Goodman Games
http://goodman-games.com/forums/

Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign
http://goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=48110
Page 7 of 23

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Kelvin and Toby can roll damage.

The platform is still going down. No destination in sight yet!

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Blackthorn wastes no time grabbing Thelonious's coin purse, Leibgott's flint and steel and Kettering's torch, putting them into his backpack. He then attempts to carefully lower himself onto the platform by hanging by his hands from the edge and sliding down the wall the final feet.

Duke will attempt to stay clear of the final Kith and help guide/help Blackthorn down as well as she can without hurting herself.

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Jingles swipes at the Kith with her wooden longsword again: natural 20! Her crit roll is 1, +1d3 opportunistic damage. d8 = 8, d3 = 2 for a total of 10 damage!

Nurzual swings his backpack again if the Kith hasn't gone down yet. He rolls a 2.

Brandybland jabs with her wooden spear: 17! d8 = 6.

Qort has been hanging inside the drain hole. When he hears the singing sound, he looks down to see if he can see anything. When he hears the 4-legged creature, he attempts a strength check to pull himself up enough to peek over the rim of the hole. He rolls a 16. If one of the rolls from the Kith drink he took earlier modified his strength, that becomes a 17. Seeing the injured beast, he rolls an intelligence check to determine whether its bared teeth register as threatening to him. d20 roll is 2 modified by intelligence is 1. If this result leads him to believe that the creature is non-threatening, he attempts to climb out and see if he can help it by offering it some of the Kith drink. (He's a healer, after all.)

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Laughing at the misadventures of Qort.

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Laugh while the laughing's good! Who knows how much longer he's got ... :lol:

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

We don't know where this platform is going. He might outlive all of us.

Author:  Fenris Ulfhamr [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

You guys still looking for one more? (TerraGoetia, check your PMs!) :mrgreen:

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Hey! Sorry, I hardly notice the PM message indicator.

There's absolutely room for more. I had them start with 5 zeroes, either from the core rulebook or Kith from the Purple Planet material. If you wanted to make Kith but don't have the book, I can help you with that.

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
You guys still looking for one more? (TerraGoetia, check your PMs!) :mrgreen:


Woohoo! Reinforcements!

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Judge Blackthorn wrote:

Woohoo! Reinforcements!


Seconded!

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Combat Round 4
Order: Kith, Bilgewiggler, Judge Blackthorn, Gnomeboy

Lashing out at a random party member within reach, the Kith on the platform swings his dagger furiously!
To-Hit: 11 + 2 = 13.
Damage: 3+2 = 5.

The curved dagger strikes Harveth in the temple, sending him to oblivion.

Jingles, Brandybland, Kelven and Toby take their revenge, bashing and battering the Kith to a pulp.
He drops a curved steel dagger with strange symbols on it, as well as a pouch.

Duke is able to help her looting friend get onto the platform, which begs the storyteller to wonder where the torch went in all that fighting.

Qort doesn't see anything in the dark below him, but the voice is beautiful. It brings to mind young, carefree maidens.
Qort finds himself much stronger than usual! The milky drink's properties are now more fully understood (+1d3 strength for 12 hours, +1d3 agility for 12 hours, ...?)
Oh god he rolled a 1.

The spined wolf is definitely hurt, but maybe you can help it? You offer some of your drink to the animal.
It approaches, baring its tongue and gums as its lips pull back more fully.


The death of the final kith ends combat, so we're back in regular time.
What will the party do?

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Jingles uses her infravision to have a close look at the walls of the shaft through which the platform is descending.

Nurzual will have a look inside the Kith's pouch.

Qort cups one hand and pours a bit of the milky liquid into his palm to hold out to the wolfupine. The sounds of the female voice singing provide him a sense of greater comfort, a sign that not all is terrible and violent in this strange place.

(By the way, you had Qort roll 2 d3 rolls back on page 4, and both came up 3.)

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Yeah, it's a +3 to strength and agility since you rolled two 3's. Sorry about that!

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Blackthorn uses the flint and steel to light his torch then hands it to Duke, Here, do something useful

Duke mimes laughing an exaggerated sarcastic Har Har Har, but grudgingly holds the torch for the party.

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Waiting for Gnomeboy so that everyone's had a chance to act. Then I'll post the update!

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

Update 12

I wanted Gnomeboy to get a chance to respond, but "Ride the elevator down and do nothing" is a valid action for last round anyway.

The platform descends 40 feet before stopping in a medium-sized room. In the dim chamber, you see six mannequins, armed and armored with the stylish gladiator gear a people long gone past. You must have discovered a disused and forgotten sublevel to the arena. The air down here is surprisingly fresh; perhaps there is a way to the surface hidden in these forgotten halls?

Above you, you hear the chaotic echos of a desperate stampede, followed closely by the whooping and hollering of blood-crazed Kith. Trying to go back up would be suicide.

Nurzual opens the kith's pouch and finds a shard of strange green stone.

Qort feeds the liquid to the Strekleon, which seems to grow recover quickly from its fear. You hear the sounds of chaos coming from the collapsed hallway to the west (where the party was); having not seen them leave, they must be either dead or gone. The Strekleon is fearful of the noise. Maybe you've made a friend?


The mannequins are equipped with:
2 suits Gladiator Chainmail
3 suits Gladiator Scalemail
1 suit Gladiator Hide Armor (in the gladiator style, not made of gladiators!)

3 Gladiator Two-Handed Swords
2 Gladiator Great Glaives (polearms)
1 Gladiator Battleaxe.

The gear is stylish, offering one less point of protection than usual, but one less point of check penalty; the weapons are all two-handed, but have no modifiers.

What will the party do?

(EDIT: There is an exit to the south, sorry)

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign (ACCEPTING ONE NEW PLAYER

NOTE: We are no longer accepting new players, as we now have five new zeroes coming in from Fenris Ulfhamr.

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

This is to help get Fenris into the game:

Kith Turn 1
Your characters had been fighting to the glorious death in the arena of Rh'ick-Uol, a sacred site to your people. But this battle was different from ones in the past. The traps seemed to operate as if by some sinister purpose. Your five have fallen down these traps, down sandy ramps, and into a dark, sand-filled chamber. You hear the sweet sound of a woman's singing in the darkness, and instinctively you are filled with dread. The room opens to the south, where it is pitch-black. You hear the commotion of another group, the sound diminished by the sandstone walls. You don't understand their strange tongue, nor how they would have gotten down to this forgotten place.

Maybe they have light. Maybe they have a way out.


What will you do?

Author:  Fenris Ulfhamr [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

The small knot of kith huddle back to back, weapons drawn before them defensively. A smallish specimen (Darag) cloaked in the skin taken from a foe, sneaks forward to get an idea of how many beings approach. A burly male (Arvis) grunts a cautionary tone to her and follows at a short distance with the others, weapons ready.

Darag's magnificent sneaking in the dark: AGI=2

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Jingles' diminutive size suppresses any enthusiasm she might have had about discovering actual armor and weapons.

Brandybland shucks her ill-fitting leather scraps and dons one of the suits of chainmail. She'll also grab a glaive, thinking it looks like a powerful weapon but not as dangerous to wield as a 2-handed sword.

Nurzual enthusiastically examines the shard of strange stone, using his jeweler's eye to espy any noteworthy properties or special value the material might have. He rolls a skill check of 18, plus 1 for intelligence is 19 total.

He'll relay any findings to the group: Friends! Draw near and see the fascinating discovery I've made!

Qort tries to urge his new animal friend toward the drain hole, it being the only seeming avenue of escape. If the creature balks, he will tentatively try picking it up to carry it with his newfound strength, trying to be careful of its quills. If he can get the creature to dive through the aperture, he will then hang down within the opening and wait for it to sound like the spiny beast has swum out of the way.

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Blackthorn surveys the items and selects a set of chain and scale mail a two handed sword and a battle axe for duke and himself.

Duke says wow, your going to look so handsome in that chain mail!

Blackthorn nice try, hands her the chain mail and the battle axe.

They begin putting armor on, each convinced that they have gotten the better of the other.

Author:  Bilgewriggler [ Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Why is it that despite her excellent spellcasting stats, I have this sneaking suspicion Duke may level up as a thief if we ever hit 10 xp?

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Sorry about the absence! I guess that A+ is no longer possible... :|

Lucius wonders if the Strange Stone is anything like his Strange Rock, and wanders over to Nurzual to compare notes... [An Int check for him comes up as a nat 1] :mrgreen:

Kelven struggles into a suit of scalemail, complaining about it's fit the whole time. Havarth describes the exact way to angle his foot to get the boot to slide on easily, which it then does, once Kelven relents.

Toby also dons a suit of scale, while Havarth holds the hide armor until Lucius is done consulting, telling Lucius that he is more worthy of it than himself. "This wound in my gut may mean I wouldn't get full use of it in any case..."

Havarth takes a Glaive, favoring the reach. Kelven and Lucius will take swords.

Toby will examine the exit to the south, whether it is door, passage, or chute.

Author:  Judge Blackthorn [ Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Bilgewriggler wrote:
Why is it that despite her excellent spellcasting stats, I have this sneaking suspicion Duke may level up as a thief if we ever hit 10 xp?


Naw, those stats are to juicy to pass up. The +1 to spell damage is the icing on the cake. Which means she will probably be dead soon. If she survives she will be one conniving, dangerous sorceress.

Author:  TerraGoetia [ Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Purple Planet Funnel, Campaign

Update 13

Lucius discovers that the strange stone and the strange rock are indeed from similar specimens. They are both a lustrous, green stone with sharp, crystalline edges. You sense that these stones must have some practical importance to the Kith--why else would the creature have carried one into the arena? The "strange rock" that Lucius was carrying by comparison has some scratches on two opposite sides, as if it had been slid in and out of some crevasse or device.

The party equips itself as described.

The exit to the south is an open passage into a hallway that bends to the left (east). Toby cannot see down the hallway without peering around the corner or stepping out. You hear heavy, awkward footsteps plodding along in the distance.

Qort is unable to pick up the Strekleon without protective gear, or suffering damage from its deadly spines. However, once it hears sounds of violence coming down the hallway, ever closer, it does not need convincing to take the jump. You hear a loud splash below, and the singing you heard earlier stops.


What will the party do?

Kith Turn 2
Your pack feels more comfortable in close formation. Anything that dare attack you would face a formidable opponent! You hear the scraping sounds of Darag's feet as he leaves the sandy floor of the pit trap and touches the sandstone floor.

You hear the yelp of a Strekleon (wolflike native of the Purple Planet with porcupine-like spines; often domesticated by your people) and a loud spash echo down the hallway; from the south exit of your room, it sounds from the left (east). The humanoid voices are from the same hallway, but on the right (west).


What will you do?

Page 7 of 23 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/