Patron Program help

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: TBS Comics

Patron Program help

Post by smarttman »

So this isn't really a problem in MCC, but DCC as well. So when your Patron gives you a Patron Spell, does the Patron spell have a limited number of uses a day? I know Invoke Patron does, but what about the normal ones? I know it says 'can cast a Patron Spell once a day instead of Invoke Patron' but is it really that limited? And again, this isn't an MCC errata - this same question is in DCC

Basically, can you cast a Patron Spell more than once a day?
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Patron Program help

Post by KJ Obrien »

I'm not sure in MCC, but in DCC, how often you can Invoke Patron is based on the result of the initial Patron Bond spell. The Patron Bond result actually tells you things like "may only cast it once per week" and then what kind of sacrifice or debt the wizard owes the patron.
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

Just looked it up in the MCC pdf. It's the same way as in DCC: The initial Patron AI Bond (p. 192) result will tell you how often your shaman can Invoke Patron.
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

Oh, duh... completely misread your question. You're asking about the actual wetware programs/spells granted by the patron. I'm assuming the spells work the same way they work for Wizards in DCC, since the spell check results are quite similar. A shaman should be able to run a wetware program as many times as they want until they fail the check with a "lost" result.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: TBS Comics

Post by smarttman »

KJ Obrien wrote:Oh, duh... completely misread your question. You're asking about the actual wetware programs/spells granted by the patron. I'm assuming the spells work the same way they work for Wizards in DCC, since the spell check results are quite similar. A shaman should be able to run a wetware program as many times as they want until they fail the check with a "lost" result.
That's what I assumed, and the 'replacement' is an option
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DavetheLost »

According to the results for Patron AI Bond the shaman can invoke other Patron AI wetware (if granted) once per day instead of Invoke Patron AI.

And the knowledge of other Patron AI wetware requires a pretty high roll on Patron Bond. It does seem to limit the shaman's access to wetware considerably. I will have to see shamans in play before I can say whether this is balanced by the power of the wetware programs.

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”