Clarification: Plantient Fragrance Pheromones

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

dj.defe.d
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Game Kastle

Clarification: Plantient Fragrance Pheromones

Post by dj.defe.d »

The wording for "Fragrance Pheromones" confuses me.

"Thus, plantient characters are naturally lucky and gain 2 points of luck for every point spent..."

I have tried to read this in a way that DOESN'T say every time a plantient uses luck, they get back twice as much as they use, but I just haven't nailed down any other meaning in my head.

Assuming my reading is correct (which I don't believe it actually is), why would a plantient character NOT use every point of luck they had on every single roll they make? Having a plantient in your group seems like it would completely obviate the Luck mechanic.

So, obviously, I am misunderstanding. I thought that maybe it was referring to purchasing luck points, but I couldn't find anywhere in the rules where luck was ever purchased with points.

So, after searching for a few days to no avail, I ask the folks here - could you help to clarify this rule for me?

Thanks!

- DefE
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Clarification: Plantient Fragrance Pheromones

Post by thogard »

This just means that when a plantient burns one point of luck, the die result is increased by two.

As with pure human characters, the plantient regenerates luck only up to the permanent luck score.
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

If a plantient has a max Luck score of 14 and they spend 5 points on a roll, they add 10 (5 x 2) to the roll instead of just 5. Their luck is now 9 out of 14 and they'll gain back 2 luck after they rest, which will bring them up to 11 out of 14.
dj.defe.d
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Game Kastle

Post by dj.defe.d »

Thanks!

That maybe could be worded better.

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”