The Revelation of Mulmo PBP - WARNING SPOILERS

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: The Revelation of Mulmo PBP - WARNING SPOILERS

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skyscraper wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Out of idle curiosity, how are you carrying your poor departed dwarf?
Half-dwarf, half-giant.

Maledict is not carrying him. Maledict didn't notice Rupert's demise, on the slopes of the hill, as he prodded him to move quicker but poor Rupert couldn't take it. His body remained on the hill where he fell for the last time. His last comment about the imp assumes that he's still alive.
Just to be clear, I refer to Vrór Bloodholder, your deceased comrade that you are attempting to restore to life. If no one is carrying him, I will have to assume that he is back with the horses......?

"Fair mortal sir," says the woman in the water, "here always there is peace to be found. Put aside thy search among the dead and the dying, for a time at least, and savour the warm touch of the living. Seek not to enter dry towers, but rather to enter welcoming flesh."

She rises, dripping and naked, from the pool.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
Just to be clear, I refer to Vrór Bloodholder, your deceased comrade that you are attempting to restore to life. If no one is carrying him, I will have to assume that he is back with the horses......?
Haha, I knew that ;)

My assumption was that we left him in town and went to fetch the water and return with some. But Hamun Ry would be the one to have decided of something like this I guess.
"Fair mortal sir," says the woman in the water, "here always there is peace to be found. Put aside thy search among the dead and the dying, for a time at least, and savour the warm touch of the living. Seek not to enter dry towers, but rather to enter welcoming flesh."

She rises, dripping and naked, from the pool.
Maledict's eyes widen, before he casts his glance aside, out of modesty.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

"We meant no trespass, and have followed the custom, as best we understood it..."
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

"But, oh, my Lord," says another of the beauties, rising from the pool, "there is so much more trespass that custom yet permits! And the grass here is both soft and sweet-smelling when crushed beneath!"
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Lady Blackrush was, and still is, my only love, even though I never told her, thinks Maledict. He keeps his eyes averted, ashamed of the thoughts that spring to mind, and clings to his two-handed sword, not for protection, but more like the surivor of a shipwreck hangs on for dear life to a section of the floating boat mast in the middle of the sea.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Raven_Crowking wrote:"But, oh, my Lord," says another of the beauties, rising from the pool, "there is so much more trespass that custom yet permits! And the grass here is both soft and sweet-smelling when crushed beneath!"
“The Seeking of Pleasure is the Only Law,” Travič murmurs with a smile as he strides forward towards the Maidens, undoing the clasp to his cloak.

Okay, this is clearly a bad idea, but he's young and lacks wisdom (literally!). Still, he's smart enough to only meet them half way (well away from the pool's edge).

Are any of them wearing rings?
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

As far as how we're carrying our guy, uh... is this supposed to be Weekend at Bernies? Or do we take the water to the dead? I figured the latter. But if that breaks the module, maybe we uh are dragging him around?

Re: these turkeys...
"HALT, thief!" Hamun says, drawing the bow taut. "We're not here for pleasure, elves. Keep your charms to yourself. Hinder us not!"
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

As Travič moves towards the maidens, they smile and beckon him to them. "Ah," says one. "At least this mortal has fire in his veins! These others be but cold fish, who would leave a poor damsel in want." The maiden reaches out to bring Travič to the soft grass, even as his cloak falls.

"HALT, thief!" Hamun says, drawing the bow taut. "We're not here for pleasure, elves. Keep your charms to yourself. Hinder us not!"

"Hinder, says he!" laughs another.

"What hindrance doth pleasure bring? A sweet dalliance, greatly to be desired, with worksome tasks put off until later!" says a third, rising from the water.

"Hinder? Nay! He doth call our sister thief for seeking to steal but a moment's tender grace!" This from a maiden still in the water.

"What then, Mortal?" says the maiden smiling at Travič. "I come not as thieves, but as givers of gifts, and receivers of that gift which men give unto women. No force binds thee here, and thou mayst go, if that be thy will. No talk of hinder shall there be" - and here she shoots a venomous look at Hamun - "nor of force, save that you would say one thing, and thy companions say thee nay. For we will not brook interference with thy natural right to give thy gift wheresoever thou wouldst, nor, once given, would we willingly break tryst with thee oversoon. Our appetites are large, and we are generous in the giving."
SoBH pbp:

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

"I was speaking to my associate, wench," Hamun Ry says. He raises his voice to his companions. "Arm yourselves, if they will not leave us unmolested (hehe) ... is there a way out of here? Must we go through here?"
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Rick »

Raven_Crowking wrote: "What then, Mortal?" says the maiden smiling at Travič. "I come not as thieves, but as givers of gifts, and receivers of that gift which men give unto women. No force binds thee here, and thou mayst go, if that be thy will. No talk of hinder shall there be" - and here she shoots a venomous look at Hamun - "nor of force, save that you would say one thing, and thy companions say thee nay. For we will not brook interference with thy natural right to give thy gift wheresoever thou wouldst, nor, once given, would we willingly break tryst with thee oversoon. Our appetites are large, and we are generous in the giving."
Travič, who was admiring the maiden's ample charms, still manages to catch the venomous look.

"Uh, mayhaps yon Wizard hath the right idea... oh, Hells, look, he's right, we do have something else that needs to be done."

He reaches for his cloak.

"Maybe later, on our way out? I mean, I guess we'll be passing by this way again. Hopefully with our friend restored to us, and if that's true we'll all certainly be in the mood to, ah, celebrate. How do you and your sisters feel about dwarves?"

He's backing away.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

"Dwarves? Fah! They are fit enough servants to fetch and carry, and to work the cold iron, but not for such dalliances as were offered to thee!" She looks petulant. "Anon, then, and all of the King's speed to thee, that we may meet your embrace hereafter!"

Unless stopped, the maidens dive back into the pool, and soon disappear underwater.

There are, as mentioned earlier, two other exits from here, the middle of the north wall, and perhaps halfway between that and the eastern exit. Whether or not you need to pass this way again remains to be seen.

Ogrepuppy dropped out to pick up and read the module. Anyone want to add his character to their own?

Hamun hears a dry chuckle, then a whispering voice:

The pool you seek you’ve not yet found
For it is hidden deep underground
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

"Too bad they left -- they might have pointed us in the right direction," says Yoros, gesturing between the two options... "They were, perhaps, too perfect of form and too willing of manner to be of true delight," he murmurs as he changes course to the nearest of the remaining passages, scratching behind one ear.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Who was Ogrepuppy's character, the cleric? Would seem to be pretty important. :-)

Hamun Ry snorts. "Temptresses that live in airless pools aren't to be trusted. But I suppose you illiterates might not have come across that before." He follows Yoros.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Maledict also follows, looking back several times towards the pool.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

You have two potential exits that are visible, without backtracking.

The easternmost has already been described. The more central exit seems to go a short distance into another chamber - you can make out the gleam of a bronze spiral stairway, headed upward.
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

"gleam"... "stairway"... Say no more!

We go to the other one.

Just kidding. The other one had a floor covered in bones, if I'm not mistaken.

The room with the stairs beckons Yoros.

Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Rick »

beermotor wrote:But I suppose you illiterates might not have come across that before."
"Yes, well, clearly some of us lack the wisdom of your advanced years," the Thief says with a smirk.
beermotor wrote:He follows Yoros.
So does Travič.
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Hamun Ry glares at the thief a moment, bristling behind his... long gray beard? The he mumbles something that sounds like "get off my lawn!" and follows Yoros towards the gleaming stairs room.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The gods smile upon your role-playing, and you all gain +1 to your Luck.

You enter into an oval chamber, some 50 feet east-west and 40 feet north-south, with a passage entering from each of the cardinal directions (although the northern passage enters far to the east of the chamber). There is a great deal of old, but apparently once beautifully carved, furniture in this room, but it has been hacked and broken. Woven red and black carpets cover parts of the white-tiled floor. Dominating the chamber is an ornate bronze spiral staircase, which leads upward through
the ceiling.
SoBH pbp:

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

"We should take a quick look down those passages," Hamun Ry says in a hissing whisper, his eyes drifting upwards. "The staircase intrigues me."
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

To the east you see a short distance, and then the room with the bones. Or a room that looks very like it. To the north, you see the central lawn after a short tunnel. To the west, the tunnel bends to the right, obscuring your investigations. You came from the south.
SoBH pbp:

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

"Travitz, or is it Travish?" Hamun Ry says. "Whatever, thief, check the stairs for any traps. Is there a chamber above?"
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Maledict waits for Travic (he has problems with his accent... Litterally) to scout ahead, and follows about 30 feet behind.

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

General Yoros picks up a shattered chair leg and notes the intricacy of the carving. "I suppose the apparent age of the breaks means nothing in this realm. A day or a century could look the same, or even resemble each other." He casually flips it over his shoulder, and it clatters back into the debris. "And this staircase, a danger made tempting? or a tribute to that which it reaches?"

Yoros rests his hand on the bannister at the foot of the stairs, looking up. "My knees are throbbing -- perhaps I'll wait til someone gets a look at the top before myself making the climb..."

Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Rick »

beermotor wrote:"Travitz, or is it Travish?" Hamun Ry says.

"Travič (trav-itch), old man."
beermotor wrote:"Whatever, thief, check the stairs for any traps.
Find Traps 12 + 8 = 20

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”