Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Next Round
Blackthorn 20
Eye Beast 12
Arvis 12
Beega 12
Duke 12
Havarth 12
Lucius 12
Qort 11
Nurzual 6
Cyber Zombies 6
Toby 4
Kelven 4
Brandybland 2

When Blackthorn hits rune 5, the death ray powers on again. As soon as he touches rune 2, a deadly beam of dark energy launches from the device. (Ages ago when you thought were were going to shoot this thing, you did roll a natural 20. Let's just apply that roll here :) ) The beam sears through the Eye Beast ship with such force that the front of the vessel falls off.

The Eye Beasts, definitely surprised by the sudden firepower you've acquired, begin to turn their ship away. They detatch the hooks line from their ship, but there are still two that were on the front of the ship. You are, at the moment, towing a small chunk of the Eye Beast ship.

Arvis's shoddy attack embarrasses his tribe.

Havarth misses his mark.
Beega's large hand passes through the Eye Beast vessel. Apparently you can only influence the Ythothian ship! The ship is now beneath you, with the shadow of the pedestal cast across the deck.

Duke learns a vital lesson about casting spells.

Lucius whirls about like a tornado.

Qort continues to be unable to detect magic, a sad state of affairs for a caster.

Nurzual's spell has the Green Sun Mercurial Effect: Purpletone! "When this spell is cast, a giant spectral worm passes through the caster, leaving him covered in purple ectoplasmic goo. Fortunately, rubbing it into the skin prevents damage from the weirdling sun for 24 hours." He also readies his chain.

Swiping blindly, one of the Cyber Zombies lashes at GIANT TOBY. Fortunately, he rolls a 3 to hit and is unable to damage the mighty Giant. The second one flails at nothing. The one that fell and discharged his energy seems to be inert.

GIANT Toby leaves combat to disengage a hook. Using his mighty strength, he is successful! Now only one hook attaches the ship hunk to yours.

Kelven is near the final hook. It seems to be made of a sort of hair-fiber braided like normal rope, but from an alien source. It is thick and would take you 2 rounds to saw through, or you can attempt a strength check to pull it free. I'll let you insert your action here!

Brandybland drops down into the lower deck. It is very dark down here, but through the gaping hole in the side of the ship, you can see Kelven admiring a grappling hook.

What will you do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
inserted action:
Kelven leans precariously out of the hole in the ship and starts slicing the rope with his sword, oblivious to the fact that the enemy ship is fractured and turning away...


Are we under threat from anything we know of other than the two zombie creatures right now?


Giant-size Toby back hands the zombie thing pestering him.
Atk: 17!
Damage: 6 (rolled a d4 for hand-to-hand damage and added the +4 from size)

Havarth and Lucius try to catch the remaining zombie between them! "For Zikcub--" "--and Verlore!"
H Atk: 10
L Atk: 2

And so it goes.

Kelven keeps cutting, unless Brandybland interrupts him...

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

Runes:https://i.imgur.com/xGUofHk.jpg
RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Are we under threat from anything we know of other than the two zombie creatures right now?


Nope!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 336
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
TerraGoetia wrote:
Beega's large hand passes through the Eye Beast vessel. Apparently you can only influence the Ythothian ship! The ship is now beneath you, with the shadow of the pedestal cast across the deck.

Hmm- the shadow is on the ship?
Beega will attempt to move the pedestal onto the ship...somehow! Check needed?

Arvis grits his teeth and stabs at the foe to regain the glory of his tribe...
Atk: 2+3=5...but is apparently to angry after his fumble to swing a blade effectively!
:roll: lol :mrgreen:

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper/Grub
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta13/15(+1) Per11/12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP15 att+1 1d10/III flint knife(x2)+3(1d4+2) or club+1(1d6) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W+0
chest w/ flask, mushroom bits(x4), ebon fruit, hand-sized mirror, thick leather & ink (att w/spear, javelin, axe+2;att&dmg w/flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Butcher (l) kith stonecutter/Grub
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP10 att+1 1d10/II stone axe-1(1d6-2) or flint spear-1(1d8-2) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W-1
stone tools, empty flask, large sack w/Ythothian head, Hag's head, hagflesh Planetary Common

Wilderness Survivor+1, Force of Will burn d2
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 204
Qort attempts once more to Detect Magic. He rolls a modified 10, but has yet to learn the harsh lesson of Deity Disapproval, so he'll likely continue the attempts.

Nurzual moves his chain-dragging force platform past the remaining zombie in hopes of distracting it.

Brandybland sees Kelven trying to cut the rope. If it looks like there's room for her to reach past with her glaive and help saw, she'll do so.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:
TerraGoetia wrote:
Beega's large hand passes through the Eye Beast vessel. Apparently you can only influence the Ythothian ship! The ship is now beneath you, with the shadow of the pedestal cast across the deck.

Hmm- the shadow is on the ship?
Beega will attempt to move the pedestal onto the ship...somehow! Check needed?

Intelligence or Luck.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 336
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
Beega rolls a 2 on that Luck check! Unless this is a roll-under check, 2 may just be the lonliest number now, haha... :mrgreen:

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper/Grub
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta13/15(+1) Per11/12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP15 att+1 1d10/III flint knife(x2)+3(1d4+2) or club+1(1d6) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W+0
chest w/ flask, mushroom bits(x4), ebon fruit, hand-sized mirror, thick leather & ink (att w/spear, javelin, axe+2;att&dmg w/flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Butcher (l) kith stonecutter/Grub
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP10 att+1 1d10/II stone axe-1(1d6-2) or flint spear-1(1d8-2) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W-1
stone tools, empty flask, large sack w/Ythothian head, Hag's head, hagflesh Planetary Common

Wilderness Survivor+1, Force of Will burn d2
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 101
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Blackthorn hits rune 5 to save the batteries on our new toy and tries to move to help in the ongoing combat onboard. He attempts to hide in shadows as he enters the bridge 5+4=9 (glad at least one of these guys is blind)

Duke burns a point of strength to regain a lost spell and tries sleep again. 17+3=20 and puts up to 4 targets into a natural sleep for 5 hours (if they are susceptible).

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 204
Judge Blackthorn wrote:
Duke burns a point of strength to regain a lost spell and tries sleep again.


I always forget this rule!

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Bilgewriggler wrote:
Judge Blackthorn wrote:
Duke burns a point of strength to regain a lost spell and tries sleep again.

I always forget this rule!

Out of nothing but sheer curiosity, are handling this as:

1) The point burnt brings the spell back for one casting, regardless of the result of that casting.
OR
B) The point burnt returns the spell to the wizard's 'suite' for the day...?

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

Runes:https://i.imgur.com/xGUofHk.jpg
RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
I think option 1 makes the most sense. The rules say you can "cast the spell as if [you] still had it." Not that you actually regained the spell. So when you do the burn, you get one shot at the spell.

I'd like to see spellburn be roleplayed. Cut yourself to infuse the spell with your blood. Make oaths to dark beings, do something that shows the other players "this caster is seriously suffering for this spell."

I'll also note that two updates ago, this happened:
"Nurzual manages to blind the only unblinded Cyber Zombie. You note that it failed both saves, but seems immune to being unconscious."
Sleep isn't going to effect these undead robotic creatures. Would you like to take back the action and do something else?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 336
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
TerraGoetia wrote:
...Would you like to take back the action and do something else?

I'd like to take back those 1's and 2's I rolled and roll something else, haha

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper/Grub
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta13/15(+1) Per11/12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP15 att+1 1d10/III flint knife(x2)+3(1d4+2) or club+1(1d6) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W+0
chest w/ flask, mushroom bits(x4), ebon fruit, hand-sized mirror, thick leather & ink (att w/spear, javelin, axe+2;att&dmg w/flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Butcher (l) kith stonecutter/Grub
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP10 att+1 1d10/II stone axe-1(1d6-2) or flint spear-1(1d8-2) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W-1
stone tools, empty flask, large sack w/Ythothian head, Hag's head, hagflesh Planetary Common

Wilderness Survivor+1, Force of Will burn d2
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 101
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Duke was daydreaming of marching armies when all that was going in and would be blissfully unaware that the sprell was pointless. :)

To spell burn she forcefully exhalles a portion of her eternal soul draining a fraction of the strength from her limbs and Leaving the scent of almond liquor and the sweet taste of lead on the breeze.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
TerraGoetia wrote:
I think option 1 makes the most sense.

FWIW, when I'm Judge, that's my take on it as well.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

Runes:https://i.imgur.com/xGUofHk.jpg
RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Next Round
Blackthorn 20
Arvis 12
Beega 12
Duke 12
Havarth 12
Lucius 12
Qort 11
Nurzual 6
Cyber Zombies 6
Toby 4
Kelven 4
Brandybland 2

Blackthorn runs into the shadows, unsure if the Cyber Zombies can detect him.

Arvis misses the mark!

Beega attempts to drop the pedestal onto the ship, but isn't able to focus on both the pedestal and the ship at the same time! The ship descends towards the surface of the Purple Planet! (Those on the ship will fall on a d20 roll of 8 or less).

Duke's sleep spell is successful, but she is unable to knock out the Cyber Zombies. Perhaps they are unable to sleep? Duke is unable to steady herself as the ship descends, and she falls to the ground (roll of 1).

Havarth misses his attack. He stumbles to his knees as the ship descends quickly towards the Purple Planet (roll of 8 ).

Lucius swings as the ship descends, and tumbles onto the Cyber Zombie! This knocks both of them down with Lucius on top (roll of 5).

Qort goes down in history as the least successful caster. Qort remains firm and does not fall (roll of 14)!

Nurzual's chain moves past the remaining standing zombie (the fallen one is under Lucius and the third is defeated)! Nurzual falls backwards and lands on their back (roll of 5).

The Cyber Zombie under Lucius attempts to bite him: attack roll = 2. The standing zombie lunges at the chain behind him. While he does manage to bite it, it has no effect on the chain. He remains standing (roll of 11).

Toby back-hands the standing Cyber Zombie in the back of the head! You sense that the zombie is near-death and another hit may cause it to discharge its power. Toby stands strong as the ship falls towards the Purple Planet (roll of 15).

Kelven and Brandybland together slice through the rope. The debris floats peacefully in space as your ship begins falling towards the Purple Planet. Kelven avoids falling into the Ether of space (roll of 14).
Brandybland also avoids falling out into space (roll of 9).

What will you do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 101
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Blackthorn, blissfully unaware of the danger involved in dealing a deathblow to these creatures attempts to sneak through shadows and backstab the final standing foe. He rolls 17+4 for the sneak roll. If he can get close enough he strikes with a backstab 16. If thats a hit he scored a critical 9 damage + kidney strike 3+3+1 doing a total of 16 damage and leaving the for stunned for 1 round.

Duke decideds that her best option to not fall again is to not stand back up and crawls towards the wall for some stability. "I'm ready to get off this thing”

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 336
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
I'm guessing the zomborg by Arvis is ganked, so he will try to pull Lucius off the last one, step back with him in tow, and chuck a knife into it at a short range...
Att:16+3=19, dmg:2+2=4
Beega murmurs a silent prayer to the ancestors and wills himself to the ship again...
Luck:18
where have THESE rolls been hiding? Lol

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper/Grub
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta13/15(+1) Per11/12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP15 att+1 1d10/III flint knife(x2)+3(1d4+2) or club+1(1d6) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W+0
chest w/ flask, mushroom bits(x4), ebon fruit, hand-sized mirror, thick leather & ink (att w/spear, javelin, axe+2;att&dmg w/flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Butcher (l) kith stonecutter/Grub
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP10 att+1 1d10/II stone axe-1(1d6-2) or flint spear-1(1d8-2) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W-1
stone tools, empty flask, large sack w/Ythothian head, Hag's head, hagflesh Planetary Common

Wilderness Survivor+1, Force of Will burn d2
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Giant-Size Toby attempts to simply push the zombie off the edge of the ship, into the aether...
Atk: 21! (That's a natural 17, plus size mods)
Effect: Adjudicate as you see fit...

Lucius rolls off the zombie and away from it. He attempts to hurl his club at the thing so the maybe it will expire with no one near...
Atk: rolled a 16 on a d20
...and take it from here Judge TG!

Havarth, frustrated, tries one more time to jab the zombie at the maximum distance his glaive will allow:
Atk: 17!
Dam: 5

Kelven is shaken by the 'falling' of the ship and stares wide eyed for a moment at the fragment as it drifts away. "Thank you, Bandyband. Well done. Now I wonder if there's anything interesting in this crate...."

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

Runes:https://i.imgur.com/xGUofHk.jpg
RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 204
Nurzual will remain on the ground until things steady themselves. If the chain-biting zombie is still alive on his initiative, he will attempt to maneuver the disk in circles around the thing, hopefully paying out a ring of chain around its feet where it might trip over it.

Qort stubbornly attempts to Detect Magic again. A natural 9 minus 1 equals 8, failure but not disapproval.

"This seems to be very difficult!" he muses. "I hope I didn't pick the wrong profession ..."

Brandybland will ask Kelven, "Should I try prying it open with my glaive?"

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Kelven: "Glaive? That would be marvelous, thank you!"

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

Runes:https://i.imgur.com/xGUofHk.jpg
RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 204
With Kelven's encouragement, Brandybland attempts to work the glaive's blade into the seam of the crate and lever it open. On the grounds that this process is not entirely different from prying the sole off a broken shoe or perhaps even using a shoehorn, her d20 roll for a skill check is a 12.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Sorry for the delay! December is very busy for me. Deadlines are looming. Expect an update tomorrow evening when I can dedicate some time.

NOTICE: I will be out of town (and away from my PC) from the 20th to the 2nd of January. I may be able to get Internet access, but it's probably best to put the game on recess for the holidays at that time.

OPINIONS NEEDED: Do you want the game to take place more in a space-faring environment, or do you want to stay restricted to one planet for the time being?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
TerraGoetia wrote:
OPINIONS NEEDED: Do you want the game to take place more in a space-faring environment, or do you want to stay restricted to one planet for the time being?

I feel like we barely scratched the surface of that planet... but spacefaring sounds fun, too. Who knows what space is shaped like...? Maybe we'll circle back to the Purple Planet before we know it!

I'm good either way, with whatever you have the most interest to run.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Havarth • Cleric/Zikcub • Animal trainr • L
S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP12, R0 F1 W2
Glaive+0 1-10
Club+0 1-4
X' chain, sack
Bless, Dtct Ev, Prot fm Evil, Word oCmmnd

Lucius • Cleric/Verlore • Slave • N
S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP6, R0 F0 W2
Sword+1 _
Club+1 2-5
Hide armor, flint/steel, green stone, oil 1
Crit table +1
Dark, Holy Sanct, Resist Cold/Heat, Word o Cmmnd

Toby • Squire
S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, hp3, R0 F1 W1
Lg swrd+1 2-9
Scale armor, sack, helm, L’ rope, torch • Com, Chaos, Hobgob

Kelven • Smuggler
S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, hp2(4), In-1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword+1 _
Staff+1 or Sling -1 2-5
Scale armr, waterprf sack, L’ rope, torch, 39cp

Runes:https://i.imgur.com/xGUofHk.jpg
RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:43 am 
Offline
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 336
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville)
Wherever the story leads- and it's been great so far! I'd imagine the kith would welcome purple soil beneath thier feet again (unless they're outcastes now...) but the cold of space is no more or less alien than the planet to human eyes. That said, as none of us have space/sea-faring occupations, so it would be interesting to see how long we last in the phlogiston- especially with the state of the ship!

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper/Grub
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta13/15(+1) Per11/12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP15 att+1 1d10/III flint knife(x2)+3(1d4+2) or club+1(1d6) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W+0
chest w/ flask, mushroom bits(x4), ebon fruit, hand-sized mirror, thick leather & ink (att w/spear, javelin, axe+2;att&dmg w/flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Butcher (l) kith stonecutter/Grub
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP10 att+1 1d10/II stone axe-1(1d6-2) or flint spear-1(1d8-2) Spd30 Init0 R+1 F+2 W-1
stone tools, empty flask, large sack w/Ythothian head, Hag's head, hagflesh Planetary Common

Wilderness Survivor+1, Force of Will burn d2
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:57 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 204
All else being 100% equal, I'd really like to explore the Purple Planet some more. However, if a spacefaring direction will be easier or appeals more to your creativity, then let's go that route. I'll have fun either way, but I think campaigns tend to be most entertaining when the Judge follows her or his inspiration.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group