Other equipment?

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Other equipment?

Post by Blood Axe »

Id like to see some other equipment. I guess I can go to DCC for most, but Id like to see some guns. Its very satisfying when your mutant finds a 357 magnum. :wink:
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: TBS Comics

Re: Other equipment?

Post by smarttman »

I think that because the setting is so far future, regular combustion-based guns became obsolete. I think Gamma World only had a slug thrower or two? The most traditional 'gun' is probably the Gauzer. That said, it wouldn't be hard to add your own artifacts in there too
TGMoore
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by TGMoore »

I would like to see additional equipment listed to fill the gap between very powerful artifacts and very lowly stone age technology. A Durasteel knife or machete would allow a median tier between flint knife and plasma sword.

Cobbled together junk armor or more simply a shield made from the superior materials of the ancients does not seem like an amazing leap of technology even for a stone age tribe.

My version of MCC will mix Crawling Under a Broken Moon's vehicle rules and the Firearms rules from CRAWL! #8. With a more Mad Max-esque 1980s Nuclear post apocalypse.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

smarttman wrote:I think that because the setting is so far future, regular combustion-based guns became obsolete. I think Gamma World only had a slug thrower or two? The most traditional 'gun' is probably the Gauzer. That said, it wouldn't be hard to add your own artifacts in there too

At least other equipment. There isnt really anything. Swords and such I guess I can get from DCC. How about muskets? Maybe get some from Mutant Future.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/562 ... rt-version
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

Blood Axe wrote:
smarttman wrote:I think that because the setting is so far future, regular combustion-based guns became obsolete. I think Gamma World only had a slug thrower or two? The most traditional 'gun' is probably the Gauzer. That said, it wouldn't be hard to add your own artifacts in there too

At least other equipment. There isnt really anything. Swords and such I guess I can get from DCC. How about muskets? Maybe get some from Mutant Future.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/562 ... rt-version
The artifacts found in MCC are supposed to be of the super-science variety. Beyond comprehension and essentially "magic". They're supposed to be so foreign that not even we, the real life players/judges, would recognize them if we saw them in real life. So no muskets, AK-47s, pickup trucks, CDs, water bottles, etc. The PCs are of the Stone Age tribal variety. They don't even have access to forged metal - often referring to anything metal as "shiny rock". They call glass "hard air".

You most certainly could pull more traditional post-apoc gear and weaponry from other sources (Mutant Future, Mutant Epoch, etc) for your game, but I don't think that's the feel MCC's creator was going for.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

I think I'll combine my Mutant Future rules with the high tech super science of MCC. Even Gamma World had guns & swords. Mutant Future certainly does. I want mutant explorers to marvel when they find a boom stick ! (double barrelled shotgun!) :D

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”