Errata, part 2 (updated core book file, Aug 09, 2017)

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Errata, part 2 (updated core book file, Aug 09, 2017)

Post by Ogrepuppy »

And it begins!

Page 166 (170 of my PDF):

Placement of Artifacts, second sentence: "therefor" --> should be "therefore"

Actually, all instances of "therefor".....

pg 64, 145, 166, 175, 182 (in book, not PDF pages)

On a happy note, the new art is fantastic, and the additional pages useful.
Last edited by Ogrepuppy on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galderon
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Universe

Re: Errata, part 2 (updated core Aug 09, 2017)

Post by galderon »

Odd. Not one of my suggestions made it into the revised PDF.
Last edited by galderon on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Errata, part 2 (updated core book file, Aug 09, 2017)

Post by Ogrepuppy »

(book, not PDF page)

On pg 179, 180 - Com-Badge and Holo-Cloak are hyphenated, whereas Table 7-2 (pg 171) they aren't.

The opposite occurs on pg 183, where the entry for Grav Ped and Sled aren't hyphenated, but they are in Table 7-2.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Errata, part 2 (updated core Aug 09, 2017)

Post by Ogrepuppy »

galderon wrote:Odd. Not one of my suggestions made it into the revised PDF.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

This is still true, from the previous thread:

Leg1on
My obsession with spider-goats found this:

In the Index on page 272, Caprapod and Caprapod Warder are misspelled Carapod and Carapod Warder, respectively.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

In the OGL, the "b" in beast thing and the "d" in data ghost isn't capitalized.

;)
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

The map on PDF pages 2 & 3 (frontspieces) are the same thing twice.
Eric Fields
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Clockwork Games and Events

Post by Eric Fields »

On page 23 of the revised PDF, DCC RPG is stated where I believe it should be "MCC RPG" instead.
Sorn1808
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: I have no idea.

Post by Sorn1808 »

None of the stuff I listed was addressed either. I'm relisting it with updated page numbers. (All of these are book pages)

Page 16, Table 1-1: *New correction*

Under Maximum Wetware Program Level, the "1" for an ability score of 7 is misaligned.

Page 195, under Pyrosome:

In both the stat block and the description the word "envelope" should be "envelop".

Page 197, under Tetravalent:

In the stat block "envelope" should be "envelop".

Page 242, under Patron Taint: ME10:

For a result of 4 it says "stunned for 1d3+CL", that should probably have a duration of rounds attached to it.

Page 244, Laser Wetware:

Result of 14-15: "The shaman’s eyes blaze with either one target..." there should probably be a comma or something after blaze and before with "... eyes blaze, with either..."

16-19: "In addition, the targets..." should just be "In addition, the target..." not plural.

Page 245, Restore Backup:

Result of 34-35: "The shaman summons a superior genetic prints." This should probably say "...a superior genetic print." singular. Also "This replicants is superior to the shaman in all ways have a +3 bonus..." should probably read something like "This replicant is superior to the shaman in all ways, and has a +3 bonus..."

Page 247, Invoke Patron (Tetraplex):

Result 12-13: "...chide them for not using accessing its knowledge..." should say something like "...chide them for not accessing its knowledge...", dropping the using.

Page 248, Glowburn (Tetraplex)

Result 1: "...cells to liquefy and re-solidify into as..." This should either say into what, or just drop into and leave it as "...re-solidify, as Tetraplex..."

Page 279, Bubble-Car Artifact Table:

For results 1-11 the words all run together with no spacing on the first line (at least in my pdf reader). Example: "Bubble-car’sintruderalarmsounds;thedeafeningwailcauses..."
quozl
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by quozl »

Eric Fields wrote:On page 23 of the revised PDF, DCC RPG is stated where I believe it should be "MCC RPG" instead.
My Page 23 (27 on the pdf) is a low-quality picture, not text, but it does say MCC in all the right places.
Chuck Korsin: Woodcutter. Str 14 (+1), Agi 10 (0), Sta 17 (+2), Per 15 (+1), Int 9 (0), Luc 9 (0), AC: 10; HP: 3; Weapon: Handaxe +1 (1d6+1), Speed: 30; Init: 0; Ref: 0; Fort: 2; Will: 1, Holy water (1 vial) (25 gp), Bundle of wood, 37 cp, Crowbar, Sack (large)

Barnum Bailey: Animal trainer. RIP Weapon: Club (1d4), Waterskin (5 sp), 30 cp
Gene Yusmore: Cooper. RIP Torch (1 cp), Barrel, 33 cp
Tellessa Storie: Elven barrister. RIP Weapon: Quill (as dart) (1d4), Book, 33 cp
Eric Fields
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Clockwork Games and Events

Post by Eric Fields »

quozl wrote:
Eric Fields wrote:On page 23 of the revised PDF, DCC RPG is stated where I believe it should be "MCC RPG" instead.
My Page 23 (27 on the pdf) is a low-quality picture, not text, but it does say MCC in all the right places.
See the image below. I could definitely be wrong, I just assumed this really should say MCC RPG instead of DCC RPG. And it's on the book's page 23, not page 23 of the PDF, I should have clarified.

http://imgur.com/a/wvDvP
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Eric Fields wrote:
quozl wrote:
See the image below. I could definitely be wrong, I just assumed this really should say MCC RPG instead of DCC RPG. And it's on the book's page 23, not page 23 of the PDF, I should have clarified.

http://imgur.com/a/wvDvP
Confirmed. Same as my (book) page 23.
measuredrums
Gongfarmer
FLGS: The Core

Post by measuredrums »

Two areas are described in the adventure 'Assault on the Sky High Tower', areas A-1 (The Sub-Shuttle Station) & B-1 (Agro-Bot Aggro) ... there is no map provided showing the locations or layout of these two areas.
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DavetheLost »

Ogrepuppy wrote:The map on PDF pages 2 & 3 (frontspieces) are the same thing twice.
In the file I just downloaded they are different.
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DavetheLost »

The back cover of the pdf shows the price as $29.99. The Goodman Games store shows the price as $39.99.
galderon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by galderon »

Relisting the errors I found, with book page numbers:

page 17: The War-Bot: Critical hit tables (double Luck modifier on critical hits)
This entry should have ** at the end, like The Backup Disk.

page 30: Artifacts: Healers have a natural affinity for understanding the artifacts of the ancients, resulting in an added bonus to Artifact checks (see Table 2-3).
This should say Table 2-5.

page 32: Artifacts: Rovers have a natural affinity for understanding the artifacts of the ancients, resulting in an added bonus to Artifact checks (see Table 2-1).
This should say Table 2-7.

page 34: Artifacts: Mutants have some affinity for the artifacts of the ancients, giving them medium-ranged bonuses to Artifact checks (see Table 3-2).
This should say Table 2-9.

page 34: Table 2-9 - Mutant
Mutant Horror Init Bonus is worse at levels 4, 6, and 8 than the previous level.
1d3+2 > 1d4+1; 1d4+2 > 1d5+1; 1d5+2 > 1d6+1

page 167: For example, Mangarr the Mighty, a 1st level rover with a 16 Intelligence, finds and attempts to understand a dazer pistol. Brutor rolls a d20, adds his Intelligence...
Example starts with Mangarr the Mighty, ends with Brutor.

page 210: 14-15 A single target must make a Willpower save or fall under the shaman’s complete control. The shaman must concentrate to maintain this control, and the controlled AI or target creature will only perform actions that are contrary to it’s original programming
It's should be its.

page 252: With a primary interest in regaining its own abilities and usefulness, this powerful AI has been known to recruit chosen ones from the surviving population of mankind’s descendants in order to protect it’s still functional sections, and to better effect repairs on its still-crippled portions.
The second it's should be its (the first and third one are correct).
Last edited by galderon on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
galderon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by galderon »

To try to illustrate my point with the Mutant Horror Init Bonus, at 3rd level, a mutant gets a 1d3+2 bonus, and at 4th, a 1d4+1 bonus.

1d3+2 will beat 1d4+1, 50% of the time, it will tie 25% of the time, and will lose only 25% of the time.

To compare, this is the exact difference when comparing a 1d4 to a 1d3.
  • 1d3+2 vs 1d4+1: 1d3+2 wins 50%; ties 25%; loses: 25%
  • 1d4+2 vs 1d5+1: 1d4+2 wins 50%; ties 20%; loses: 30%
  • 1d5+2 vs 1d6+1: 1d5+2 wins 50%; ties 17%; loses: 33%
  • 1d4 vs 1d3: 1d4 wins 50%; ties 25%; loses: 25%
If it's intended that Mutants get a larger bonus each level, the progression should be modified in some way. Perhaps it could use the same progression as the Sentinel's Artifact Bonus Die.
Dumnbunny
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Kapow Comics, Cards and Games

Post by Dumnbunny »

Table 1-1: Ability Score Modifiers is still messed up:
Dumnbunny wrote:Pg 12, Table 1-1: Ability Score Modifiers, 5th row (Ability Score 7), 5th column (Max Wetware Program Level**): the value in the spot, 1, is at the end of the 4th column.

Also, this may just be my misunderstanding, or I may be missing something, but this table confuses me. It includes a modifier to the Max Wetware Programs, -2 through +6, but I'm confused as to -2 to what? Table 2-3: Shaman doesn't have a maximum number of wetware programs, so I'm confused as to what the modifier, er, modifies.

Both Table 1-1 and Table 2-3 have a Max Wetware Program Level column, one based on ability score and the other based on class level.

In Table 1-1, the Max Wetware Program Level column is "Based on Intelligence for shamans and Personality for healers." Wetware isn't mentioned in the Healer class description.
Sorn1808
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: I have no idea.

Post by Sorn1808 »

quozl wrote:
Same thing for me.
BenTwin
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Three Blind Dice

Post by BenTwin »

On book page 173 under "Gauzer Rifle" the word "using" needs to be removed from the first sentence in the description.

On book page 178 under "Cybernetic Implant" the word 'be' was left out (I'll add it here in brackets): "Care should [be] exercised when handling cybernetic implants..."

Love this book!

Edit: Added some clarification and another entry.
kglaze
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kglaze »

Pg. 130 Burning Luck - 2nd bullet point "spell checks, thieves checks" listed in paragraph regarding Luck usage.
onearmspence
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by onearmspence »

p. 26: The artifact bonus die with weapons has a different progression from MCC's dice chain. It should start at d3 and end at d16 for a 10th lvl Sentinel
JWheeler
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Comic Kingdom

Post by JWheeler »

I found a couple of problems with the Manimal class.

On Table 2-11 crit table for level 7 shows table 2 where levels 6 and 8 show table 3.

On that same page (36 in the book) it list the AI recognition modifier for the manimal as -2, but on table 6-1 (book page 151) that modifier is shown as -4.
Diesel99
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Sage's Shoppe

Post by Diesel99 »

Hello,

First time posting to the board. Below is a compiled list of all grammatical and typographical errors found in the updated Core book. I have left out gender pronoun corrections such as his or her for they, them and their. Most of these have been noted by other board members so I went through and confirmed them in the PDF I have. Hopefully this is submitted in time for corrections to be made before the core book goes to print!

Hats off to Jim Wampler Goodman games for an awesome game!

MCC REVISED CORE BOOK MASTER ERRATA: (errata annotated in revised corebook on 08/24/17)
Page 16, Table 1-1: Ability Score Modifiers, 5th row (Ability Score 7), 5th column (Max Wetware Program Level**): the value in the spot, 1, is at the end of the 4th column. Table 2-3: Shaman doesn't have a maximum number of wetware programs, so I'm confused as to what the modifier, er, modifies. Both Table 1-1 and Table 2-3 have a Max Wetware Program Level column, one based on ability score and the other based on class level. In Table 1-1, the Max Wetware Program Level column is "Based on Intelligence for shamans and Personality for healers." Wetware isn't mentioned in the Healer class description.
Page 17, The War-Bot: Critical hit tables (double Luck modifier on critical hits), This entry should have ** at the end, like The Backup Disk.
Page 19, Table 1-6: Mutant Appearance, Result 25-27: (2) has 1d4 arms, round up to even number; (3) has 1d4 legs, round up to even number; It seems a bit unclear for 2 and 3. Are those Additional Limbs, or Total Limbs? If it is Additional Limbs, I'd suggest changing the word "has" to "gains" in both of those results.
Page 22, Archaic Alignments, fourth sentence and into fifth sentence, "...The Chosen Zuu. While plantients...." should be "...The Chosen Zuu, while plantients...."
Page 22, "...will be assigned the plumb role of tribal “Seeker.” plumb should be plum.
Page 23, under choosing a class, third sentence, it mentions 'pure stain humans', should be 'pure strain humans'
Page 23, this page is a scanned image and not text searchable
Page 26, Sentinel Abilities, first paragraph, after the long hyphen. "...those who's..." should be "those whose"
Page 26, The artifact bonus die with weapons has a different progression from MCC's dice chain. It should start at d3 and end at d16 for a 10th lvl Sentinel
Page 26, 28, 30, 32: For all the pure strain human classes, the Archaic Alignment choices have double "the"
Page 28, Table 2-3: Is it intentional that only Shaman end up with 3 action die at level 10?
Page 30, Artifacts: Healers have a natural affinity for understanding the artifacts of the ancients, resulting in an added bonus to Artifact checks (see Table 2-3). This should say Table 2-5.
Page 32, Artifacts: Rovers have a natural affinity for understanding the artifacts of the ancients, resulting in an added bonus to Artifact checks (see Table 2-1). This should say Table 2-7.
Page 32, Rover level 2 Critical Dice should be 1d12, not 1d2.
Page 34, Artifacts: Mutants have some affinity for the artifacts of the ancients, giving them medium-ranged bonuses to Artifact checks (see Table 3-2). This should say Table 2-9.
Page 34, Table 2-9 Mutant Horror Init Bonus is worse at levels 4, 6, and 8 than the previous level. 1d3+2 > 1d4+1; 1d4+2 > 1d5+1; 1d5+2 > 1d6+1
Page 36, Table 2-11 crit table for level 7 shows table 2 where levels 6 and 8 show table 3.
Page 36, the AI recognition modifier for the manimal is listed as -2, but on table 6-1 (book page 151) that modifier is shown as -4.
Page 46, Carapace, Manifestation (2): "... a chitinous exoskeletal;" should be "exoskeleton" or finish with a noun.
Page 42, Claws, Manifestation (3): "Claws" capitalized.
Page 47, Electrical Generation, Manifestation (4): "mutants" should be "mutant's", and "that" should probably be "and" to avoid ambiguity.
Page 48, Extra Senses, Manifestation (4): "mutant skin" --> "mutant's skin".
Page 49, Gas Generation, Manifestation (2): "mutants" --> "mutant's".
Page 51, Heightened Stamina, Manifestation (2): "the" --> "The".
Page 52, Holographic Skin, Manifestation (4): "loose" --> "lose". Check results, 4 uses of "spectrums" rather than "spectra".
Page 57, New Body Parts, result 2-11: "antennae" --> "antenna" and "gills" --> "gill"
Page 58, Radiation Generation, Manifestation (4): "Cloud" --> "cloud".
Page 64, 145, 166, 175, 182, Placement of Artifacts, second sentence: "therefor" --> should be "therefore"
Page 66, Cryokinesis, result 32+: "effected" --> "affected".
Page 70, Empathy, result 28-29: "who's advise" --> "whose advice".
Page 73, Illusion Generation, result 32+: "object" --> "objects".
Page 73, Life Force Reflection, result 30-31: doubled semicolon "attack;;"
Page 74, Magnetic Control, Manifestation (3): "his or his" --> "his or her".
Page 75, Mind Control, General: "causing them to regard them" would be better as "causing them to regard the mutant".
Page 78, Molecular Disruption, Manifestation (2): "eye's" --> "eyes".
Page 80, Pyrokinesis, General: "until the ignite" --> "until they ignite". Result 32+: the final sentence is distorted.
Page 80, Pyrokinesis, result 32+: Last line is distorted, text reads "tional 1d10 of fire damage per round until extinguished with a DC 32 Reflex save."
Page 89, Attraction Odor, result 20+: "mutant" --> "mutant's"
Page 90, Delayed Reaction, result 12-15: "over thinking" --> "over-thinking"
Page 93, Enmity, result 2-4: "meeting their" --> "meeting them" *next 4 results have the same error.
Page 102, Anaerobic, General: both "gases" and "gasses" are used. Result 2-13: "manifestation" needs closing parenthesis. . Result 30-31 and 32-33: "gasses" is used
Page 104, Gene Splice, results 32-33 and 34+: "target creatures" --> "target creature's"
Page 105, Merge, Result 26-29: "redirect's" --> "redirects". Result 30-31: "targets" --> "target's"
Page 106, Metallic Skin, Manifestation (4): capitalize first word "the"
Page 108, Singularity, result 32-33: "judges" --> "judge's"
Page 109, Xenomorph, Result 8-10: "his" --> "its".
Page 117, Molecular Analysis: Range is listed as "range: 1 turn", instead of providing a distance
Page 124, Table 4-1: Weapon ranges are missing in book but included in the Judge's Screen.
Page 124, Table 4-1: "*And 50% chance of “friendly fire” if attack misses; see page 131." friendly fire is now found on pg. 139 under "Firing into a melee"
Page 131, "If a character is proficient in one of the following weapons, he can inflict subdual damage with it: axes, clubs, spears, and daggers." There are no weapon proficiencies listed so mentioning them seems redundant and implies that there are people who are not proficient with those weapons. It seems odd to list a bunch of weapons like that, there are no hammers in the starting equipment but if a character was to obtain one somehow, can they not inflict subdual damage? I think the intention is to stop nonsense like using a blowgun to subdue but this should be clarified. Page 19, Weapon Training, states that all characters are proficient with all primitive weapons. It does seem redundant. Why not just state that those weapons can be used to inflict subdual damage.
Page 137, On Recovering the Body, there is no difficulty for the Luck check listed (DCC lists it as 10)
Page 138, Burning Luck - 2nd bullet point "spell checks, thieves checks" listed in paragraph regarding Luck usage.
Page 141, Skill Checks for Common Activities: "Sneaking:" should be in bold text
Page 152, Table 6-2 it says Mainframes of Alignment, should be Mainframe of Order. Same issue on the Character and Creature Codex
Page 167, For example, Mangarr the Mighty, a 1st level rover with a 16 Intelligence, finds and attempts to understand a dazer pistol. Brutor rolls a d20, adds his Intelligence...Example starts with Mangarr the Mighty, ends with Brutor.
Page 173, Gauzer rifle, last sentence: "at to 10 multiple..." should read "at 10 multiple..." or "at up to 10...."
Page 178, under "Cybernetic Implant" the word 'be' was left out (I'll add it here in brackets): "Care should [be] exercised when handling cybernetic implants..."
Page 179, 180, Com-Badge and Holo-Cloak are hyphenated, whereas Table 7-2 (pg 171) they aren't.
Page 179, Carbon nano-cord should come in a 100' spool, not 100"
Page 183, The entry for Grav Ped and Sled aren't hyphenated, but they are hyphenated in Table 7-2.
Page 183, Why does cortexin cylinder have 3 DCs listed?
Page 184, Gene Resequencer. "...use the table at right to determine the outcome...", The table is not "at right", it's on the next page, page 185
Page 195, under Pyrosome: In both the stat block and the description the word "envelope" should be "envelop".
Page 196, SCAVOK-69: "anti-grab" should be "anti-grav"
Page 197, under Tetravalent: In the stat block "envelope" should be "envelop".
Page 210: 14-15 A single target must make a Willpower save or fall under the shaman’s complete control. The shaman must concentrate to maintain this control, and the controlled AI or target creature will only perform actions that are contrary to it’s original programming, It's should be its.
Page 220, Patron taint result 4: does this occur once when the taint is acquired, or is it supposed to happen whenever the shaman activates a wetware program (like results 3 and 6), or something else?
Page 234, Patron taint result 2: s in "shaman" not capitalized
Page 234, Invoke patron result 32+, 4th line: "using a d30_20 action die" d30[underscore]20 should be d30, or d20, or something
Page 242, under Patron Taint: ME10: For a result of 4 it says "stunned for 1d3+CL", that should probably have a duration of rounds attached to it.
Page 244, Laser Wetware: Result of 14-15: "The shaman’s eyes blaze with either one target..." there should probably be a comma or something after blaze and before with "... eyes blaze, with either..."; 16-19: "In addition, the targets..." should just be "In addition, the target..." not plural.
Page 245, Restore Backup: Result of 34-35: "The shaman summons a superior genetic prints." This should probably say "...a superior genetic print." singular. Also "This replicants is superior to the shaman in all ways have a +3 bonus..." should probably read something like "This replicant is superior to the shaman in all ways, and has a +3 bonus..."
Page 246, Results for 30-33: "... into the aether the planet’s electromagnetic field...", should be an "of" after "aether" and before "the planet's".
Page 247, Invoke Patron (Tetraplex): Result 12-13: "...chide them for not using accessing its knowledge..." should say something like "...chide them for not accessing its knowledge...", dropping the using.
Page 248, Glowburn (Tetraplex) Result 1: "...cells to liquefy and re-solidify into as..." This should either say into what, or just drop into and leave it as "...re-solidify, as Tetraplex..."
Page 252, With a primary interest in regaining its own abilities and usefulness, this powerful AI has been known to recruit chosen ones from the surviving population of mankind’s descendants in order to protect it’s still functional sections, and to better effect repairs on its still-crippled portions. The second it's should be its (the first and third one are correct).
Page 267-268, Two areas are described in the adventure 'Assault on the Sky High Tower', areas A-1 (The Sub-Shuttle Station) & B-1 (Agro-Bot Aggro) ... there is no map provided showing the locations or layout of these two areas.
Page 279, Bubble-Car Artifact Table: For results 1-11 the words all run together with no spacing on the first line (at least in my pdf reader). Example: "Bubble-car’sintruderalarmsounds;thedeafeningwailcauses..."
Page 282, Caprapod and Caprapod Warder are misspelled Carapod and Carapod Warder, respectively.
Page 283, Index entry for Weapon training says it is found on page 19; Weapon training is now found on Page 23
Page 284, In the OGL, the "b" in beast thing and the "d" in data ghost isn't capitalized.
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

I would once again like to thank everyone who took the time and effort to submit typo corrections. Thank you for helping make this book the best possible version of the rules it can be!

To just clarify on item: the retail list price on the book is $39.99 for the color cover version. Since the printers have to give us a new spine size based upon the added page count, the old cover version was used in the last PDF, but it has been corrected.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” ~ E. Gary Gygax

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”