Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry - 0-level funnel!

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

dimonic
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Burdin's Comics

Re: Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry - 0-level funnel!

Post by dimonic »

Judge Perky wrote:Slobo makes it to the other side, carefully but easily.

When he does, he notices footprints in the muck heading to the left and the door that you all spied from the other side.

At the same time, he, and the rest of you hear a faint whisper -- "Help me.." -- that rises from the dark depths of the canyon below you.
Shanaseriel peers down into the crevasse, her elven eyes luminous in the flicking torchlight as she strains to see the source of the plea.

d20 = 17 (she has heightened senses and infravision - I don't know what to add).
Aloysius Penderghast, L, Herbalist, S15, A9, Sm9, P14, I15, L9, AC10, HP4, Club +1 1d4+1, Init 0, R 0, F 0, W 1, 1d Rations, Herbs, flint & steel, 10 ft pole, 2 torches, large sack, Com +1

"Slim Jim" Finlayson, N, Outlaw, S10, A16, Sm11, P10, I8, L11, AC 14, HP 4, Short sword +0 1d6, Init 2, R 2, F 0, W, 0, Iron spike, Leather armor, torch, small sack, 1d rations, Resisted temptation (Willpower saving throws), Com

Shanaseriel Tremientalo, C, Elven navigator, S5, A10, Sm15, P14, I10, L9, AC 10, HP 5, Shortbow +0 (1d6), Init 0, R 0, F 1, W 1, Flask, Spyglass, 1d rations, Charmed house (Armor Class), Com Elven, Heightened senses, iron vulnerability, Infravision

Slobo Underhill, N, Halfling vagrant, S11, A17, Sm13, P16, I11, L14, AC 12, HP 4, Club +0 (1d4), Init 2, R 3, F 1, W 2, Chain 10', Begging bowl, Struck by lightning (Reflex saving throws) (+1), Com Halfling, Infravision
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
FLGS: The Compleat Strategist

Post by Judge Perky »

dimonic wrote:Shanaseriel peers down into the crevasse, her elven eyes luminous in the flicking torchlight as she strains to see the source of the plea.
The crevasse is very dark, but she sees something lying at the bottom about 30' down that she believes could be a person's prone body.

The whispered plea-- "Help me..." -- continues.
*Jonathan*

“You should laugh every moment you live, for you'll find it decidedly difficult afterwards.” ― Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold
michaelsandar
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: the Griffon

Post by michaelsandar »

Judge Perky wrote:
dimonic wrote:Shanaseriel peers down into the crevasse, her elven eyes luminous in the flicking torchlight as she strains to see the source of the plea.
The crevasse is very dark, but she sees something lying at the bottom about 30' down that she believes could be a person's prone body.

Does the voice sound male or female? Percival will move up next to Shanaseriel and whisper, "Can you tell if it's Halfling size, or bigger?"
PERCIVAL, N, Halfling dyer, S12, A10, S9, P13, I6, L11 (previously 12), AC10, HP2, Staff +0 1d4, hand axe, Init 0, R0, F0, W+1, Small sack, 3 yards fabric, 10' chain, torch, Righteous heart (Turn unholy checks), Com

EIBUR, C, Potato Farmer, deceased
SILAS, L, Ostler, deceased
dimonic
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dimonic »

michaelsandar wrote:
Judge Perky wrote:

Does the voice sound male or female? Percival will move up next to Shanaseriel and whisper, "Can you tell if it's Halfling size, or bigger?"
Thinking ahead (says Aloysius), we should lower someone light at the end of a rope to investigate. Jim and I can hold the rope.
Aloysius Penderghast, L, Herbalist, S15, A9, Sm9, P14, I15, L9, AC10, HP4, Club +1 1d4+1, Init 0, R 0, F 0, W 1, 1d Rations, Herbs, flint & steel, 10 ft pole, 2 torches, large sack, Com +1

"Slim Jim" Finlayson, N, Outlaw, S10, A16, Sm11, P10, I8, L11, AC 14, HP 4, Short sword +0 1d6, Init 2, R 2, F 0, W, 0, Iron spike, Leather armor, torch, small sack, 1d rations, Resisted temptation (Willpower saving throws), Com

Shanaseriel Tremientalo, C, Elven navigator, S5, A10, Sm15, P14, I10, L9, AC 10, HP 5, Shortbow +0 (1d6), Init 0, R 0, F 1, W 1, Flask, Spyglass, 1d rations, Charmed house (Armor Class), Com Elven, Heightened senses, iron vulnerability, Infravision

Slobo Underhill, N, Halfling vagrant, S11, A17, Sm13, P16, I11, L14, AC 12, HP 4, Club +0 (1d4), Init 2, R 3, F 1, W 2, Chain 10', Begging bowl, Struck by lightning (Reflex saving throws) (+1), Com Halfling, Infravision
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

michaelsandar wrote:Does the voice sound male or female? Percival will move up next to Shanaseriel and whisper, "Can you tell if it's Halfling size, or bigger?"
Hard to say with whispers, but if you had to guess you'd say male.

On the size, again not clear. The body, if that's what it is, is wearing loose robes that hide its size at this distance and lighting.
*Jonathan*

“You should laugh every moment you live, for you'll find it decidedly difficult afterwards.” ― Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

The moments tick away as the party stands in quiet indecision.
*Jonathan*

dimonic
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dimonic »

Judge Perky wrote:The moments tick away as the party stands in quiet indecision.
Surprising herself, the lightweight Shanaseriel volunteers, and she is roped up and gingerly abseils down towards the ledge.

d20 agility check: 2

Doh, Shanaseriel loses her footing and lets go a shriek as she lurches downwards until the slack in the rope runs out.

Aloysius and Jim brace for the jerk:

d20 Strength checks:
Jim: 13.
Aloysius: 11 + 1?

Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

dimonic wrote:Doh, Shanaseriel loses her footing and lets go a shriek as she lurches downwards until the slack in the rope runs out.

Aloysius and Jim brace for the jerk:

d20 Strength checks:
Jim: 13.
Aloysius: 11 + 1?
They are able to arrest her fall, and with the exception of some rope burn she's lowered safely to the bottom.

The chasm is dark, but she is able to see the body... examining it she sees that it is a broken form of a long dead man in wizardly robes. He is still wearing a small leather carrying bag.

As for the mystery of how this desiccated body could have been calling out... a moment later, the whisper "Help me" emanates-not from the body-but from a small branch lying a few yards away from the body!
*Jonathan*

dimonic
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dimonic »

Judge Perky wrote:
dimonic wrote: The chasm is dark, but she is able to see the body... examining it she sees that it is a broken form of a long dead man in wizardly robes. He is still wearing a small leather carrying bag.

As for the mystery of how this desiccated body could have been calling out... a moment later, the whisper "Help me" emanates-not from the body-but from a small branch lying a few yards away from the body![/i]
She quickly takes the small leather bag, and, bow in hand moves gingerly towards the small branch, examining the area closely.

michaelsandar
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: the Griffon

Post by michaelsandar »

Percival stands quietly, keeping watch ahead and behind.
PERCIVAL, N, Halfling dyer, S12, A10, S9, P13, I6, L11 (previously 12), AC10, HP2, Staff +0 1d4, hand axe, Init 0, R0, F0, W+1, Small sack, 3 yards fabric, 10' chain, torch, Righteous heart (Turn unholy checks), Com

EIBUR, C, Potato Farmer, deceased
SILAS, L, Ostler, deceased
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Thanks. I thought you also took over Kleaver and Grismelda?
*Jonathan*

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”