The Arwich Grinder

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: The Arwich Grinder

Post by GlassEye »

BELOW: Abram Cove is shaken when he sees the man-larvae start moving again. He hurriedly moves to chop the things head off and help Bill dump both head and body into the hole and seal it again with the hex-shaped tile.
fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

OOC: me too! As our glorious GM is aware, I'm in a publishing intensive right now. Ergo when I get back home, my time ain't mine. That said, I'm glad... that Bron is still kicking. He'd make a good Warrior, actually...

IC:

Bron swings with his blade, hoping to slash the beast and avenge his fallen comrade. The movement of the creature overwhelmed him, and he could not see where to slash before Goodwin is bludgeoned to the wall

"For Godwin! For Vengeance!!!" Bron cries, hurling himself blade-first towards where he thinks the beast might be!

OOC: 1d20+1=14, 1d8+1=9
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

fireinthedust wrote:OOC: me too! As our glorious GM is aware, I'm in a publishing intensive right now. Ergo when I get back home, my time ain't mine. That said, I'm glad... that Bron is still kicking. He'd make a good Warrior, actually...
OOC: Actually, what fireinthedust is working on is really, really good and I look forward to seeing its final form.

ABOVE: Bron's sword strikes out, pulling a welter of blood from the invisible infant, but the baby is not slain, and strikes back, rolling a 20 (but using 1d24, not causing a critical hit), for 3 damage.

BELOW: "Pity us," comes a voice from one of the hex-shaped cells. "For once we lived as do you, and once we sought a rest in death, until the old man awoke us again, seeking that which the living know not....."
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Balin and Pratel continue their escape to the surface. There they will wait near the well for the others before heading toward the house.
Last edited by MrHemlocks on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
drpete
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by drpete »

Bill will call down to them. "You should not have been called back. I would see you laid to rest. Would you seek an end to your pitiful lives? If so, I will help you."
GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GlassEye »

ABOVE: Seeing Bron take a serious injury Badr Balik throws himself where he thinks the demon-baby is and stabs with his dagger.

BELOW: Abram Cove waits with Bill to see what the response from the larvae-men will be.

OOC:
Badr: Atk & Dmg (1d20=15, 1d4=2)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

BELOW: "Have pity on us, and set us free. We are poor damned things from which salvation now is forever barred."

ABOVE: By my count, you've done 16 points of damage to the gigantic, invisible, malformed baby. Correct me if I have missed someone's damage. The baby slaps at Badr, 1d24 + 2 = 12, and doing 5 points of damage. If Badr is hit, and survives that, he must succeed in a DC 10 Strength check or be knocked prone.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GlassEye »

ABOVE: Badr Balik is battered by the giant baby's left hook and tumbles past Bron lifeless while his soul follows Godwin to the afterlife.

BELOW: Abram Cove looks at Bill and shakes his head. "Let the damned loose on the world and, more importantly, close to me? I don't think so."
fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

Bron flies back, severely wounded, but catches himself in a cat-like landing rather than falling. His muscles ache, blood is gushing from the wound across his chest. That he is alive let alone standing defies logic. It defies reason. But this is no warrior of reason who faces the creature this day, but a man made of will. It is Bron's will that catches him this day, that yet clings to life.

Badr's body slides across the floor past Bron, and all reason leaves the mercenary. Only will is left, the will to grip his sword, and the will that springs forward for one last, desperate stab at whatever foul spawn of the pit lairs here. Aiming for the place Badr was launched from, Bron thrusts...

OOC: Let's see if the internet likes descriptions...

1d20+1=18, 1d8+1=6

Woo hoo!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Bron could spend 4 points of Luck to make that the final blow, if he was willing to do so.
SoBH pbp:

GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GlassEye »

Abram Cove looks over at Bill. "Well, what's the plan now?" He laughs. "It's changed so much lately that my head is spinning. Say the word and I'll back you up."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Waiting on fireinthedust.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Waiting on fireinthedust.
ooc...No problem. My guys should be up top by now and will yell back down the well to Abram Cove and Bill to get to the surface!

Balin wonders what is taking the other so long to make it up top....

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Remember that combat happens in 10-second rounds; the action ABOVE is occurring at a faster rate (in-game, anyway) than the action BELOW. Don't worry; the reverse will be true soon enough.
SoBH pbp:

fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

OOC: Sorry again! Test, assignment, test in fast order. HOWEVER I now have the barest foundation of a deviant art page (fireinthedust.deviantart.com) so feel free to peruse!

And yes, Bron will strike true, spending luck if need be, to end this combat before more lives are lost!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ABOVE: The invisible baby falls with a squall and a thud that shakes the floorboards. Everyone above may have +4 XP.

BELOW: +1 XP for dealing with the damned things in the hexagonal shells. As you hurry back toward the surface, just as you are about to turn south you see torchlight bobbing toward you in the darkness.
SoBH pbp:

GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GlassEye »

BELOW: Considering the wounds Abram Cove has already taken he isn't inclined to let whomever is approaching get the drop on him. He lowers himself a little, ready to leap forward if it turns out to be anyone other than one of the men or women who came with him to Curwen farm, and grasps his iron axe in both hands. He twists his hands around the haft making sure he has a good, dry grip. "Who knows who this might be. Get ready, friends."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

By the light of the torch being carried by 12-year-old Wilbur Curwen, Eliza Merritt and her husband Merritt can be seen coming up fom the south. Eliza is visibly pregnant. Both Eliza and Allen are armed with staves. It is clear from their faces that they know that you are there (being able to see your light as easily as you can see theirs) and are not in a good mood.

Roll for initiative.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Raven_Crowking wrote:By the light of the torch being carried by 12-year-old Wilbur Curwen, Eliza Merritt and her husband Merritt can be seen coming up fom the south. Eliza is visibly pregnant. Both Eliza and Allen are armed with staves. It is clear from their faces that they know that you are there (being able to see your light as easily as you can see theirs) and are not in a good mood.

Roll for initiative.
OOC...Who rolls for Int.? What groups?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The group down below, headed back toward the surface, is affected and can roll init/declare actions.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Raven_Crowking wrote:The group down below, headed back toward the surface, is affected and can roll init/declare actions.

OOC..So, my group, that climbed back up the well are safe? But Abram and Bill, still below need to roll? Just not sure where the new Curwen's are coming from.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Nope. You expressed a desire and an intent to climb back up the well. This occurs en route.
SoBH pbp:

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Group int...1d20+1 → [14,1] = (15)

Balin and Pratel stop in their tracks when seeing more Curwens coming from the south. "Charge men!" Tarpy yells out. With weapons at the ready and killing on their minds all three rush forward to meet the Curwens with pointy blades.
Last edited by MrHemlocks on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GlassEye »

Abram Cove grimaced. This killing looked to be unpleasant but he doubted the Curwen's would just let them waltz away. Not that Abram wanted to.

OOC: Abram: Initiative (1d20-1=5)
MrHemlocks, I was wondering who Tarpy was (since he hasn't been seen in this game before) then I discovered he's one of your characters in Prince Charming...
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

MrHemlocks wrote:Group int...1d20+1 → [14,1] = (15)

Balin, Tarpy and Pratel stop in their tracks when seeing more Curwens coming from the south. "Charge men!" Tarpy yells out. With weapons at the ready and killing on their minds all three rush forward to meet the Curwens with pointy blades.
You might as well give me some attack rolls with that, and damage if applicable. AC 10.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”