The Emerald Enchanter

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

The Emerald Enchanter

Post by BaophraT »

Greetings comrades (in case any lonely souls still stray into this neglected forum...) !

If any of you have already played The Emerald Enchanter module, could you tell me whether the stairs in room 1-18 lead up or down ? In fact, I can't work out whether level 3 of the dungeon is lower or higher than level 1 of the blueprints.

I've only got the French version of the module, so perhaps some of the informations and explanations differ from one translation to another.

Thanks in advance !
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Re: The Emerald Enchanter

Post by Bobjester »

Judging by standard dungeon symbology regarding stairs, it appears that the stairs in 1-18 area lead UP.
The drains in other parts of level 1 (one in 1-18 too but I don't see it, nor a description in the key) go down 40 feet to level 2, and 2-3 Tunnel Up goes UP 60 feet to level 3.
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Post by BaophraT »

Thanks to you Bobjester ! In the end, that was what I had deduced by cross-referencing several pieces of information. That said, I find it curious to have level 3 above level 1, and level 2 below level 1. That's what misled me.
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Post by Bobjester »

BaophraT wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am Thanks to you Bobjester ! In the end, that was what I had deduced by cross-referencing several pieces of information. That said, I find it curious to have level 3 above level 1, and level 2 below level 1. That's what misled me.
Glad to help!
Yes, that is a weird way to configure a dungeon, but DCC often steers away from traditional architecture & dungeon design in favor of streamlining adventures that makes sense for tracking the action from point A through point B and end at point C.
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”