unique-ish take on monsters in the second book. Anybody producing anything too ambitious prior to the second book runs the risk of obsolescence. The third book is going to have the Theorist, spellcasting, and major settings hacks. Some people might be interested in writing adventures for the settings hacks. And, again, writing up rituals and spells for TATG before the third book runs a risk as well.

That's another good reason to have me check stuff out.
Maxwell Luther
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maxwell Luther »

Ditto for me, especially the bit about review: Void Hunters will have a very specific genre range and I'd like to keep the adventures for it within that range for the first crop of adventures at least. I'll also want a credit, something along the lines of 'Void Hunters created by Nathaniel Torson.'

I'm already letting folks get a jump on the adventure design, by the way. Paul over at Mystic Bull Games (Ragboy on the forum here) asked me a week or so ago if he could take a stab at it and we're talking back and forth about producing what will either be a third adventure for the book or, if there isn't any room, a bonus adventure ala The Savage Kings, for the VH Kickstarter.

I'm am keen to see a mess of adventures ready to go when the game releases, just like DCC, so if you're interested, PM me. While the rules are in flux, the mechanical bits can't be properly done, but the surrounding flesh of the adventure certainly can.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Good information; thank you.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Holy crap! That would be awesome!
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

So now I have to decide where to send my Rocky Horror Funnel...we do the "time warp" in just a few weeks with daylight savings ;)
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Skars wrote:So now I have to decide where to send my Rocky Horror Funnel...we do the "time warp" in just a few weeks with daylight savings ;)
That would be epic as a TATG adventure. If you don't write it up, I may have to...
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

The keeper you are about to see has no F'ing neck!
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Karaptis wrote:The keeper you are about to see has no F'ing neck!
:lol:

You'd also have to have it such that the party arrives on Friday with something very important to deliver or attend on Saturday night.

Only to have it be Sunday when the adventure ends.

Bonus XP to the player who asks "Whatever happened to Saturday Night?"
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Note to self: lock up the bread (toast) and rice when players come over. Tell the neighbors that the words A**hole and slut will be used often not to be alarmed. I may have to offer both as player characters along with Dr Scott. This adventure must work!
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Haha totally good examples of what I had in mind :lol:

The Sonic Transducer ought to produce some exciting results...let alone the Sword of Damocles :P
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Karaptis wrote:Note to self: lock up the bread (toast) and rice when players come over. Tell the neighbors that the words A**hole and slut will be used often not to be alarmed. I may have to offer both as player characters along with Dr Scott. This adventure must work!
Well, the "Life's Been Good To Me So Far" table in TATG has a wheelchair-bound character in it. There's no entry for having "no neck". I'd suppose that's flavor or possibly a physical appearance trait. I'd house-rule that it gave a -4 (at least) to being beheaded....

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”