Tome of Horrors - 28mm Minis Kickstarter

You know... whatever.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

modemaus
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Tome of Horrors - 28mm Minis Kickstarter

Post by modemaus »

I probably should have shared this here a month ago, although I bet a couple GG forum folk already know of it, but Center Stage Minis put together a really sweet kickstarter for a module called Tome of Horrors - I don't have a lot of interest in the module, but the monsters are very unique and I intend to use all of them in my DCC RPG campaign! Based on the DCC book, I try to write my adventures with the idea that monsters are not generic, disposable known creatures.

The Kickstarter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cen ... le-miniatu

Just the images of minis (concepts)
http://jerrytel.blogspot.com/2013/05/cu ... s.html?m=1

This kickstarter is offering some really sweet deals at the $100 and $200 dollar level (if you do the math, these metal minis between size small and huge are going between ~2-4$ per) and all of the minis are pretty special. They recently added in a Purple Wyrm that was an exclusive at GaryCon, but with some differences to make it special for this set. I bet the old school guys are already geeked just hearing Putple Worm :-) some of the far reaching goals include a Furnace Golem, two headed troll - these look great. There are already a couple of greens showing the molds if you would like to see:

The greens

Just thought I would share! I pledged at $200 because I anticipate that these will all be very unique fights for my group!

----
UPDATE: Currently, people pledging at the $200 dollar level are able to get up to 57 miniatures, not including a couple of addons. This kickstarter is doing really well - made it to #11 on Kicktraq (if Kicktraq stats were accurate, it should have been in the top 10 - according to some comments).

Over $16,000 was pledged today alone!
Last edited by modemaus on Wed May 29, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
modemaus
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Tome of Horrors - 28mm Minis Kickstarter

Post by modemaus »

I should have also noted that this kickstart ends in 3 days!

UPDATE: 24 hours left as of May 29!
Last edited by modemaus on Wed May 29, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
modemaus
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by modemaus »

This kickstarter picked up like $13k today unbelievably! Here is a link to an updated show of all of these crazy minis:

http://home.earthlink.net/~serpine/Gami ... 0Small.jpg

The next stretch goal including two huge minis - a glass drake and a hulking giant in chains is inevitably going to be unlocked tonight at this rate - the kickstarter is currently at 65k ish!
modemaus
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by modemaus »

Less than one hour left! Just unlocked a Large Furnace Golem and a Gorgimera, working on a cave fisher now!

Return to “Everything Else”