Revelation of Mulmo PbP?

The place for Play-by-Post adventures with DCC RPG, MCC RPG, XCC, DCC Lankhmar, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Revelation of Mulmo PbP?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Sufferus is one level down, at the base of the tower. You can see him because you are at the open area around the tower on the upper level of the elf hill.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Sufferus is one level down, at the base of the tower. You can see him because you are at the open area around the tower on the upper level of the elf hill.
So how many rounds for him to climb up? I admit that not really seeing what you mean by "upper level of the hill" - how many levels does the hill have? And what does one level of hill represent? lol :)
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The tower is 120 feet high. The second level floor is about 30 feet from the ground where Sufferus stands. The rope being used at this moment goes from the 2nd level entrance to the top of the tower. Each of the five upper entrances is about 20-30 feet from the tower. Flowering vines act as curtains to these entrances.

The hill curves up toward the tower, but it does not enclose it completely – the top of the elf hill is open to the sky from within, about 10-20 feet from the tower’s sides. The tower itself is about 40 feet across. You can see neither door nor window in the tower’s blank face. The sides of the hill, from within, are covered with flowered vines that drape and coil over the walls in pleasing patterns. If you look at them long enough, they seem almost to form intentional patterns.

The vines appear thick and strong enough to aid in climbing.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

The initiative for Yoros is a mighty 12!

He will fly himself and a willing Maledict (assuming Maledict is willing) to the room with the creatures.

If they can't get the full distance on 120' of Ring power, they then take the rope before the flight runs out, and Yoros climbs from there.

If they can get in the room, Yoros is ready to fight.

If they can get in the room and then some, he will fly them above the creatures and make dropping onto them part of the attack.

I'll refrain from stating the details of the attack/Deed, and of rolling, until I know what the flight gets us.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:Oh, and is this our 'play' thread, or will there be a new one (maybe in the Community section?)?
Screwing up threads here....this one isn't the play thread! In any event, 90' for 2 uses up 180' of the 240.
SoBH pbp:

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Raven_Crowking wrote:The tower is 120 feet high. The second level floor is about 30 feet from the ground where Sufferus stands. The rope being used at this moment goes from the 2nd level entrance to the top of the tower. Each of the five upper entrances is about 20-30 feet from the tower. Flowering vines act as curtains to these entrances.

The hill curves up toward the tower, but it does not enclose it completely – the top of the elf hill is open to the sky from within, about 10-20 feet from the tower’s sides. The tower itself is about 40 feet across. You can see neither door nor window in the tower’s blank face. The sides of the hill, from within, are covered with flowered vines that drape and coil over the walls in pleasing patterns. If you look at them long enough, they seem almost to form intentional patterns.

The vines appear thick and strong enough to aid in climbing.
Ok, I erroneously thought the tower stood on an actual hill inside the hollow hill we're in.

So... he climbs like the rest, yes? At the risk of sounding repetitive... how many rounds 'till he reaches the others?

p.s.: i think we should take all this back to the game thread.
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:Oh, and is this our 'play' thread, or will there be a new one (maybe in the Community section?)?
Screwing up threads here....this one isn't the play thread! In any event, 90' for 2 uses up 180' of the 240.
Whoops!

That explains why I couldn't see my declaration of intent! :roll:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Fred got a 19+1 for a 20 for intiaitive.
Maybe he'll live to skulk another day.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

marshal kt wrote:Fred got a 19+1 for a 20 for intiaitive.
...But we're in the wrong thread. We need to post in the one without the question mark. :arrow: :?:

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Hello?

When I joined I was afraid I wouldn't be able to post often enough.. now.. [echo]
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I still don't know what people are doing, or what their initiative rolls are. Please repost them here, below, and we can move forward.
SoBH pbp:

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Fred got a 19+1 for a 20 for intiaitive.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Hi, two questions:

1) for RC: Sufferus' whip has the following power:
Finally, the cleric may attempt a Woeful Strike with the Scourge 3 times each day. However, each strike causes the cleric to take 1 point of Strength, Agility, or Stamina damage (roll randomly) as his pain fuels the Scourge.
What is a woeful strike?

2) for gnomeboy: since i need to know your PC's alignment if/when Sufferus heals him, can you provide it? I didn't see it in your PC's description.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Skyscraper wrote:Sufferus' whip has the following power:
Finally, the cleric may attempt a Woeful Strike with the Scourge 3 times each day. However, each strike causes the cleric to take 1 point of Strength, Agility, or Stamina damage (roll randomly) as his pain fuels the Scourge.
What is a woeful strike?
D'oh!

A woeful strike automatically causes a critical hit if it succeeds, and the use must be declared before the attack roll (which, in this format, is simply a matter of trust anyway).
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Skyscraper wrote:2) for gnomeboy: since i need to know your PC's alignment if/when Sufferus heals him, can you provide it? I didn't see it in your PC's description.
Yoros is a proponent of Law. Updated the signature to include that for ease of future reference. :)

Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

Thanks to both of you.

Sufferus has no one of his alignment in the party :)

On another note, if I end up playing him as too much of a pain in the butt, do let me know. I presently imagine him as a rather unpleasant individual, I do not want that unpleasantness to seep into the gaming experience itself. My RP angle is just one way to play the character, if it becomes simply a burden for everyone, I'll simply find another angle.

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Skyscraper wrote:Thanks to both of you.

Sufferus has no one of his alignment in the party :)

On another note, if I end up playing him as too much of a pain in the butt, do let me know. I presently imagine him as a rather unpleasant individual, I do not want that unpleasantness to seep into the gaming experience itself. My RP angle is just one way to play the character, if it becomes simply a burden for everyone, I'll simply find another angle.
Fred is neutral.
marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

I never listed equipment other than leather armor, short sword & shield.
I presume he has a pack/bag with lock picks & tools, rope, a candle, flint & steel, a water skin, a small packet conataining sand, another with salt.
Skyscraper

Post by Skyscraper »

marshal kt wrote: Fred is neutral.
Thanks, I had seen your alignment on your PC sheet (post). I initially went to check in case Fred decides to ask for the Maimed One's healing. (Fred will actually be the one, after Sufferus himself, to benefit most from the chaotic cleric's healing.) THis is when I decided to check for Yoros' alignment and noticed it wasn't there.

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

Umm what happened?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Raven_Crowking wrote:I still don't know what people are doing, or what their initiative rolls are. Please repost them here, below, and we can move forward.
To answer marshall kit's question.
SoBH pbp:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:I still don't know what people are doing, or what their initiative rolls are. Please repost them here, below, and we can move forward.
To answer marshall kit's question.
Looking back at that thread, it looks like the last stuff was exploration.

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 88#p105788

marshal kt

Post by marshal kt »

I was tapping on walls and just got an update on wif/what I found.
I didn't know of any reason for initiative rolls.
fireinthedust
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by fireinthedust »

Sorry to post/butt in: is there an opening for this game? If not, no problem (and good gaming!)
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Honestly, I can't quite remember what was happening, and we had a lot of turn-over of players.

Raven, would it be worthwhile to do a little summary of the room we're in, our general path to get there (briefly), as well as adding in anyone else that wants to play? I think with four players it seems more do-able.

Return to “Crawl-By-Post”