Suggestions for a specific campaign I want to run

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

VKH
Gongfarmer

Suggestions for a specific campaign I want to run

Post by VKH »

Hey Everybody,

I want to run a campaign that basically goes like this;

" Ø You all have traveled to see the coronation of the new queen. The night before the coronation, you are all sleeping in the inn, when you awake choking on smoke. The entire city is in flames! You each have three rounds to make your way out of the inn before you are engulfed in flames.
Ø As you exit, you see a hoard of _____ charging through the city. They are tearing the villagers apart in front of your eyes.
Ø As you make you're way out of the city, you see the rubble of the blacksmith's shop. Some pieces of equipment are still intact.
○ As the party picks up the equipment, a _____ appears around the corner of the shop. They attack the party.
○ If the party ignore the equipment move on
Ø You know of a city not too far away that may still be intact.
Ø As you approach the city you see many groups of survivors have fled here as well.
Ø The party determines where the creatures that destroyed the city came from
Ø There is a bounty of _____ gold to whoever kills the beasts.
Ø Start a module.

Ø The King of the city gives the party _____ gold to split among themselves. In addition, for their bravery, he would like to give the party an offer. He will make the party an elite team on his guard and they will be paid handsomely to search out and eliminate threats to his empire."

I'll probably keep tweaking exactly how I want to do it, but this is my starting point. My question for you all is, what 0-level module would you suggest to start with here? I'll probably tweak the module's story a little to fit with my story, but other than that, I just want a basic dungeon with basic monsters for the funnel.

I appreciate the help and thank you in advance for any answers.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Suggestions for a specific campaign I want to run

Post by GnomeBoy »

People of the Pit?
VKH wrote:... just want a basic dungeon with basic monsters for the funnel....
In seriousness, why?

Why not aim for extraordinary?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”