Questions about the 2016 Holiday Module (small spoilers)

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Edgewise
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Brothers Grim Games and Collectables

Questions about the 2016 Holiday Module (small spoilers)

Post by Edgewise »

Hey, I just got my PDF of Twilight of the Solstice (i.e. the 2016 Holiday Module), and it's looking great! But this isn't about that. Instead, I have a question about how to fit the content into a larger campaign. Minor spoilers to follow, for this adventure as well as Beyond the Black Gate, so consider yourself warned.

I'm wondering if anyone at GG has any tips as to how one might blend together the giants in this adventure with the ones in Beyond the Black Gate. Both adventures have frosty giants doing nefarious things. The giants don't seem overly dissimilar. So it should be possible to put them both in a campaign world together. In fact, I was thinking that running the Solstice as a one-off would be a great way to foreshadow the presence of the giants in the campaign.

I'm asking about both game mechanics and backstory. The stats for the giants are pretty different, with the ones in the Solstice being a bit more formidable - which is a bit strange, since it's a level four adventure while Black Gate is for level five characters. Anyway, I'm wondering how to unify these stats, if I even should. As for the backstory, it's probably easy enough for the GM to handle that, but I'd still be interested in any suggestions from the home office.

My players were coincidentally on their way to the Forlorn North for Frozen In Time, and I was thinking of throwing Twilight of the Solstice in as the players acting out a story they hear at a tavern on the way. Come to think of it, there are a number of northern-themed adventures in the DCC line.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”