The Ruins of Ramat - 0-level funnel

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
FLGS: The Compleat Strategist

Re: The Ruins of Ramat - 0-level funnel

Post by Judge Perky »

Xim picks up the spear, and immediately images, historical scenes, unknown languages flash through his mind. Most of it is impossible for him to understand but he does understand that he is holding a powerful artifact, the Spear of Ramat.

Xim, give me a WILL save please.

doddwaco wrote:[OOC: So Jenkins and Joseph are peeking into the room . . . the hallway continues past that room and onward?]
The room is the same as it was before the other PCs disappeared. And yes, the hallway continues another 30', ending in a door.
*Jonathan*

“You should laugh every moment you live, for you'll find it decidedly difficult afterwards.” ― Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold
doddwaco
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Game Den

Post by doddwaco »

Jenkins and Joseph creep quietly into the room, poking around on the floor with their weapons, looking for the trap doors through which their comrades disappeared.
Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Twenty Sided Store

Post by Chthonicthul »

Assaulted by images beyond his understanding, Xim (entirely surprised to be the victim of some sort of trap) struggles to keep control of his sanity.

OOC: Will Save 15, baby! If that don't do it, it wasn't gonna get done. Not by him.
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Chthonicthul wrote:Assaulted by images beyond his understanding, Xim (entirely surprised to be the victim of some sort of trap) struggles to keep control of his sanity.

OOC: Will Save 15, baby! If that don't do it, it wasn't gonna get done. Not by him.
Xim feels the spear reaching out into his mind, strongly compelling him to bring the spear to the sanctuary and place it in the pedestal. He is able to resist the compulsion for now...
*Jonathan*

“You should laugh every moment you live, for you'll find it decidedly difficult afterwards.” ― Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold
Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Game Kastle

Post by Max_The_Judge »

Red Robert: "Nice pig sticker, Xim. Let us see what is hidden in these chests. John, be ready to get us out of here if I get a face full of poison gas or if the room starts filling with snakes."

OOC: Red Robert opens a chest.
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

The chest opens easily, surprising given how long it must have been sitting in this room undisturbed.

Within, there lies a solitary engraved ivory tube.
*Jonathan*

Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Max_The_Judge »

OOC: Red Robert grabs the tube and examines it. Is there anything inside?
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Max_The_Judge wrote:OOC: Red Robert grabs the tube and examines it. Is there anything inside?
Yes. Inside, is a rolled up parchment, covered in fine gold writing within.
*Jonathan*

Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chthonicthul »

Xim wipes his brow and regards the spear suspiciously. "I.... I wanted to bring this thing to the sanctuary and lay it on the altar. I wanted to, real bad. Something else inside me made me resist, though. Darn it, what do I do?"

Marvin snorts. "Me, I want a bath and a good dinner. If your desires are more about spears on tables, that's your business." He notices the parchment. "Hey, what does that say?"
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Xim thinks Marvin is either and idiot or joking. Xim can clearly read the scroll, and it is quite obvious that it contains a spell that can remove a single curse on a single being nearby, no matter how severe. Then it dawns on Xim that he's never actually seen a spell before, and the language he is reading so easily is in a language he's never seen before, and he slowly looks at the Spear of Ramat in his hand with incredulity.
*Jonathan*

Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chthonicthul »

Xim, heady with newfound power, exults. "I am the king of the world!" he shouts. When the others stare at him, he says matter-of-factedly, "The Spear of Ramat gives me the power to read magical writing, among other things." He relays what he can see on the scroll. "I'd prefer it, from now, by the way, if everyone would please call me Xim, the Spearman of Ramat. 'Sir' will be fine when we are just amongst ourselves, being informal."
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Xim, please give me another WILL save... :twisted:
*Jonathan*

Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chthonicthul »

OOC: Ha! Awesome. He rolled a 6.
Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Max_The_Judge »

OOC: Didn't someone get cursed earlier? Their action die was reduced to a d16 if I recall. Who was that? We should probably un-curse that character.
doddwaco
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Game Den

Post by doddwaco »

OOC: That poor soul was Ragged Rob. He went to the big 0-level funnel in the sky. *takes off hat and bows head.*
Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Max_The_Judge »

OOC: Oh. Well in that case we'll just save it. Red Robert will open the remaining chest.
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Chthonicthul wrote:OOC: Ha! Awesome. He rolled a 6.
He now feels an irresistible compulsion to bring that spear to the sanctuary and place it in the hole right in the center of the pedestal!

Red Robert opens the other chest... and nearly passes out: for it is filled with hundreds of gold coins!
*Jonathan*

Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Max_The_Judge »

Red Robert: "YES!!! If we survive this I'm going to blow all of this in fantasy Las Vegas!!!"

OOC: Red Robert begins pocketing gold coins.
Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chthonicthul »

Xim feels an intense desire to follow through on the action he has just described to the others. "We have to get back to that altar! Right away! Quick, figure it out, dagnabit!"

The little halfling gets frantic., pacing back and forth, waiting for the others to figure out how to get there.
Last edited by Chthonicthul on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Chthonicthul wrote:Xim follows through on the action he has just described to the others, and places the spear ceremoniously on the altar.
OCC: Chthonicthul, there is no altar in this chamber. You couldn't be expected to remember, since you hadn't joined the game yet, that we're talking about another room with a particular pedestal, guarded by an amorphous, evil demonic creature. Your characters know this, however.

Please re-read these two episodes:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 67#p113667

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 04#p114604
*Jonathan*

Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chthonicthul »

OOC: Edited above post to make story sense.
Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Max_The_Judge »

Honest John: "I think we're done here. Let's rejoin the others."
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

Max_The_Judge wrote:Honest John: "I think we're done here. Let's rejoin the others."
So is Red Robert the only one taking gold coins?
*Jonathan*

Chthonicthul
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Chthonicthul »

Marvin, ever avaricious, reaches in to grab a handful of coin. "Dungeon tax", he beams.
Judge Perky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Judge Perky »

OCC: Ok, there seem to be around 500 gold coins there, so we can say that you all stuff your pockets and bags with them and worry about divvying them up later if you like.
*Jonathan*

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”