Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by GnomeBoy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Lucius, with his green stone in hand, will step onto the pedestal. "Maybe if we just hold them, it'll work?"

He braces for an electrical shock (not that bracing will do him any good).
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
FLGS: -
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am

...meanwhile, within the castle of the ship...
Arvis will try to smash the glass of one of the sleeping tubes with his club:
Att=15, dmg=3
Beega (presumably) finds his way into the chamber.

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Arvis smashes the glass, breaking the stasis machine. As the machine powers off, the Ythothian inside begins to defrost, slowly.

I politely remind the group of the impression inside the castle floor that you placed greenstones into, and how that powered the ship's lights and shields (until the eye beasts blasted your ship). Perhaps there is a connection between the pedestal and the ship's power.

Qort's prayers are answered with a miracle: the milky liquid has completely vanished from your drinking skin. You hope your divine master enjoyed the beverage!


Please Continue

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Relevant quotes from the past:

"There is a definite magical-electrical flow coming from the impression in the castle floor. If you had something attuned to the ancient technology, perhaps you could do something with it."

"As Lucius passes the greenstone through the energy field, he experiences a mild shock. A compartment opens in the floor, in the center of the indentation. Duke realizes that the indentation is too large for the greenstone to fit in normally; a bigger sample will be needed to fill the compartment. Though maybe the smaller stones you have can be wedged in there. As the others are speculating over the meaning of this, Qort bumps into Lucius and knocks the greenstone out of his hands, into the compartment.

Lights flicker throughout the castle, and a dim energy shield flashes around the ship."

I'm having trouble finding exact quotes, but I believe TWO greenstones are currently in that compartment, and a THIRD was in the non-functional Death Ray.

Bilgewriggler
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Bilgewriggler » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 am

Elated by this clear deific response, Qort immediately attempts to cast Detect Magic again. His modified roll of 10 produces no results from the spell. Pensive and morose, he ponders the situation.

Qort: "Maybe Besfrendedil wasn't accepting my offering. maybe he was just thirsty."

Qort puzzles over where he might find more liquids for his parched deity.

Nurzual sees the ruined mess of the broken stasis tube and decides he's running out of time. He presses the third buttpn from the upper left.

Brandybland asks Blackthorn, "What did you do to get that zappermacallit working? Maybe the same thing would work here?"
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger

User avatar
Judge Blackthorn
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Judge Blackthorn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Duke, goes from rapt anticipation to let down as she realizes that watching the creature unthaw will be about as fun as watching paint dry, and wanders on to deck,

Blackthorn looks back and forth a few times from the "castle" to the pedestal. Then tries to test it's weight, how heavy is this thing? Guys, could we move this on top of the... Green... Thing... Receptacle? should we? Would that do anything? Or maybe one just needs to be close to it... he removed the stone from the death Ray and tries to wave it over the pedastal like the knob on an invisible joystick.

Just as boring out here says Duke, helpfully.
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart

User avatar
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
FLGS: -
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Arvis, poised to deliver a coup de grace to the xenopopsicle, turns back at the sound of Duke's voice to see her leave the room. He hesitates, shooting Nurzual a confused look and quizical grunt, then raises the weapon again to slay the slumbering demon.
(i.e. if any object- interject! :mrgreen: )

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by GnomeBoy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 am

"Absolutely, let's try moving it - it certainly doesn't look like it was meant to just sit here," says Harvath.

Lucius and Toby pitch in.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Updating tomorrow after work. Sorry for delays.

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Next Round

Arvis slays the frozen Ythothian, with no resistance from the being itself or the party.

Blackthorn realizes nothing happens when he waves his stone at the pedestal. Lucius, Toby, and Blackthorn are able to lift the stone pedestal together. They carry it to the indentation and drop it in place. The pedestal emits a soft, blue glow from its inner ring.

Qort realizes he has not yet satisfied his deity's hunger for worship. Maybe he can find something else to offer?

Nurzual senses that pressing the third rune is increasing the heat of the tubes. Perhaps using this will help thaw the surviving crew?


Please let me know if I've captured all actions. I've been very busy with work and projects lately and I'm trying to pay attention to detail here.
What will you do?

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by GnomeBoy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:14 am

Biting his lip with trepidation, Toby steps onto the pedestal, to see if he can guide the ship, or get any insight about the ship or it's surroundings...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
FLGS: -
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Arvis considers the smashed Ythothian a moment with dissatisfaction, then he moves dutifully to another tube with clear intent.
Beega enters, looking from his packmate to the cryotubes, shouting:
'Arvis?! DEMONS!!!
He draws his spear

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

Bilgewriggler
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Bilgewriggler » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:09 am

Nurzual says, in Planetary Common, "What if we wait a dash longer before we kill more of the 'demons?'"

Brandybland will step onto the pedestal.

Qort tries to think what other liquid might be available to slake his deity's thirst. "Well ... there's pee, but that's a bit ick. Oh, blood! Only I'd rather keep that in me."
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger

User avatar
Judge Blackthorn
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Judge Blackthorn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 am

Blackthorn will watch the results of others using the pedestal ready to offer help if needed. Duke is watching the planet quickly grow in the sky and yawns.
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Next Round
Brandybland and Toby step onto the pedestal of worlds. Now that it is in its correct position, it seems to be working.

Brandybland and Toby lose an awareness of themselves, and instead take on the awareness of the ship. They feel its hull as if it were their own bodies, and sense the environment around them as if they were seeing from the castle of the ship itself. You both feel tired, as if you haven't eaten in days. Your side, where the Eye Beast ship's beam had struck, feels sore and bruised.

With the two of you on the pedestal, it seems you'll have to work together to guide the ship.

Nurzual tries to talk the Kith out of killing the surviving Ythothians, who are starting to thaw at a more rapid pace. You think you hear a wheezing sound from one of the tubes.

Duke sees the planetary surface come into closer focus. You see a great plain, what looks like a forest, a darkened city and... a dot. That dot catches your attention, and you think back to the strange vision you had.

Qort's crisis of faith continues to consume him. In this time of crisis, how should he grow his bond with the deity?


What Will You Do?

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by GnomeBoy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 pm

Toby makes a great effort to will himself (the ship) away from the Purple Planet AND away from the Eye Beast's ship, aiming for "up" away from both.

Out of curiosity, what does everyone see happening to Toby and Brandybland? Are they just standing there in a blank-faced stupor...?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:38 pm

GnomeBoy wrote: Out of curiosity, what does everyone see happening to Toby and Brandybland? Are they just standing there in a blank-faced stupor...?
Yup.

User avatar
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
FLGS: -
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:31 am

Arvis looks quizzically at Nurzual as he lowers his weapon:
"Hvað ef við wait þangað lengur áður en við kill meira af demons? Yes ... en Dammit-Duke said að kill þá...yes?

Beega shrugs and rummages through the ruin of the sleeping tube and its occupant for trinkets/trophies

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

User avatar
Judge Blackthorn
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Judge Blackthorn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

"House Memniscene" Duke says, trance-like, as she stands and peers at the black dot on the surface. She steps towards the pedetals and leans in to the blank faced pilots, "the dark spot, just there in the surface, it's... Some sort of ziggurat, and home to many clock work deamons... Plot carefully, my pilots."

Blackthorn looks at Duke more surprised that she is both contributing and being serious than the fact that she inexplicably seems to have geographical insight to this strange world. He peers at the landscape for himself, "then, where DO we go? The people of this orb don't seem particularly hospitable..." He is reminded of the Grizzlynargle warriors in their own group and after a quick head count decideds it might be prudent to Jon them in their "inspection" of the demons.
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart

Bilgewriggler
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Bilgewriggler » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:11 pm

If Brandybland has a sense of the intentions of her copilot, she will attempt to cooperate with his direction. Otherwise she’ll attempt to speak or otherwise communicate with him to figure out what they should do.

Qort decided that perhaps the frozen aliens or the zombiemechs might have some blood he could offer up to his deity. He returns to the castle to see.

Nurzual moves to one of the warming tubes to see what he can discern about the progress of the creatures’ revival. He tries to tell Arvis in Planetary Common, “Let’s wait just a bit and see what happens before killing any more ... what do you say?”
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger

User avatar
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
FLGS: -
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Arvis nods to the wizard:
Yes, probably
...and gives a gruesome smile that shows far too many fangs to be comforting. His weapon remains low but ready.
Beega continues his search, pausing to check the Ythothian head/face for suitability for the battle standard

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Next Turn

There is a gasping sound from one of the tubes. A Ythothian man moves sluggishly, confused and half-awake.
"Ehhhgh?" He mumbles. He doesn't yet see the Kith rummaging through the belongings of the dead.

Searching the remains of the Ythothian you killed, you find a pendant.

Brandybland and Toby feel as if there isn't much time to guide the ship somewhere before it loses power. They should make a decision soon!

Qort finds that the dead cyber-zombies have a sort of clear liquid running through their bodies, not blood.

Please Continue

User avatar
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
Posts: 3744
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
FLGS: Bizarro World
Location: Left Coast, USA
Contact:

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by GnomeBoy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Toby remembers making tiny boats out of leaves as a boy and sailing them on streams.

He attempts to angle the ship so it can sail in the air of the planet, rather than crash nose-down into the ground...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com

Kuruz, Mendicant, N • AC 8, 4 hp • R-1, F0, W0 • S9 A8 S9 P11 I16 L8
Zend, Grave Digger, L • AC 9, 3 hp • R-1, F0, W1 • S14 A6 S9 P13 I13 L6
Mercer, Outlaw, N • AC 12, 2 hp • R0, F-1, W1 • S7 A9 S6 P13 I8 L13
Dejah, Ropemaker, C • AC 10, 2 hp • R0, F1, W-1 • S8 A12 S15 P7 I11 L7

Bilgewriggler
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by Bilgewriggler » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Do Brandybland and Toby have an ability to communicate or a sense of each other’s intentions?
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger

User avatar
TerraGoetia
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Location: Maryland

Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Post by TerraGoetia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Bilgewriggler wrote:Do Brandybland and Toby have an ability to communicate or a sense of each other’s intentions?
They can sense each other's intentions while standing on the pedestal together.

Post Reply

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”