Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
OOC: Alas RIP poor Lupin your desire to be the Lenin of du Stuteringslay Manor will never happen but your noble sacrifice will live on as long as.. oh wait no it wont! :)

Pity it didn't take that bite outta Rodney stopping hits might be something hes good at..!

IC: Seeing the noble peasant fall Rodney manfully chops the head off the hideous hound anyway.... He couldn't face is Grampa with his blade unblooded yet again.

"We wer' we'll give him a ah go good funeral" He muttered to anyone that cared as he stared down at the dead farmer.

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 372
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
Mordecai claps Rodney on the shoulder and looks him straight in the eye:
"I am sorry for yer loss, son, but Lupin has earned his place at the Hallowed Forge. We should count ourselves lucky to die so well as he."

Lyle attempts to haggle with the merchant for weapons for the group, with a "little off the top" for the heroes, of course!

Lyle's rolls for whatever is applicable: 1D20=2 or 1D10=9, +1 Luck if applicable. Otherwise he grins like an idiot and is shut down, haha :mrgreen: .

Either way wanna buy weapons if any are at hand

_________________

GROUP A
Smilin' Lyle
(c) barber
Str8(-1) Agi10(0) Sta8(-1) Per10(0) Int7(-1) Luc13(+1) AC10 HP1 Razor-1(1d4-1) Spd30 Init0 R0 F-1 W0 Thieves' tools(25 gp), gloves, Scissors, Awl, Chain10' 60cp (Find secret doors+1) Common
GROUP B
Mr. Hammon
(l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Sack of night soil, 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc13(+1) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(2pair), 28cp (Turn unholy+1) Common


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Wilbury, recovering from the attack, points out "my second wife used to hit me with a pan just like this.." indicating a broad, flat pan with long handle. He's strictly got kitchen ware, though I suppose a fire poker could make a fair weapon (like a mace). 5 silver, but might degrade through repeated use as a weapon.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
So, again, some days pass.

The town is worried about the strange attacks. What could they mean? Has the town been cursed? Is something worse about to happen? The rumors and speculation are flying...

Some gatherers come tearing back into town one day. They are bloodied and covered in scratches, panicked, but alive. They describe being attacked by toothy grub-like things the size of cats. They saw the things come out in a line from a cleft in the rock face of a hillock up in the woods. They think as they managed to out run the little monsters, that they must have scattered into the woods in search of easier prey.

But maybe this is where the other monstrosities have come from, as well...

It bears looking into.

I'll give you time to spend extra money you may have, or anything else you want to undertake to get ready, and then we'll see about that hillock

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Moving on.

At this point, I"m assuming all of your remaining Zeroes are with you. No guts, no glory...


You troop up into the woods, following the directions given you by the gatherers, themselves too afraid to guide you. You find the spot where they saw the creatures emerge and proceed with caution to get a look at it closely.

There is a cleft in the rock face of a small hill. It cuts back sharply, blocking any view of the inside, and you carefully enter the cleft. After a short natural formation big enough to let you enter is a metal panel, smooth and shaped like a trapezoid. It is 5 feet wide at the base, three feet wide at the top and 7 feet high overall.

As you approach it, it splits in two down the middle and the two panels whisk away into the rock with a 'ssswissssh' sound. Beyond is a room of metal, perhaps something like 30 feet square with a ceiling over 10 feet high. A few stray smudges of mud or something like it mark the floor, but the walls are clean and burnished.

Nearly all of you have entered when suddenly the wall to the right swings around on a center pivot until it's left and right sides have changed places! Entering the room with this sweeping wall is a vast mass of what looks like gelatinous compost with long, ropey tendrils writhing above it...!

The door into this metal room begins to close -- not near enough time to get everyone out, maybe time for the stragglers to enter!

The disgusting mass flows outward reach across roughly 10' of the floor, though it maintains contact with the wall it came in with. The tendrils reach outward to the party....


What. Do. You. Do?

[I don't think we need initiatives at this point.]

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 372
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
Presently, Mordecai tries to calm the gathered militia with a prayer to the Mountainlord for strength. Holding his hallowed hammer symbol to his chest, he motions for them to huddle against the opposite wall (by the door?) and he begins to chant with his staff outstretched before them defensively.
Lyle begins searching for a way to open the door that just closed, poking and prodding anything like a keyhole or mechanism with his thieves tools
Roll needed? Find secret doors is +1, INT is -1, if relevant
Mr. Hammon scoops a trowelful of nightsoil from his sack and flings it across the room toward the creature, watching its reaction.
Att-1=13
Would a gong farmer have any professional knowledge of gelatinous cubes, otyughs, etc. from sewer work?

_________________

GROUP A
Smilin' Lyle
(c) barber
Str8(-1) Agi10(0) Sta8(-1) Per10(0) Int7(-1) Luc13(+1) AC10 HP1 Razor-1(1d4-1) Spd30 Init0 R0 F-1 W0 Thieves' tools(25 gp), gloves, Scissors, Awl, Chain10' 60cp (Find secret doors+1) Common
GROUP B
Mr. Hammon
(l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Sack of night soil, 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc13(+1) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(2pair), 28cp (Turn unholy+1) Common


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 21
FLGS: Game Empire
My fault, I was still on pg. 2. Didn't realize there was a pg. 3.

Init: 12(if necessary)

Deepwell, with his "shield" held in front of him, will try to sneak around to the back wall, behind the creature. He is looking for something of interest to "hold for safe keeping", or a switch to reverse the wall.

Crit his stealth check. 15 for perception.

Ray is going to attack one of the tendrils. 6 to hit(5 damage).

Rockla would like to use her Dwarven Ability to see if she notices anything down here(she rolled a 1...). She is also preparing to knuckle up the same tendril as Ray.

How many tendrils are there? Can we see anything in the mass of compost?

Nate is going to try to make it out the door. Rolled a 17 agility. Rolled a 4 luck(not sure what is needed).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 20
FLGS: Game Craze
Init: 3

Rurik and Wilbure will attack a Tendril
Rurik: Hit - 17, Dam 2
Wilbure Hit - 14, Dam 4

Okar will take this round to light a torch, hoping that the heat will drive back the tendrils.

Carmac will look around to see what may have opened the door that the blob is attached to. PER: 11

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12, Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11, Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
Bundy & Chip stare at the oozing thing coming from the wall, the all metal room was a suprise as it didnt seem to be any kind of archtecture they had experiance of..

"Oh it be one a them..!" Chip exclaims
"Nah it ta other" Bundy asserted confidently
"Ha' ye got any of the thingamebob?"
"Nae, ha you?"
"Nae..."
"Booger, better swat with the it an' hope fer the best cousin"
"Right ye are then!"
The Two dwarfs cop to it. Bundy digs out his flint and steel and hastily tries to light one of his cousins torches... Neither had expected to need it right away...

Rodney was lurking near the door wisely lettin ghte underground folks and labourers take a look first before going in to check their work as Grampa had said he should. When suddenly the damn door began to close.

For a moment he hesitated a part of him quite willing to leave them to it but the look in his Grampa's eye after he told of the incident with the dog think made him dive inside with suprising agility! Not all monsters had three heads or no eyes!

Coming to his feet he saw the gelatinous mess writhing away towards the group. His eye took on a terrible Aspic and he drew his unlucky sword once more...

"der d' de die!" he yodled...

OOCMaybe this time..? 13 to hit, 7 damage if thats good enough.. C'mon you usless Rupert do something! I gotta repost my updated Cha sheet with a couple of common things added but pdfs can be a bugger to edit stay tuned. LOL Ninja'd by dsmith great minds think alike

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:39 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Two major things happen at once.

As five of you charge the disgusting mass, it heaves up, as if taking in a huge breath, it's tendrils flailing.

Rurik, Wilbure, Ray, Rockla and Rodney all rush in to bludgeon and stab at the thing, as it does this. Lyle is nearby, trying desperately to keep the doors open.

The wall and the floor beneath them rapidly swings back again, and thus, they are all now BEHIND THE WALL WITH THE THING!


At the same moment that the wall swings, the OTHER HALF OF THE FLOOR IN THE ROOM DROPS AWAY!

Deepwell, Mordecai, Carmac, Mr, Hammon, Okar, Bundy and Chip all fall through space… Each of you needs to make a Luck check vs. a DC 10. Failing this check you take 1 hp of damage in the fall.


Nate is a special case… Nate manages to twist himself ~just so~ as Lyle struggles with the door and slips back out through them before they close. He is now outside the room, hearing the screams and shouts of his friends.

We will come back to Nate.


BEHIND THE WALL, you've managed to kill the thing in your rush as the wall swept you up, so there's no immediate, obvious danger. I am not sure you have a light source going, but do correct me if I'm wrong. If there are demi-humans behind the wall, they can make things out a big with their infravision, so there's that… Let me know if any behind the wall are halflings, etc.


THE FALLING FOLK land in another room, looking very much like the first one. The difference here is that there are three doors (say N, E, and S). The light filtering down here from above is fading rapidly, as the floor which fell away and dropped you is rising again and closing off the slim ray of light from the outside. I know Chip and Bundy had a torch about to light, and Okar did as well -- but the fall extinguished the nascent flames -- so they may get on with re-lighting, if the fall has left them able.


SO
We have now two groups, plus Nate. The group behind the wall is GROUP A, and the group who fell are GROUP B. I believe things so happened that everyone has someone in each group. Track or mark your characters accordingly.

We will proceed by paying attention to one group for a bit, and then switch back and see what the other group is up to…

We will start with GROUP A. Let me know where we stand with light and/or infravision (pretty sure there's a dwarf there) and we'll carry on…




Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
Would a gong farmer have any professional knowledge of gelatinous cubes, otyughs, etc. from sewer work?

The thing was absolutely unique and outside a gong farmer's ken. He did hit it with the night soil as it turns out, but who can say what the effect was, given the chaos that followed…?


StoneShield33 wrote:
Rockla would like to use her Dwarven Ability to see if she notices anything down here(she rolled a 1...). She is also preparing to knuckle up the same tendril as Ray.

Dwarves at Level Zero get a 20' move and infravision. It's part of the abstraction that makes running 20 characters through an adventure workable. On the other hand, any weapon a Zero picks up, they are considered proficient, because it'd be a complete pain to deal with if they weren't (they have it hard enough as it is).


dsmith14469 wrote:
Carmac will look around to see what may have opened the door that the blob is attached to. PER: 11

The blob was up against the wall, the entirety of the wall swung around. If you've ever seen the "put the candle BACK" scene from Young Frankenstein, it's like that but on a much larger scale. The thing was merely resting against the wall when it swung around.


Ducaster wrote:
C'mon you usless Rupert do something!

Rupert certainly and solidly hit this time. : )

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 372
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
GROUP A
Lyle has no special vision nor light sources

GROUP B
For when it matters:
Mr. Hammon: Luck+1=9, (5hp remain) extra Luck for falling with an open sack of nightsoil:+1=14 :mrgreen:
Mordecai: Luck+1=12

_________________

GROUP A
Smilin' Lyle
(c) barber
Str8(-1) Agi10(0) Sta8(-1) Per10(0) Int7(-1) Luc13(+1) AC10 HP1 Razor-1(1d4-1) Spd30 Init0 R0 F-1 W0 Thieves' tools(25 gp), gloves, Scissors, Awl, Chain10' 60cp (Find secret doors+1) Common
GROUP B
Mr. Hammon
(l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Sack of night soil, 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc13(+1) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(2pair), 28cp (Turn unholy+1) Common


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:46 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 20
FLGS: Game Craze
Group A:
Rurik - Dwarf
Wilbure - no light source available

Group B:
Carmac: Luck +1 = 14
Okar: Luck = 12 will relight the torch

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12, Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11, Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 21
FLGS: Game Empire
Group A:
Rockla is a Dwarf
Ray is not

Group B:

Deepwell takes a point of damage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 21
FLGS: Game Empire
Rockla rolls a 11 for perception.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
OOC:
A= Rodney Human Klutz No light sand he actually has a Broadsword...
B= Dwarf & Dwarf (Swearing sulphurous as they fall)

Luck rolls: Bundy 11 Chip 13 - Whew considering both have 1 Hp...

Updated the Pdf in my Sig Boss

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
GROUP A

The dwarfs here can see well enough to get some torches going... Their infravision reveals a roughly circular, cavernous space, about 40 feet across to the far wall. The only flooring is the section of floor "from the room" that rotated to this side with you. Beyond that there is a drop, no telling how far it is -- infravision just won't read that far since everything in here is cold, but it's at least 40 feet down.

Once the torches are lit, picture an approximately cylindrical chimney that you're inside of and you're near the top (no opening above). The ceiling is 15 feet above your head, you've got a 15' by 20+' ledge (the floor section) and then the chimney extends down further than your torchlight will reveal (at least 60' or so, once your eyes adjust).

The walls are especially craggy, looking like they've been shaped by exposure to flowing acid (naturally occurring?).




Discuss, ask questions, and let me know what GROUP A is going to do...

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 372
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
Lyle searches the wall for the mechanism... INT-1=2...and failing that, lays out the 10'chain.
Lyle: "Think this'll be handy fer the climb? Could link a couple o' the less...er...climby... blokes t'gether, fer safety an' all that rot, yea?"

_________________

GROUP A
Smilin' Lyle
(c) barber
Str8(-1) Agi10(0) Sta8(-1) Per10(0) Int7(-1) Luc13(+1) AC10 HP1 Razor-1(1d4-1) Spd30 Init0 R0 F-1 W0 Thieves' tools(25 gp), gloves, Scissors, Awl, Chain10' 60cp (Find secret doors+1) Common
GROUP B
Mr. Hammon
(l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Sack of night soil, 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc13(+1) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(2pair), 28cp (Turn unholy+1) Common


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 21
FLGS: Game Empire
Is the tendril creature's corpse with us? If so, Ray would like to see if there is anything salvageable on it. 10 int. 6 luck.

Rockla would like to use her Dwarven ability to try to learn more about their surroundings. 10 int + Dwarven ability. She would like to throw something into the hole to see if she can hear it land.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
StoneShield33 wrote:
Is the tendril creature's corpse with us? If so, Ray would like to see if there is anything salvageable on it. 10 int. 6 luck.

Rockla would like to use her Dwarven ability to try to learn more about their surroundings. 10 int + Dwarven ability. She would like to throw something into the hole to see if she can hear it land.

The corpse is indeed with you. Its flesh is like a sponge that's soaked up a bog. Little slugs and water bugs slip and scurry across it's horrid skin as you prod at it... It smells bad, and seems to have no objects at all upon it's surface.

As for dwarf abilities... Demi-humans don't get the full range of their "Leveled" abilities at Level Zero (see page 21). I may be able to give you some info, depending on what Rockla does, e.g. throwing a stray rock into the "pit"... I don't see mushroom farmers as dealing with such depths or having particular familiarity with "terminal velocity" and such things, but it takes far longer for you to hear the sound of it hitting bottom than you might have expected. Could it be 100' deep? Or 120'??

The craggy walls ain't talking.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Last edited by GnomeBoy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 pm 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Posts: 21
FLGS: Game Empire
I will be out of town until Wednesday night. I will try to post while I'm gone but unsure of how much time or service I will be provided. Loving the adventure and hate to possibly step away at such an crucial time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 20
FLGS: Game Craze
Rurik "I have a rope but is there anything we can tie it too, also it does not look like 50' will be of much use"

Wilbure speaks up "I have a spike, can we pound it into the floor?"

Rurik "Maybe there is an opening under the ledge that we can't see. Any volunteers?"

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12, Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11, Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Travelling the Otherworld
FLGS: Athena Games Norwich.
Rodney silently observes the group for a moment rubbing a sore spot on his head from when he fell.

Once he felt as steady as he was going to be he sheathed his sword and cautiously peer over the ledge looking at the chasm. Shaken at what he sees he backs away from the edge and presses his back against the wall...

OOC: Sorry was out all yesterday! Basically while he is gazing at the deep unknown does he see any sort of pathway they could us IF (ah say IF!!) they cant get back to their fellows?

I suppose it too much to hope that as he cowers against a wall the thing swivels back to where the other guys were is it :)

_________________
{Standard Disclaimer} If it was mentioned already and I missed it, please put this down to my advanced age and senility rather than discourtesy!
My DCC games work site is here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/?page_id=1869 Use my forum name here as the Password
Mutatis Mundi Game Cha sheet here http://www.dcc.aweninspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/MMdcc_character_sheet_13.4.18.pdf


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 372
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
Lyle: " Outa dangle someone who can see in the dark over the edge- see what he can. Me? I wanna try scalin' down the wall there, me. We c'n s'cure ourselves t'gether wit da rope, an this."
He holds out the length of chain, with a smile that should already begin to irritate some a little.

_________________

GROUP A
Smilin' Lyle
(c) barber
Str8(-1) Agi10(0) Sta8(-1) Per10(0) Int7(-1) Luc13(+1) AC10 HP1 Razor-1(1d4-1) Spd30 Init0 R0 F-1 W0 Thieves' tools(25 gp), gloves, Scissors, Awl, Chain10' 60cp (Find secret doors+1) Common
GROUP B
Mr. Hammon
(l) gongfarmer
Str14(+1) Agi13(+1) Sta16(+2) Per11(0) Int13(+1) Luc15(+1) AC11 HP6 Trowel+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init1 R1 F2 W1 Flask(3 cp), gloves, Sack of night soil, 41cp (W+1) Common, Law
Brother Mordecai (l) beadle
Str14(+1) Agi8(-1) Sta8(-1) Per15(+1) Int8(-1) Luc13(+1) AC9 HP3 Staff+1(1d4+1) Spd30 Init-1 R-1 F-1 W1 Flask, Holy Symbol, gloves(2pair), 28cp (Turn unholy+1) Common


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 am 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3291
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Ducaster wrote:
I suppose it too much to hope that as he cowers against a wall the thing swivels back to where the other guys were is it :)

:lol: Yes.



dsmith14469 wrote:
Rurik "I have a rope but is there anything we can tie it too, also it does not look like 50' will be of much use"

Wilbure speaks up "I have a spike, can we pound it into the floor?"

Rurik "Maybe there is an opening under the ledge that we can't see. Any volunteers?"

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
Lyle: " ...Me? I wanna try scalin' down the wall there, me...."


The rock walls, at least as far as can be easily seen, are very uneven and craggy, covered in crevices and fissures.

It would be little work to get a spike lodged in the rock in any number of spots.

It looks very climbable, in and of itself.

...at least as far as you can see....

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7 • AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11 • AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9 • AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10 • AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am 
Offline
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Posts: 20
FLGS: Game Craze
Rurik "Doesn't look like that door is going to open up again any time soon." he ties the rope around his waist and hands it off to the group. "Lets see what we can see" He start climbing down the wall. (Rurik is a dwarf with infravision)

_________________
Rurik, dwarven rat-catcher AC11, HP4, STR 9, AG 13 (+1), STA 11, PER 8 (-1), INT 9, LUCK 12, Club +0(1d4)
Carmac, cobbler AC10, HP3, STR 14 (+1), AG 9, STA 9, PER 14 (+1), INT 14 (+1), LUCK 9, Awl +1(1d4+1) MARKED
Wilbure, turnip farmer AC11, HP3, STR 13 (+1), AG 14 (+1), STA 15 (+1), PER 11, INT 5 (-2), LUCK 6 (-1), Pitchfork +1(1d8+1)
Okar, grave digger AC10, HP1, STR 10, AG 10, STA 6 (-1), PER 9, INT 9, LUCK 11, Shovel +0(1d4)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group