Journey to the Center of Aereth. Love it.

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Woodland Mutant
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Mayhem Games, Des Moines, IA

Journey to the Center of Aereth. Love it.

Post by Woodland Mutant »

Just got the PDF of "Journey to the Center of Aereth" and "The Lost City of Barako." So far the adventures and story material are awesome. The potential open-ended stuff going on in depths of the earth touched on by this stuff is great. I'm going to somehow fit this in with the Shudder Mountains campaign I'll be DM'ing this Summer. Great job and superb writing!

I highly recommend it!

--Woodland Mutant
Troy812
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Journey to the Center of Aereth. Love it.

Post by Troy812 »

I picked it up at GenCon. I really love both of these as well.

I reallylike how it leaves so many things open for Judges to interpret/add to. There is so much adventure here... :)

I do have a question.. this does seem like it might be the start of a boxed set or campaign setting.
Was that the initial intention?

T
beardo1976
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: High Tide Games

Post by beardo1976 »

I just finished reading all three books and I love it. Is there any intention of producing more adventures modules for this setting?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I really, really hope so.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

I love Aereth. I was telling Harley at GaryCon that I think this is the modern equivalent of the "Drow" series in terms of scope and ambition. I haven't run it yet, but I'm really enjoying reading it.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Can anyone give more info on this? (besides the regular adventure blurb on back cover) Is it Underdark themed or Jules Verne Center of Earth theme?
Id love to see an Underdark, Drow, Kuo-toan, type adventure.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I know it's in-part inspired by Pellucidar, but I can't say how much, since I don't own it (yet).
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

It'll be showing up very soon in the DCC Trove of Treasures....I just completed the stuff starting with "I"! Only Jewels of the Carnifex is before it!

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Blood Axe wrote:Can anyone give more info on this? (besides the regular adventure blurb on back cover) Is it Underdark themed or Jules Verne Center of Earth theme?
Both.
Spoilers:

Getting there is half the fun (or at least that's what the brochure promised me):
Access to the passages that lead to Agharta is an adventure in and of itself. Once you have access the Underdark portion of the module kicks in. How you choose to travel (tunnels or river) will impact the time it takes to get to the destination. If you're group enjoys resource management then this portion of the module is for you (food, water, light, and even air become important - thinking of dragging out my AD&D Dungeoneer's Survival Guide for some guidelines). If you'd prefer to make the travel quick and easy I suggest a series of gates that have to be unlocked (place enough "keys" so that they don't end up trapped) that work sometimes (set your Stargate to random and go...). Several small detailed encounters along the way but you will have PLENTY of room to introduce anything you want (who doesn't love Deep Ones (cough*kuo-toa*cough) or another race that may have been pushed to the edge of extinction by the Aghartans (cough*Illithids*cough).

Destination:
Very Jules Verne feeling from what I've skimmed so far of the environment but Harley has given it a few twists that are very evocative. No Drow here, the Aghartans are a truly twisted bunch and they make the Drow look like kids playing at being debased slavers.

The scope of the "setting" allows for some real world spanning implications and can provide what a lot of people have been asking for (campaign material that you can run at higher levels since this is recommended for at least 4th level to start).
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Id like to see something along the lines of Underdark, drow, Kuo-toans.
Descent into the depths, Shrine of the Kuo-toans, Vault of the Drow.
Looks like nothing like that for DCC RPG. (some for classic crawls tho)
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Blood Axe wrote:Can anyone give more info on this? (besides the regular adventure blurb on back cover) Is it Underdark themed or Jules Verne Center of Earth theme?
Up now.

http://dcctreasures.blogspot.ca/2017/05 ... ereth.html
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”