Mssing creature stats

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Mssing creature stats

Post by Borealis »

I'm sure I can extrapolate the correct numbers myself, but I'd rather get the 'official' word just to be safe.

It seems that in DCC32, the stats for the Saena Tree were misprinted. Specifically, in the stat block, the saves are listed as follows: Str 30, Dex 1, etc. Ability scores rather than saving throw modifiers.

Would the saves be the same for the Corrupted Saena Tree listed immediately afterwards? The ability scores are identical, so if they're the same the numbers would be Fort +18, Ref +5, Will +19.

I'm putting together my son's 'DCC Monster Manual,' so I'd like to fix the oversight (or misprinting in my copy, as the case may be) for the files.
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Borealis »

And a follow-up question: in DCC16, one of the spells, Strike of the Cobra, is listed as having a material component, but no component is included in the description. If there should be a component, what is it?

I know, I could make one up...but official word is always nice. :)
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
gargoyle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Mssing creature stats

Post by gargoyle »

Borealis wrote:I'm sure I can extrapolate the correct numbers myself, but I'd rather get the 'official' word just to be safe.

It seems that in DCC32, the stats for the Saena Tree were misprinted. Specifically, in the stat block, the saves are listed as follows: Str 30, Dex 1, etc. Ability scores rather than saving throw modifiers.

Would the saves be the same for the Corrupted Saena Tree listed immediately afterwards? The ability scores are identical, so if they're the same the numbers would be Fort +18, Ref +5, Will +19.

I'm putting together my son's 'DCC Monster Manual,' so I'd like to fix the oversight (or misprinting in my copy, as the case may be) for the files.
I just re checked my notes - and you are correct the saves are the same...
Greg Oppedisano
Author: The Great City Campaign setting, PC Pearls, Sidetrek Adventure Weekly, GM Gems, DCC 48, DCC 49, DCC 43, DCC 32, DCC 29...
Contact info and bibliography in the WereCabbage patch: http://www.werecabbages.com/members.php?id=22
Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Mssing creature stats

Post by Borealis »

gargoyle wrote:
Borealis wrote:I just re checked my notes - and you are correct the saves are the same...
Thank you for your quick reply. I've adjusted the file.

Have a blessed Easter!
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Borealis wrote:If there should be a component, what is it?
Took me awhile to find my original notes on this ... "The Book of Seven Serpents" and the new spells found within its pages weren't part of the original "Emerald Cobra" manuscript - they were actually something that got added into the manuscript later on, right before the module went to the printer. So my initial write-up for the spell was in a separate file.

Anyway - getting back to the original question, yes, there is a material component for the spell. Which is:

Material Component: Three drops of blood from a king cobra.

Hope you find this helpful!

-Mike
Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Borealis »

Mike_Ferguson wrote:Took me awhile to find my original notes on this ... "The Book of Seven Serpents" and the new spells found within its pages weren't part of the original "Emerald Cobra" manuscript - they were actually something that got added into the manuscript later on, right before the module went to the printer. So my initial write-up for the spell was in a separate file.

Anyway - getting back to the original question, yes, there is a material component for the spell. Which is:

Material Component: Three drops of blood from a king cobra.

Hope you find this helpful!

-Mike
I do indeed, thank you very much. Perhaps there could be some form of errata file for little details like this that might crop up. What can I say, I'm a stickler for accuracy...especially on spells.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”