The People of the Pit

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: The People of the Pit

Post by fireinthedust »

ooc: I was cut off from the computer this week, in hospital with my youngest (some virus, nothing serious, but it meant hydration for a week until she'd accept drinks or food not via IV). Gotta be more regular... belated NY resolution! On the plus side, my first module is completed, I revised it based on feedback, waiting for round two approval! Want me to send it your way?

IC:

It doesn't make sense for us to stay here alone, given the potential threat level. We're better off recruiting aide from the village. Maybe you can study those spellbooks once more, while I try to rustle up some conscripts?

Arvandra nods and, with the help of Bron, leads Lady Aelfwyn back up to the surface. Bron carries the elf maid over his shoulder up the iron ladder, so she takes no more damage from that metal.

Once back to the surface, the group intends to head back to town. Arvandra will keep Lady Aelfwyn at her cottage while she studies her tomes, hoping to learn spells she can cast without depending upon the good will of her new patron. Bron, on the other hand, asks around town for any bold men, women, elves, dwarves, and halflings who might believe, as he does, that someone needs to scout the ruins of the Curwen homestead and discover if there is a lingering threat to the village.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Nothing impedes your reaching the surface.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

We immediately head back to town, rest at the cottage if needed, and then Bron goes to the tavern and finds out who in town would be up for adventuring.
Guang
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Guang »

OOC: Hey everybody. Really looking forward to playing with you guys - I've read all posts in this thread. 4 zero levels coming up, courtesy of purplesorcerer.com's Shudder Mountain human generator. Please meet Marissa the baker; Matt her husband, a smuggler/bootlegger; Luc, a teenage orphan they recently took in; and Shawn, a herder with a dog Shep, the black sheep of the family, and Marissa's half-brother (If I should use the basic generator instead, pls let me know). Also, are there restrictions on how I use my money? i.e, can they stay at their homes in the village, or do they need to rent?

IC:
Bron runs into Shawn in the Arwich tavern. Although more than slightly drunk, the herder seems very interested in Bron's proposal, and slams his drink down. "Good! Someone needs to clean things up around here! Shep, go round up the respectable members of the family" The border collie lying under his chair looks up expectantly upon hearing her name, then dashes out the door. "Barkeep! Coffee! I need to be able to walk soon!"
fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

OOC: I didn't think this was still going. I've been busy the last four weeks getting my DCC rpg module (Wrath of the Frost Queen) . If this is still going, I'm finished. If this game is going to re-group, I'd be happy to join! I just saw a Facebook post about the hypercube of Myt.

If it doesn't... GM: congrats on the new module! Looks great!

IC:

Bron had given up hope of finding any souls brave or foolish enough to attempt exploring the tunnels below the old Curwin farm. Night after night at the bar had begun to drag on, and the mercenary had decided this town was full of cowards and fools: If none would join him and that witch, Arvandra, then whatever evil forces lived in the tunnels below would surely swallow up their homes, families, and souls. Perhaps not this night, but soon! After all, he mused, the Curwins had worshipped a flesh-eating, cannibal fiend... Why was Bron, a sell sword, the only one who cared a wit?

Then he heard Shawn's response, and saw the collie run off to gather reinforcements.

"Wait... you heard what I was saying? Was I speaking out loud? Crom, Ymir, Mitra, and Ishtar! You did hear me say that the tunnels could be swarming with flesh-eating monsters, right? And the part about the demon-baby-caterpillar that ate my friends, whose blood burned like liquid fire when I stabbed it through the heart?"

As the coffees arrive, Bron slaps his hand across the top of his cup, stopping the barkeep from adding mare's milk.

"Nay, barkeep. We'll drink it black, black as the halls of hell where we're headed!" And he swigs the hot brew back in one gulp.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

My cast is off, and I was going to tackle this on Monday.

Short version: I will run Mr. Curtis' Sour Springs Hollow as a secondary funnel to allow new characters to join into the PotP game with some levels.

Anyone can join, and then be in the bar in time for the action to move on.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

My cast is off, and I was going to tackle this on Monday.

Short version: I will run Mr. Curtis' Sour Springs Hollow as a secondary funnel to allow new characters to join into the PotP game with some levels.

Anyone can join, and then be in the bar in time for the action to move on.
SoBH pbp:

Guang
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Guang »

Sounds good!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”