Prince Charming, Reanimator

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Prince Charming, Reanimator

Post by Raven_Crowking »

“Hobyah! Hobyah! Hobyaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

As one of the creatures begins to burn, creating a great deal of oily smoke that makes the air foul, and Tarpy stabs another in the eye with his awl, the remaining three break away and begin to roll down the tunnel away from you....Tarpy and Balin may each have a free whack as they do so.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

"No you don't! You will not get away that easy!" Balin, with all his might swings down on a fleeing critter.
Tarpy. likewise stabs at the fleeing tiny terrors.

Balin Attack [1d20+1] = 9+1 =10; Damage [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4 Tarpy will burn luck, if needed, and apply it to Balin's attack roll in order to secure a hit.

Tarpy Attack Roll [1d20] = 12; Damage [1d4] = 2 He will hit the second fleeing critter if Balin killed his.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Two fall, a third rolls away into the darkness beyond the light.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Balin, Tarpy and Rafo relax a bit. "Let's get out of here and meet up with the others!" Rafo yells to the group.

They search the bodies for loot and go back to the burial chamber. There they make for the eastern passage and hopefully another way out. All three agree that instead of returning the way they entered the tunnels they will explore the eastern section and than move out to meet up with the rest of the group. For they hope that the princess may rest in the direction that they now travel.

Rafo, with short sword and shield at the ready leads the way followed by Balin caring a torch and Tarpy as rear guard.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

TUNNELS

There is no sign that these creatures were even clothed, let along carrying loot, and the smoke from the burned oil and body makes a long search nearly impossible. Passing to the east, it is not long before you hear "Hobyah! Hobyah! Hobyah!" from behind you again, although this time fainter....the creature that escaped clearly has friends, for there is more than one voice. How many, you cannot determine, due to the weird echoes in the narrow tunnels.

The tunnel terminates in a ladder, leading up to a flat stone that could, one assumes, be lifted or pushed aside.

+2 XP for the tunnel folk.

TOWER

Foxfire, make an Intelligence check.

The imp continues to whine and beg. "Please, Lords, I have been in the bottle for ever so long, and I have no master any more, although once there was a cruel tyrant who bound me, and that man has been dead for well over a century, so it would be nice to get out of this bottle and stretch. And there is so much I could do for you, Lords. Why, I could find you your maiden as quick as spitting, I could, if this bottle didn't impede me!"

Renlo, you cannot find the trapdoor.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Balin, Tarpy and Rafo rush to the door. With a push Balin the dwarf, climbs the ladder and tries to fling the flat stone open. Rafo, guarding the rear and hearing more critter calls yells out. "Hurry up guys lets get out of the hell hole!"
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The stone lifts, and moved aside, gives way to a stone chapel, whose pews have fallen into disrepair. A large stone statue of Justicia, goddess of mercy and justice, stands across from the door, one hand holding aloft the scales of justice, and the other an unsheathed longsword. Her clear, cool gaze seems to regard you with actual sight. She wears no helm. The entire area is lit by light coming in from the stained glass windows north, south, and west. The place has a wholesome feel to it, as if evil things are not welcome here.

There is a door to the west.
SoBH pbp:

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire's intelligence check: [1d20] = 9 (no bonus from int... int is 10. Dunno quite how this roll works here)

Renlo frowns "Guys... I think we have a problem... the door's gone. I think we're trapped..."

Bryce will join Renlo in continuing to look for signs of the trapdoor or a way out.

Cedric will look into the bottle "I am suspicious, little imp. Gain my trust by telling us how to get out. If it works, I'll be ... less suspicious, and more willing to help you."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

drpete wrote:Foxfire's intelligence check: [1d20] = 9 (no bonus from int... int is 10. Dunno quite how this roll works here)
Okay, then, this is how it works: the book is a book of spells, and if Foxfire understands it, he learns a spell. The DC to understand it is 13, so you failed by 4. You may choose to spend 4 Luck to succeed.
Renlo frowns "Guys... I think we have a problem... the door's gone. I think we're trapped..."

Bryce will join Renlo in continuing to look for signs of the trapdoor or a way out.
No, but you can find a large, ornately-framed mirror. There does not seem to be a door behind it, though.
Cedric will look into the bottle "I am suspicious, little imp. Gain my trust by telling us how to get out. If it works, I'll be ... less suspicious, and more willing to help you."
"Of course, Master. Just let me out of this bottle, and I will make the door appear!"
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris reaches to free the imp.
Bran is looking to leave.
Rob is with Bran ready to leave any time
Throm slaps Horris's hand to prevent him from freeing the imp.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

After the last of the three adventures come up through the opening, Rafo gently slides the flat stone back into its place. Seeing the statue of a goddess in front of them all three walk over to it and give alms. Rafo, places a few coins before the goddesses feet; Tarpy a fine crafted pair of gloves and Balin a bit of coin. All three kneel and in silent pray ask... "please great Justicia, goddess of mercy and justice. Have mercy on us and guide us. Protect us and see use through this adventure till the end."

After a few moments, Rafo looks up at the goddess. "If we make it free of this place I promise to take you out of here and give you a better place to rest. Looking at the cracked walls and crumbling fixtures, "not these old ruins that are on the verge of falling."

Balin, Tarpy and Rafo sit down and rest their backs against a pew. It is there they recall memories of their fallen comrade, the evils that wait within this place and the princess as of yet not found.

After eating and drinking some meager rations they decide rest for a few minutes before exploring the chapel area.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

A sense of calm, and the presence of the divine washes over them all.

Balin gains a +1 bonus to his highest ability score, and Tarpy a +1 bonus to his lowest. These bonuses are permanent.

(Rafo would have been healed for 1d3 points, but is not injured.)
SoBH pbp:

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire will burn the luck to understand the spell... :)

Bryce will wipe any dust off of the mirror, and look into it, studying himself and the room around him.

Renlo goes over to the bubbling bottles, and examines them. He's looking for something with a lot of liquid. Maybe it can be poured on the ground to reveal the cracks in the trapdoor... (he won't try that yet, just taking stock)

Cedric shakes his head. "The imp is no use to us. It doesn't even know how to escape the tower. Look for a way out. Something, or we'll be trapped in our own bottle, here."
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm, Rob and Bran leave the tower and go to the next tower to investigate it.

Horrisstays behind and frees the imp. "There I set you free. Promise you will not harm me or any of my friends. Also promise me that you will not send anyone or anything to harm them or me. Other than that imp I don't wish anything else of you other than perhaps some direction if you know where we can find the sleeping princess giving us directions to find her would be all I ask of you."

Throm speaking to Bran and Rob "Hey where is Horris? Was he behind either of you? Also where did the rest of the group go are they still inside that tower?

Bran back to Throm "He wasn't behind me I thought he was coming out with us but you don't think he?... Oh dear lord I think he is letting that imp loose.

Rob shrugs his shoulders to both of them.

Throm "That durned fool I think he is freeing the imp we better go back and see if he is alright."

Bran "You go back Rob and I will wait here."
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Ooc: unless i'm mistaken, there is no exit to the tower...
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

ooc: well that is very confusing seeing as we got in through a door and others through a trap door or something so I am very confused then.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

OOC: we entered the tower on the lower level, then we went up to the wizards lab, but the door we entered through is... Gone?
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: No idea. I'm confused because one group came in one door and my four came in another.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

In the Tower

You are correct in surmising that the way you came in is gone.

Foxfire, you have learned the 1st level wizard spell, flaming hands. Note that the character need not be a wizard to learn or cast this spell; 0-level characters, and other characters who are neither wizards nor elves cast the spell using 1d10 for the spell check. A character who becomes a wizard or elf gains this spell as a bonus spell beyond the normal allotment.

Renlo discovers a vast array of liquids, of many colours and consistencies.

Bryce wipes the dust off the mirror, and his own reflection within it seems distorted, for he sees himself with many bloody wounds, and the aspect of a corpse.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Horris frees the three-headed imp, who cackles gleefully upon release. "What a maroon! What an ultra-macaroon!" the imp cackles as it flies up to bite him with its other two heads.

First round is between Horris and the imp only. The imp has a 20 total for initiative, and its attack rolls are 12 and 11, for 1 point of damage each. If Horris' Init beats mine, AND he kills the imp, he suffers no damage.....After the first round, everyone may act.
SoBH pbp:

GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: Alright so then ignore all my previous stuff everyone is still in the tower... the other three I control are just not near Horris at this moment of his idiocy. Sent you a PM Raven_Crowking.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

A funnel is typically a bloodbath at one or more points, so don't worry about moments of stupidity. In fact, the funnel allows you to revel in them, because even after 1-2 characters die, you are still left with someone to play! And the character who gets to do something stupid AND SURVIVES IT? He's the stuff of legends!
SoBH pbp:

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Cedric groans "Okay, so... this is not very helpful..." Cedric, Foxfire, Renlo and Bryce ready their weapons.
GreyWolfVT
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horris Init 17 takes out his weapon. Attack roll 13 for 2 damage Current HP 4/6 since I think the 20 wins for init.

Throm, Bran and Rob also ready their weapons and Thom can be heard saying "Ye dolt Horris!" and slapping one hands palm against his forehead. Image
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Okay, new round...all in!
SoBH pbp:

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”