Goodman Games
http://goodman-games.com/forums/

Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign
http://goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=48110
Page 4 of 23

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Let's give Soulcatcher and Gnomeboy a chance to post before we do the next update; I have a guest over so it works out better for me this way too.

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

My group will follow down the left path if that is the consensus. Same marching order as before.

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Kelven is not keen to venture into the unknown underground given a lack of equipment for it... Toby is inclined to follow Kelven and Lucius won't disobey Kelven (...yet).

Unless Jingles has something more positive to report, Kelven insists that the tunnel is the right way to go. Stinky Pete snorts and spits, but doesn't counter him.

Kelven also nominates Lucius to go first, citing the dagger as an excuse.

[So that's where my Zeroes will go, unless everyone is venturing down the drain or something else interrupts the situation.]

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Update 8

The party makes their way through the rubble of the left-hand (western) corridor, and up a short stairway. At the top of the stairway the corridor expands into a strange chamber with grey metallic walls. The room forms a 40x20 rectangle, stretching long into the darkness. There are alien symbols etched in gold along the walls. In the center of the room is a sort of console with levers attached to it. To the immediate north of the console is a slightly raised platform, with additional alien script running along its base. The wall on the northern side of the room is broken up into horizontal panels.


I have a picture of the console from the module I can post when I get home from work.

What will the party do?

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Qort: Uh, looks like a dead end. I guess we should go back to the drain?

Nurzual: Let's examine those panels first. Perhaps one is a door, or they could be broken through to reveal a passage beyond.


Nurzual and Brandybland go over to the north wall to check out the panels, testing whether they seem movable or hollow with space behind.

Jingles has a look at the console to see if it might hold anything of value.

Qort remains by the door to the stairway, dubious that the room is a way out.

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Bilgewriggler, let's have Qort roll two separate 1d3 rolls! Your drink is taking effect now!

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Sinky Pete wanders over to the panels to get a closer look and maybe run a hand over them.

Toby knows some of the ancient words of Chaos, as well as a smattering of Hobgoblin -- the "alien" writing doesn't happen to resemble either of those, does it...?

"Sir" Kelven steps up on the raised platform, assured that a raised position is his right and true place.

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Image


As you can see, there are six levers on the console.

I'm diverging a bit here from the official description, so pretend that brick is metal :).

Toby, knowing some of the Chaos script, would find that this script is contains nothing in common with it. You consider that this language may belong to a strongly Lawful-aligned race.

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Qort rolls a 3 and a 3. His intelligence check to see if he associates whatever happens with the stuff he drank: 2-1=1.

Jingles will look from the console to the north wall to see if maybe there are seven panels to match the levers.

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Just to clarify, I'm not seeing 7 levers in the picture. I see 6 levers and two wheels/turn knobs. Am I losing it?

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Quick clarification!

Blackthorn is right, there are six levers. Your Judge forgot how to count ;) .

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Waiting on input from Blackthorn and Soulcatcher (if they're still playing).

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Kettering barges past those asymbled around the levers and says "it's always the middle ones" as he pushed the two middle levers to the up position.

duke, Liebgott, Thelonious, and blackthorn look on in horror.

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Does Pete notice anything about the horizontal panels on the north wall? He's running a hand over them, pushing on them, etc.

It's okay if you want to wait to reply, I just wasn't sure if his action had gotten picked up...

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Don't worry. Your action got picked up. I was waiting because I figured someone may have done something to cause those panels to change while you were looking at them :).

If I lose track of anyone please let me know.

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Update 9

Stinky Pete hears a rumbling beyond the wall as Kettering throws the middle two switches. You're unsure what you did, but you certainly proved to yourself that the console is still active. Sir Kelven must feel a tinge of anxiety at standing on the platform after hearing that sound.

It's clear to Jingles now that the panels do not match up to the levers, but maybe some combination of lever switching does?

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Kettering looks at the machinery incredulously, "Obviously broken" and moves to the panels on the wall, putting his ear to each one and knocking with the base of his fake spear.

Duke "Did anyone else hear that? What does this thing do?"

Blackthorn "Is there a chance these knobs at the bottom play a role?"

Liebgott checks the edge on his flint spearhead with his thumb and waits for a chance to kill something.

Thelonious Squints one eye and peers sidelong at Leibgott's Cow, "How much you want for that beast?"

(Anyone have an idea here?)

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

A couple questions before I get to this turn:

1) Did Nurzual and Brandybland learn anything from investigating the panels last turn?
2) What (if anything) did Qort feel upon rolling those 3s?

Jingles will make sure all levers are fully up, then turn the left-hand wheel at the bottom. If that produces no effect other than the grinding sounds, she will turn the right-hand wheel. She'll continue methodically experimenting with lever and wheel combinations until the situation changes.

The actions of my other characters depend on the results of the questions above.

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Judge Blackthorn wrote:
Kettering looks at the machinery incredulously, "Obviously broken" and moves to the panels on the wall, putting his ear to each one and knocking with the base of his fake spear.


:D

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Bilgewriggler wrote:
A couple questions before I get to this turn:

1) Did Nurzual and Brandybland learn anything from investigating the panels last turn?
2) What (if anything) did Qort feel upon rolling those 3s?

Jingles will make sure all levers are fully up, then turn the left-hand wheel at the bottom. If that produces no effect other than the grinding sounds, she will turn the right-hand wheel. She'll continue methodically experimenting with lever and wheel combinations until the situation changes.

The actions of my other characters depend on the results of the questions above.



Since Qort rolled a 1 in trying to match any new feelings with the milk he drank, he doesn't notice anything right away. We'll deal with those 3's if Qort ends up using any attributes related to them.

Since your party members are from a variety of locations, if anyone is from Earth, the panels remind you of a large garage door. Otherwise, it's very apparent that something is happening on the other side. Whether that is good or bad is unknown yet.

Oh my god. Jingles did it all. The next update gon go crazy.

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Blackthorn eyes Jingles "this could get interesting" he readies his sword.

Duke hides behind Blackthorn.

Leibgott notices Blackthorn's response to Jingles' meddling and readies his spear, "Gertrude's not for sale, kid"

Thelonious "Kid?! The hell you say!" Trains his spear on Leibgot.

Kettering oblivious to all this moves on to tapping and listening at the next tile.

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

If the "something" sounds like arena noises right on the other side of the panels, Nurzual will warn Jingles to desist: Stop! Stop! I think the carnage is right behind these panels! If it just sounds like machinery grinding/turning, he'll urge Brandybland to step back, and they'll both get 10' or so away from that wall.

Jingles would stop fiddling with the controls if alerted that it might open the room up to something dangerous.

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Kelven waits not-patiently for a moment when no one is looking his way and silently steps down from the platform, taking a place near one corner away from the "action".

Pete keeps exploring, seeing if the rumbling is reacting to his tapping and nudging or not.

Is it a metallic rumble, animal rumble, cart wheels on dirt rumble, or what...?

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

Update 10

The panels rise up into the ceiling as Jingles finagles with the levers. In a moment you find yourself facing the harsh, blood-stained sands of the arena. Over one hundred gladiators of various races are fighting to survive as the massive circle is surrounded by cheering Kith. You notice a series of pits opening and closing, and spiked walls smashing against each other. Perhaps in messing with the levers, you were killing strangers out of sight?

Many warriors look up to you, confused, wondering if perhaps you have opened the way out. In the haze of their bloodlust, a crowd begins to surge your way, up a stone ramp, and towards the chamber.

In the fore of the group is a band of three Kith with holy symbols carved into their bare chests. They wield flint spears and ritual masks. They shriek with righteous rage and storm the ramp.

As Kelven steps off the platform, you hear the grating of stone-on-stone below you. The platform begins to descend into the darkness at a slow and measured pace.


What will the party do?

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Possible Campaign

My reading of the action to date puts us arranged in the room as follows:

Kettering, Stinky Pete right at the panels.

Nurzual, Brandybland, about 10 feet back from the panels.

Toby examining the runes on the platform

Jingles at the console.

Blackthorn, Liebgott, Thelonius, Duke positioned not far from the console because they were observing Jingles operate it.

Kelven in a back corner.

Qort by the door.

I didn't see any indication of where Havarth and Lucius are.

I believe there's only one lit torch, which Blackthorn at one point stated he picked up. Judge TerraGoetia said the party tried to give Jingles the torch to take into the drain, but she refused it in order to use her infravision instead. So I think Blackthorn has our only light source (aside from the light from the newly open north wall).

Page 4 of 23 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/