When?

Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar setting, home to the legendary Fafhrd and Gray Mouser, is the first officially licensed setting for the DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

revshafer
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Amazon

When?

Post by revshafer »

So we just saw the big announcement, just one specific question, "When?" Will this be an order or a kickstarter? Will it take long to get everything done, like the new rule book, or will it be a quick kickstarter like for the holiday module?

Read some of the speculation, just one specific question, "How?" As in, "How is this going to work in DCC? I've heard about luck being used in different ways, and character classes being slightly modified.

Read some of the speculation, just another specific question, "What?" What will be in this game? A boxed set? A series of modules?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: When?

Post by finarvyn »

Michael Curtis is the lead author and he can probably give more specifics, but I've seen a beta of this and the bulk of the rules, etc, seem to be complete and ready to go so I would speculate that it would be one of those fast kickstarts rather than a slow one. The original plan, I believe, was for a boxed set and the total content of the thing will be based on how high up the kickstart ladder funding goes. Having lived through a couple Metamorphosis Alpha and MCC kickstarts I can guess that this will be as big as those and so I would anticipate all sorts of goodies by the end of the thing.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

i hope for early january kickstarter.
TheDiceMustRoll
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Quantum Games

[deleted]

Post by TheDiceMustRoll »

[deleted]
Last edited by TheDiceMustRoll on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

TheDiceMustRoll wrote:
finarvyn wrote:Michael Curtis is the lead author and he can probably give more specifics, but I've seen a beta of this and the bulk of the rules, etc, seem to be complete and ready to go so I would speculate that it would be one of those fast kickstarts rather than a slow one. The original plan, I believe, was for a boxed set and the total content of the thing will be based on how high up the kickstart ladder funding goes. Having lived through a couple Metamorphosis Alpha and MCC kickstarts I can guess that this will be as big as those and so I would anticipate all sorts of goodies by the end of the thing.

How the <b>f*ck</b> is luck used differently? Just tell me. Please.
you can have the inkling of that if you check dccL pre-gens for 2016 free rpg day module.

http://goodman-games.com/blog/2016/06/1 ... haracters/
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

TheDiceMustRoll wrote:
finarvyn wrote:Michael Curtis is the lead author and he can probably give more specifics, but I've seen a beta of this and the bulk of the rules, etc, seem to be complete and ready to go so I would speculate that it would be one of those fast kickstarts rather than a slow one. The original plan, I believe, was for a boxed set and the total content of the thing will be based on how high up the kickstart ladder funding goes. Having lived through a couple Metamorphosis Alpha and MCC kickstarts I can guess that this will be as big as those and so I would anticipate all sorts of goodies by the end of the thing.
How the <b>f*ck</b> is luck used differently? Just tell me. Please.
Sorry, but I'm not sure that it's my secret to share. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
bat
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bat »

nethru
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: none

Post by nethru »

I noticed on those pre-gens that each character has what appears to be some kind of Perk and Complication (bonus/negative). Are those used in any other DCC settings or is this Lankhmar specific?
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

nethru wrote:I noticed on those pre-gens that each character has what appears to be some kind of Perk and Complication (bonus/negative). Are those used in any other DCC settings or is this Lankhmar specific?
They are a new feature we've incorporated into DCC Lankhmar for judges and players who want to run a "literary style" campaign (one that better replicates Leiber's stories). They are similar to the birth augurs in DCC, but grant anything from minor to major advantages as well as disadvantages.
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
nethru
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: none

Post by nethru »

Nice! I always liked those type of advantage/disadvantages in other game systems. Hopefully we can see a preview for those who backed getting ready to run some DCCL!
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

nethru wrote:Nice! I always liked those type of advantage/disadvantages in other game systems. Hopefully we can see a preview for those who backed getting ready to run some DCCL!
right now i would climb stardock for some kind of quick start rules and/or character creation.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

on somewhat more serious note - some artless quickstart bundle including character creation specifics for DCCL and some vital rules would be nice for backers. i have been eager to start DCCL campaign as soon as i read about it. now we have two adventures (masks and madhouse) and two supplements (general one and patrons) as fuel some chrome-less engine would be also nice in order to hit the ground running.
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

The best place to let your wants and desires known is on the Kickstarter page itself. All the comments get read by those in the position to address them and perhaps comply with your wishes. It's noted here, but a response for either yay or nay is far more likely by posting over there. No promises, but Goodman is always listening to the fans and taking them into any decisions down the line.
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

thanks mr. curtis!

Return to “DCC Lankhmar”