Prince Charming, Reanimator

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Prince Charming, Reanimator

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The stairs groan ominously as you climb up from the fire-blackened hall, but they hold.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Renlo looks back to the others down below "do you guys want to get the princess with us? There's also a wheel that spins straw into gold up here... If you want..."

ooc: I'm not sure what's going on... Do you not want to complete the quest?
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

drpete wrote:Renlo looks back to the others down below "do you guys want to get the princess with us? There's also a wheel that spins straw into gold up here... If you want..."

ooc: I'm not sure what's going on... Do you not want to complete the quest?

OOC...My last couple of characters have no desire to go on. There has been NOTHING but death in just about ever room. Seems like a total party wipe adventure :( But if you want I will continue...

Balin, Rafo and Tarpy have little interest in bringing back a dead princess just to become the bride of some twisted prince. But seeing the others want to complete their mission and so few survivors remain they too will carry on and follow the rest of the group up the steps. "Lead on man." Balin says with a new determination. "But I will kill anything I run into first than ask questions later. So, you up front better find whatever the hell it is you seek before I bump into it..."
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

ooc: I feel like we're playing in two different games. I see some danger, but almost no one has died on this adventure, except when we made mistakes, and even then it was more of a slap on the wrist. We each have 3/4 of our guys, and we have a roadmap to the end that sounds pretty close. I'm disappointed that I lost Cedric... He was my char with the best stats, but he might have survived if we'd done that differently.

Foxfire smiles now that the group is moving forward again. "Alright, then let's go find that princess!" She leads the group through the door on the left.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Balin, Rafo and Tarpy, follow Foxfire and the others up the charred steps. "If we did not burn the evil out I hope we at least smoked them away!" Rafo says as he skillfully hulls his stocky frame up and over the steps.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Sorry about the long delay.

----

The archway gives way to a 30-foot square chamber without a floor! The area beyond the archway seems to drop down into infinity, and there is no obvious way to reach the door in the center of the north wall.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Sorry about the long delay.

----

The archway gives way to a 30-foot square chamber without a floor! The area beyond the archway seems to drop down into infinity, and there is no obvious way to reach the door in the center of the north wall.

No problem. We already posted our actions just tell us what is next...when ready.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

MrHemlocks wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Sorry about the long delay.

----

No problem. We already posted our actions just tell us what is next...when ready.
Yes. You climb the steps. You enter the room where the remains of the rose dragon lie charred. You go to the left. The archway gives way to a 30-foot square chamber without a floor! The area beyond the archway seems to drop down into infinity, and there is no obvious way to reach the door in the center of the north wall.
SoBH pbp:

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Foxfire observes carefully. "The mirror told to expect this, and that it was an illusion... Let's see how much of an illusion it is...." Foxfire then tosses the chicken into the center of the room, to see if it falls.

OOC: Welcome back!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

OOC: Thanks! I still have a ton of stuff to get done, but I will try not to disappear for so long without notice.

Foxfire (and anyone else observing the chicken), please make a Will save, DC 10.

If you make it: The chicken squawks as it hits the floor, then begins flapping its wings, eventually flying back past you into the "safe" room behind you, where the rose dragon was. You are correct; the lack of floor is an illusion.

If you fail: The chicken falls about 10 feet before it begins flapping its wings, and flies with a squawk to the room behind you, where the rose dragon was. There truly does seem to be a gaping pit before you.
SoBH pbp:

drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Renlo:[1d20-1]=12
Foxfire:[1d20-1]=8
Bryce:[1d20]=6

Foxfire and Bryce step back, anxiously.
Renlo laughs, and announces "chickens don't fly! It's an illusion." He will then lead his sow across the gap to the other side. "Someone toss me a rope, if you are still afraid..."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Renlo can see a round chamber beyond the door, 30 feet in diameter, with many high windows pointing to a peaked ceiling whose apex is at least 35 feet high. Lying on a canopied bed in the middle of this chamber is a young woman, perhaps 16 years old, of great beauty. She appears to be asleep from the steady rise and fall of her breast. Her golden hair spills over the pillow and down onto the floor.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

OOC... My guys were following behind. Are they up near the lead party member(s)? They have no intention of approaching the 'sleeping' girl. They know from experience to never volunteer for anything...while adventuring.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Renlo will reach down and attempt to lift the princess from her bed. If this can be done, he'll carry her back to the others.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Renlo may certainly do so. In fact, give that Renlo a point of Luck.

All gain 1 XP from the floor illusion.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Balin, Rafo and Tarpy will stand watch over Renlo as he lifts the girl. They have gathered rocks and rubble to be used as thrown weapons should the need arise.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Okay. There is no problem lifting or carrying the girl. What, then, do you do with her?
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Depete, has not posted in 6 days. Maybe NPC his next action(s)?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Or just decide what the group does, and with no one saying Nay, I will assume it is so.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Rafo, Tarpy and Balin watch as the girl is lifted from where she lies. "Be careful lifting her Renlo." Balin yells out. "It is my understanding that this princess is already dead and not know how she would feel about coming back to life and forced to become the bride of a twisted prince."

All three watch with baited breath knowing that nothing good can come from this..no matter what the out come.

OOC...All three have stones, from the fire, as thrown weapons but ready to switch to melee weapons in a moments notice.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Lifting the girl seem so have no discernible ill effect.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Lifting the girl seem so have no discernible ill effect.
My guess is we leave with the girl and head back to the prince.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

MrHemlocks wrote:My guess is we leave with the girl and head back to the prince.
Easily enough done, now. You pass the fire-blackened hall, cross the bone-strewn courtyard, and head back to where the Prince and his men wait.

You at last return to the clearing where Prince Charming and his men await you. “I congratulate you,” says the Prince coolly. “You have succeeded where my soldiers failed. Bring forward my bride, and lay her there upon the sward, that I may revive her with a kiss. Then stand aside.”

I will be away from the Internet from tonight until some time Tuesday.
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Comply or comply not?
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Comply...)

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”