Into the Borderlands

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

kobey_333
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Karl Wobbe

Into the Borderlands

Post by kobey_333 »

Just got my copy of Into the Borderlands and am really pleased.
As a collectors piece it totally fits the bill.

*however*

What are the odds of you guys bringing out a 5e only B1 & B2 style book much akin to Phandelver?

I mean really with your 3rd printing of the collectors edition I'm thinking you've tapped us old(er) guys out.

But a reworked version of the same content you already have...as a soft or even hard cover "starter" module like Phandelver, now that I'd buy again.

Anyway just wanted to throw that out there.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Into the Borderlands

Post by finarvyn »

I have to say that you have hit upon one of the "improvements" that I wish Goodman Games would pursue a little more. I get the super-deluxe collector's editions, but would like to see similar material in a cheaper, easier-to-use-at-the-table format. For example, the Judges Guild Journals recreated from the original newsprint format is awesome, but the book isn't convenient to carry around to someone's house to use as a resource and isn't convenient to use at the game table.

Like kobey, I don't even mind re-buying material if it's in a more useful format. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
kobey_333
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Karl Wobbe

Re: Into the Borderlands

Post by kobey_333 »

I posted a little blurb over on RPGgeek and again I think there is a lot more of 'us' out there then people realize based on the email feedback I got and previous discussions about "Into the Borderlands".

As much as I like the book...a 50+ page book with only the 5e content in a 'for new DM's' friendly style beginners format would sell loads.

https://rpggeek.com/thread/1924841/b1-b2-borderlands-5e

https://rpggeek.com/thread/2025988/bord ... iew-photos

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”