Working on a setting

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: TBS Comics

Working on a setting

Post by smarttman »

On a lighter note since MCC is currently under the knife as it were, I thought I'd describe some ideas for the setting I am working on.

It is gonna be a combination of MCC and DCC, and it straddles the line between Appendix N and more modern sources. I'm taking some base ideas from the Degenesis game, mostly by taking the classes and giving them more defined roles as well as kind of swapping Archaic Alignments with setting exclusive cultures. Classes will often cluster together: for example, many Wizards are actively searching for lost knowledge and technology and usually work together as opposed to against each other.

Society is still barbaric outside the cities, but in the cities it is far more medieval. Rare artifacts are still scavenged and found, but most are sold at high prices to armies. Agriculture exists, but the land is still quite dead. The setting would be a post-apocalyptic North America kind of place, dominated by nine cultures

DCC demihumans aren't magical, but more human offshoots. Elves are like eloi - they were clustered away and their bodies withered, but their minds expanded. Their magic is flavored more like psychic powers than magic. Dwarves are like morlocks - vault dwellers who know machinery and the underground. Halflings are going to be a kind of neanderthal missing link - many are nomads and traders, and are quite smart despite their appearance.

Those are just some basics, but I feel like it is promising.

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”