Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Next Round
Monster (Near Qort), Blackthorn, Qort, Gnomeboy, Fenris, Bilgewriggler

As the Kith hag strikes at Qort, the strekleon lunges between the two of you, taking the blow for you.

Attack roll: 14+3=17. Damage 4+3=7.

The beast gives its life for yours. Such companionship is rare on the Purple Planet. The party hears the yelping of the wolf-like strekleon as it falls. There's definitely something suspicious happening down the corridor.

Duke and Blackthorn continue smiling at the Kith, with Havarth, Kelven, Lucius, and Toby pausing cautiously. Meanwhile Qort is able to escape from the Hag and is concealed along the wall.

The Kith move backward into a back-to-back defensive stance. Kolo and Beega do not see anything yet, but the sound of a dying strekleon's yelp tests their nerve.

Jingles tries to ask the Kith about the outside (perhaps, how to escape this place?) while Brandybland prepares for the worst.


Fenris, your characters don't have enough sensory info to know what the sea hag is. When you do see it, this info will be pertinent:

The Ascended Masters are the remains of the Kith's ruling class. Treated by the Kith as divine beings, the Ascended Masters developed ways to survive the death of their world. Some are clouds of smoke, or heads in jars, or complex androids. In trying to reach immortality, many Ascended Masters practiced cruel experiments. It's likely that this hag abomination is left over from that time in your people's history. It is a mockery of the true Ascended Masters, and should be destroyed.

We'll stay in combat rounds, as Qort's hiding means the creature may very well come your way soon!

What will you do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 161
Qort holds his breath, frozen flat against the wall.

My other characters' actions will depend on the actions of everyone between them and the sea hag.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink F 1/2ling $lender N
S 12 A 10 S 10 P 13 (+1) I 13 (+1) L 10
AC 10 HP 4 Mov 20 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Wood Sword +0 (1d8) - Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 225cp
Infravis 1/2ling lang

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 4 Mov 30 Init -1 Ref -1 Fort 0 Will 0
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, green stone shard, 59 cp
2h sword +0(1d10)
dagger (p)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr N
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 2 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort -1 Will -2
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk/shared w Strekleon, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 289
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville), The Upkeep (Blue Ridge)
Darag slips between the kith ranks to investigate the sound of the dying strekleon as if by instinct.
Darag's stealth check: Agi=14
Arvis points in the direction of the room they fell into and says:
Arvis:"OW-ZIDE"
Beega and Kolo stare down the dark corridor after Darag ready to rush to her aid. Arvis watches the humans with increasing curiosity...

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta15(+1) Per12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP4 flint knife+2(1d4+2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will0
chest w/ shortsword, small hammer, flask, thick leather & ink (Att/dmg flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Whelp (l) kith stonecutter
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP3 stone axe-2(1d6-2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will-1
stone tools, large sack Planetary Common
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
club, flint spear, skin cloak, empty flask
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
mushroom bits(x4), hand-sized mirror, flint knife
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Last edited by Fenris Ulfhamr on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 59
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX
Blackthorn says "that doesnt sound... natural" he follows Darang down the hall, weapon drawn, and to his left. He pats him on the shoulder with his off hand as a sign that he intends to help. Duke follows a healthy distance behind providing torch light for the explorers.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Female - N - Trapper
STR 12 AGI 9 STA 9 PER 16 (+2) INT 17 (+2) LUK 14 (+1)
AC 14 - HP 1 - Mov 25 - Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will +2
Gladiator chain mail (+/-4) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp
+1 Spell Damage

Blackthorn - Male - N - Hunter
STR 9 AGI 13 STA 11 PER 7 (-1) INT 16 (+2) LUK 9 (burned down from 15)
AC 14 - HP 2 - Mov 25 - Init +1 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will -1
Gladiator scale mail (+/-3) Gladiator Two Handed Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp


Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear

Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood

Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 161
My characters will follow down the hall and try to kill anything scary they reach. Brandybland picks up the 2-handed sword first.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink F 1/2ling $lender N
S 12 A 10 S 10 P 13 (+1) I 13 (+1) L 10
AC 10 HP 4 Mov 20 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Wood Sword +0 (1d8) - Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 225cp
Infravis 1/2ling lang

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 4 Mov 30 Init -1 Ref -1 Fort 0 Will 0
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, green stone shard, 59 cp
2h sword +0(1d10)
dagger (p)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr N
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 2 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort -1 Will -2
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk/shared w Strekleon, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 289
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville), The Upkeep (Blue Ridge)
I hope my statement of intent before my actual initiative order didn't cause further confusion! I was trying to "talk out of turn" via emotes and gestures to relay the kith's attitudes of tenuous truce with the humans! Please allow this recap/edit of my actions to follow Gnome Boy's actions (unless he decides to break bad and do something crazy, lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Also, did Duke give the flint spear to the kith? If so, I'd like to equip it on Darag.

Darag prepares to investigate the sounds of the dying strekleon down the darkened passageway with Blackthorn, attempting to surprise whatever may have killed it. (her stealth check was 14) Beega and Kolo fall in line with the humans when they see that they are on the move, keeping wary eyes on their new companions. Arvis will pick up Moarbanez' remaining equipment and offer them to Nurzual, saying:
Arvis: :| "Þú geymir það sem þú drepur."

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta15(+1) Per12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP4 flint knife+2(1d4+2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will0
chest w/ shortsword, small hammer, flask, thick leather & ink (Att/dmg flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Whelp (l) kith stonecutter
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP3 stone axe-2(1d6-2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will-1
stone tools, large sack Planetary Common
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
club, flint spear, skin cloak, empty flask
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
mushroom bits(x4), hand-sized mirror, flint knife
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Fenris, what we've been doing during combat rounds is having all the party members give their actions, and then I process them all in the correct order. I thought it would help stop people from having to wait on each other as much.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 289
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville), The Upkeep (Blue Ridge)
TerraGoetia wrote:
Fenris, what we've been doing during combat rounds is having all the party members give their actions, and then I process them all in the correct order. I thought it would help stop people from having to wait on each other as much.

Ok, just making sure I was doing it right! :?

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta15(+1) Per12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP4 flint knife+2(1d4+2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will0
chest w/ shortsword, small hammer, flask, thick leather & ink (Att/dmg flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Whelp (l) kith stonecutter
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP3 stone axe-2(1d6-2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will-1
stone tools, large sack Planetary Common
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
club, flint spear, skin cloak, empty flask
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
mushroom bits(x4), hand-sized mirror, flint knife
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
You're good! Speech is a free action so you can talk whenever you want, as long as you don't deliver an entire speech.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 59
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX
(Duke did gift the spear to the Kith. I think we all kind of delayed actions until the Kith started to make a non threatening action (moving to check out the noise) and then joined them.)

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Female - N - Trapper
STR 12 AGI 9 STA 9 PER 16 (+2) INT 17 (+2) LUK 14 (+1)
AC 14 - HP 1 - Mov 25 - Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will +2
Gladiator chain mail (+/-4) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp
+1 Spell Damage

Blackthorn - Male - N - Hunter
STR 9 AGI 13 STA 11 PER 7 (-1) INT 16 (+2) LUK 9 (burned down from 15)
AC 14 - HP 2 - Mov 25 - Init +1 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will -1
Gladiator scale mail (+/-3) Gladiator Two Handed Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp


Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear

Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood

Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Let's assume Fenris took it, since that seems to be the direction he intended to go.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Waiting to see what Gnomeboy is doing this round.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3128
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
I decide break bad and do something crazy... :mrgreen:

No, on second thought

Kelven pitches his flask out to slide it across the floor to the feet of the Kith. He then mimes opening it, and drinking from it.

He murmurs out the side of his mouth, "Either they'll like it and be friendly, or maybe it'll get them drunk and they'll be easier to fight."

Toby makes a face, clearly against this idea, but what's done is done.

Havarth sees the flask skid up to the Kith and let's them have it with a shrug.

_________________
Gnome Boy (aka "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Kelven • Smuggler • L • S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, HP4, Mv 30, In -1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword +1 _
Staff +1 or Sling -1 1d4+1
Scale, Flask, waterproof sack, 50’ rope, torch, 21 cp

Toby • Squire • C • S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, HP3, Mv 30, In 0, R0 F1 W1
Longsword +1 1d8+1
Scale, Lg sack, steel helmet, 50’ rope, torch • Common, Chaos, Hobgoblin

Havarth • Animal trainer • L • S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP1 (of 4), Mv 30, In 0, R0 F0 W1
Glaive +0 1d10
Club +0 1d4
Chain 10', pony, lg sack, 18 cp

Lucius • Slave • N • S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP1, Mv 30, In 0, R0 F-1 W1
Sword +1 _
Flint Dagger +1 [thrown]
Club +1 1d4+1
Hide, Flint/steel, strange rock, oil (1)
Crit table +1

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by a tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Next Round
Monster, Blackthorn, Qort, Gnomeboy, Fenris, Bilgewriggler

The Kith sea hag surges down the hallway, aroused by Qort and search for prey. She does not manage to find him, and moves down the hallway. Her full movement takes her to the archway of the sand trap room. She sees the light from your party's torches, smiling at the prospect of her next meal.

Qort hides for his very life... successfully!

Blackthorn and Bilgewriggler's characters follow along with Darag, Brega, and Kolo. Meanwhile Kelven tries to get the Kith to enjoy some spirits. (I don't think I saw your characters moving along? You can correct me if they are). The hag is 40 feet down the hallway. It's not looking directly at you; maybe it's unused to the bright light of your torch?


What will you do?

(Sorry if my updates are not as fast as usual, I'm kind of worn out with grad school and work; I will keep going as best we can, I love the way you all interact and it's a great game so far).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 161
So I think the setup is this:
........................................
........................................
Sand trap room xx hag xx|.....
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|.....
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|.....
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|.....
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|.....
.......................|xxxxxxx Q|.....
.......................|xxxxxxx O|.....
.......................|xxxxxxx R|.....
.......................|xxxxxxx T|................
.......................|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.......................|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|.....
.......................|xxxxxxxxx|.....
.......................|xxxx party|.....
Mannequin Rm xxxxxxxx|.....


Qort will try to slip back around the corner, keeping flat to the wall. His sneaking this time is a fumble.

Nurzual will nod gratefully at the attempt to give him Moarbanez's loot, but grip his glaive with both hands and nod toward the disturbance down the hall, hoping to communicate that he has his hands full and wants to head toward the action.

He, Brandybland, and Jingles will move with the group toward the scary creature, since that direction seems the only way out.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink F 1/2ling $lender N
S 12 A 10 S 10 P 13 (+1) I 13 (+1) L 10
AC 10 HP 4 Mov 20 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Wood Sword +0 (1d8) - Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 225cp
Infravis 1/2ling lang

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 4 Mov 30 Init -1 Ref -1 Fort 0 Will 0
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, green stone shard, 59 cp
2h sword +0(1d10)
dagger (p)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr N
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 2 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort -1 Will -2
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk/shared w Strekleon, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
When I get off work I will update the map, zoom it in , and show where the party is. I feel like some visualization will help!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:57 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
If you need to make decisions before then, look at page 9. The post with sea hag image also has a link to a map. Consider the mannequin room to be room 2 1.

I will start including maps regularly as a player aid!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 161
Okay, I have my bearings now. With that visualization, I'll change Qort's action. He would just remain still exactly where he is.

My other characters will advance with the front line as I described before.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink F 1/2ling $lender N
S 12 A 10 S 10 P 13 (+1) I 13 (+1) L 10
AC 10 HP 4 Mov 20 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Wood Sword +0 (1d8) - Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 225cp
Infravis 1/2ling lang

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 4 Mov 30 Init -1 Ref -1 Fort 0 Will 0
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, green stone shard, 59 cp
2h sword +0(1d10)
dagger (p)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr N
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 2 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort -1 Will -2
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk/shared w Strekleon, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 59
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX
Blackthorn suggests the group keep their distance and let the hag cone to them. We can't close that distance And attack, but likely neither can it. He will wait until the Hag has moved to advance and attack.

Duke unsure of the nature and powers of such strange creatures continues to hold the torch at the back of the group, averting her eyes from the beast and keeping watch down the large stairway to the right when it becomes possible so that she can warn the party of any potential ambush from that direction.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Female - N - Trapper
STR 12 AGI 9 STA 9 PER 16 (+2) INT 17 (+2) LUK 14 (+1)
AC 14 - HP 1 - Mov 25 - Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will +2
Gladiator chain mail (+/-4) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp
+1 Spell Damage

Blackthorn - Male - N - Hunter
STR 9 AGI 13 STA 11 PER 7 (-1) INT 16 (+2) LUK 9 (burned down from 15)
AC 14 - HP 2 - Mov 25 - Init +1 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will -1
Gladiator scale mail (+/-3) Gladiator Two Handed Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp


Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear

Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood

Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 161
Nurzual to Blackthorn: Sound strategy, good sir!

Since my characters go after Blackthorn's, they form a defensive line with PC Blackthorn.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink F 1/2ling $lender N
S 12 A 10 S 10 P 13 (+1) I 13 (+1) L 10
AC 10 HP 4 Mov 20 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Wood Sword +0 (1d8) - Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 225cp
Infravis 1/2ling lang

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 4 Mov 30 Init -1 Ref -1 Fort 0 Will 0
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, green stone shard, 59 cp
2h sword +0(1d10)
dagger (p)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr N
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 2 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort -1 Will -2
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk/shared w Strekleon, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 289
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville), The Upkeep (Blue Ridge)
Seeing the hag, Darag points to it and exclaims to Blackthorn in a harsh, whispered tone: "Skrímsli! Skrímsli! Drepa það!" She grips her spear nervously and looks to see if her new companions share her sentiment. Beega and Kolo ready weapons and join the defensive line pushing uneasily forward. At Darag's comment and Nurzual's gesture, Arvis tucks Moarbanez' belongings and the flask into his chest and tries to get a look at the creature.

The kith are clearly agitated, but don't break formation until the hag is in range. Arvis tries to stay in a protective posture of the human (Duke) who gifted him the spear.

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta15(+1) Per12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP4 flint knife+2(1d4+2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will0
chest w/ shortsword, small hammer, flask, thick leather & ink (Att/dmg flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Whelp (l) kith stonecutter
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP3 stone axe-2(1d6-2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will-1
stone tools, large sack Planetary Common
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
club, flint spear, skin cloak, empty flask
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
mushroom bits(x4), hand-sized mirror, flint knife
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
Cold-Hearted Immortal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3128
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Okay, I somehow missed that we were now following the Kith. I think in my last statement, I thought some of the Kith were moving, but that we were still trying to make friends in the room... Also, the map in my head was wrong, so I wasn't connecting actions and directions up rightly.

Anyway, just put me at the back, guarding things from that direction for the moment. I'll try to keep the names straight from now on, so I know who's doing what and where! :wink:

Also, our internet has been really dodgy lately, so there have been days where it wasn't possible to get on when I had time for it... sorry about that.

_________________
Gnome Boy (aka "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

PbP Purple Planeteers!

Kelven • Smuggler • L • S14 A8 S11 P12 I7 L10
AC9+, HP4, Mv 30, In -1, R-1 F0 W0
Sword +1 _
Staff +1 or Sling -1 1d4+1
Scale, Flask, waterproof sack, 50’ rope, torch, 21 cp

Toby • Squire • C • S13 A10 S14 P15 I16 L9
AC10+, HP3, Mv 30, In 0, R0 F1 W1
Longsword +1 1d8+1
Scale, Lg sack, steel helmet, 50’ rope, torch • Common, Chaos, Hobgoblin

Havarth • Animal trainer • L • S11 A11 S9 P15 I9 L7
AC10, HP1 (of 4), Mv 30, In 0, R0 F0 W1
Glaive +0 1d10
Club +0 1d4
Chain 10', pony, lg sack, 18 cp

Lucius • Slave • N • S13 A11 S8 P15 I11 L11
AC10+, HP1, Mv 30, In 0, R0 F-1 W1
Sword +1 _
Flint Dagger +1 [thrown]
Club +1 1d4+1
Hide, Flint/steel, strange rock, oil (1)
Crit table +1

RIP
Stinky Pete, Ostler — Spine snapped by a tackling Kith


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm
Posts: 289
Location: the Redlands (GA)
FLGS: Gibson's Gaming and Trade Post (Blairsville), The Upkeep (Blue Ridge)
GnomeBoy wrote:
Okay, I somehow missed that we were now following the Kith. I think in my last statement, I thought some of the Kith were moving, but that we were still trying to make friends in the room... [/i]


Arvis remained behind to offer Nurzual a gift and accept Kelven's, then will try to catch up with Duke. The other kith went on already, so I'm with ya! Also- anything IN that flask? :mrgreen:

_________________
Arvis (l) kith mapper
Str9(0) Agi11(0) Sta15(+1) Per12(0) Int12(0) Luc17(+2) AC10 HP4 flint knife+2(1d4+2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will0
chest w/ shortsword, small hammer, flask, thick leather & ink (Att/dmg flint knife+2) Planetary Common
Beega the Whelp (l) kith stonecutter
Str4(-2) Agi12(0) Sta14(+1) Per7(-1) Int8(-1) Luc11(0) AC10 HP3 stone axe-2(1d6-2) Spd30 Init0 Ref0 Fort1 Will-1
stone tools, large sack Planetary Common
Darag DEAD laid down her life for the honor of her pack...
club, flint spear, skin cloak, empty flask
Kolo DEAD struck down battling that which is an abomination in the eyes of the Masters...
mushroom bits(x4), hand-sized mirror, flint knife
Moarbanez DEAD -died gloriously cleft in twain by a glaive...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
It's hard for me to keep track of the roughly 14 characters left, so if I mis-place someone please bring it up! For that reason, I only placed the party's front line on the map, and not the rear. Any people who you kept behind in the room are still there, or are in the hallway up to that point. I don't want to in any way hinder your roleplay. With large parties, I think it's best to just define the boundaries and let the players fill in where exactly they are. I'll try to only make snap calls on your positioning if there's confusion.

It's the weekend, half the US is under water, and the other half is on fire. I'm be a very mean person if I held delays against anyone at this time :).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group