DCC RPG Dice

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

DCC RPG Dice

Post by DM Cojo »

I would love to see Goodman Games offer their own set of dice for DCC RPG. Maybe you can contract with a dice vendor? You could do sets of standard polyhedral, "funky" set, and a full set combining the two smaller sets. I have a set of Gamescience funky dice, a ton of sets of Chessex regular polyhedral, and a set of dice from Geonomic games that do funky numbers...but I want a complete set of matching dice for my DCC RPG games! Maybe a kickstarter for them would be a good option too?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: DCC RPG Dice

Post by finarvyn »

Agreed. I'd love to see some official DCC dice. The problem is (I think) that getting into the dice business isn't a simple process and Goodman Games wants to focus on the printing aspect of the game. I think someone would have to find a connection with a custom-dice company and then make it work from there.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

Available only at Gen Con.

-sob-
Flexi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Flexi »

Now that is a great looking dice bag!
NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by NJPDX »

That DCC dice bag is nice, but once I got one of these I never looked back :twisted:

Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

That was my first dice bag, at age 8 I can assure you the bottle was taken care of by pops :)
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Skars wrote:That was my first dice bag, at age 8 I can assure you the bottle was taken care of by pops :)
We used to buy bottles of the stuff for my wife's boss with the condition that he would return the bag for my kids to use as dice bags. I don't drink the stuff, but love the bag!
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Now that the game has a lot of printed module support, I am more open to a dice set. We'll see what comes of that...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

To paraphrase Bender: "Oh YEAH? Well, I'll make my own dice bag! With blackjack! And hookers!"

DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

sniderman wrote:To paraphrase Bender: "Oh YEAH? Well, I'll make my own dice bag! With blackjack! And hookers!"

Very nice!
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

goodmangames wrote:Now that the game has a lot of printed module support, I am more open to a dice set. We'll see what comes of that...
Please. I just bought a set online, and the d14 is HUGE and not available in the color of the rest of the dice.

I need a nice tight set from Goodman Games.
NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by NJPDX »

sniderman wrote:To paraphrase Bender: "Oh YEAH? Well, I'll make my own dice bag! With blackjack! And hookers!"

I love the look of those dice. Who makes them, if you don't mind me asking? It seems like all I ever stumble into are the Zocchi/gamescience sets (which I love too).
sniderman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by sniderman »

NJPDX wrote: I love the look of those dice. Who makes them, if you don't mind me asking? It seems like all I ever stumble into are the Zocchi/gamescience sets (which I love too).

I picked them all up at Gen Con last year. They're Koplow dice.

http://www.koplowgames.com/
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

JonHook wrote:
goodmangames wrote:Now that the game has a lot of printed module support, I am more open to a dice set. We'll see what comes of that...
Please. I just bought a set online, and the d14 is HUGE and not available in the color of the rest of the dice.
The d7/d14 issue is the one missing link...well, that and a variety of colors in things like d10-numbered-1-5-twice. I actually found a series of different colors of d6-numbered-1-3-twice...not great colors, but at east some variation. But that only d14 and d14-numbered-1-7-twice that are "standard" shapes were the large dice at Koplow (and I think some others might have had some too).

However, at a couple of games, folks did have the smaller d14's so I'll be on the hunt a bit for them today...
NJPDX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by NJPDX »

sniderman wrote:
NJPDX wrote: I love the look of those dice. Who makes them, if you don't mind me asking? It seems like all I ever stumble into are the Zocchi/gamescience sets (which I love too).

I picked them all up at Gen Con last year. They're Koplow dice.

http://www.koplowgames.com/
Ah OK thanks, I see Koplow dice as individual pieces on Amazon occassionally, but I'll have to hunt around and see if I can't find a retailer that carries them; it looks like Kaplow only deals in wholesale.
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

I prefer the d7 as a d14 numbered twice, a d3 as a d6 numbered twice, and a d5 as a d10 numbered twice. But the koplow stuff is just so huge! If there would make them in a smaller size that would be much better.
The Angry Monk
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by The Angry Monk »

Be glad you can find any of the funky dice. Scarcer than hen's teeth where I live.
DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

Monster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Monster »

Nice dice, I need some black D16's for a slow witted halfling!
To that creature, you are the monsters hunting it!
Noun mon·ster/mɒnstər/Show Spell[mon-ster]
1. a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
2. any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
3. any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.
4. a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.
5. any animal or thing huge in size.
6. any small, unattended children running free

Return to “DCC RPG General”