Campaign style play

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

heathd666
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Game Paradise

Campaign style play

Post by heathd666 »

im new to DCC having just joined with the latest kickstarter. i browsed through the forum but did not find an answer to a question i had. are there any modules, by goodman games or thirdparty production, that follow a campaign style of play. meaning that you start with module 1 and play characters from 0 level to 20 th level ending with module 10, or something like that. i have browsed through the pdf but find reading an actual book in my hands to be best so have not browsed through all the modules pdfs i got with the kickstarter. thanks in advance for any help or pointers. if this is a double post i apologize. i posted one similiar to this but cant find it so posted a second time.
TheDiceMustRoll
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Quantum Games

Re: Campaign style play

Post by TheDiceMustRoll »

[deleted]
Last edited by TheDiceMustRoll on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Campaign style play

Post by Raven_Crowking »

heathd666 wrote:im new to DCC having just joined with the latest kickstarter. i browsed through the forum but did not find an answer to a question i had. are there any modules, by goodman games or thirdparty production, that follow a campaign style of play. meaning that you start with module 1 and play characters from 0 level to 20 th level ending with module 10, or something like that. i have browsed through the pdf but find reading an actual book in my hands to be best so have not browsed through all the modules pdfs i got with the kickstarter. thanks in advance for any help or pointers. if this is a double post i apologize. i posted one similiar to this but cant find it so posted a second time.
Purple Duck Games FT 0, FT 1, FT 2, and FT 2.5 are a linked series of adventures. FT 3-6 will be coming, although I am horribly overdue on FT 3.

Likewise, AL 1-5 The Stars Are Falling contains links between five adventures to make them work as a series.

The nature of DCC requires that, by level 3 at least, there will be some additional adventures required to "fill out" a series designed for a particular sequence.

In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer, by Mystic Bull, contains two adventures (Mermaids From Yuggoth and Icon of the Blood Goddess) that are intended to play out over time, with scenes interspersed between other adventures.

Goodman Games' Purple Planet boxed set and additional adventures are the most developed DCC setting to date, and you could easily set a campaign there....but not without doing some work to devise additional adventures. Likewise the Shudder Mountains setting from The Chained Coffin. The expanded Frozen in Time also features a mini-gazetteer.

Overall, you will have to do some work to make the game your own. If you are coming to DCC from Pathfinder or something similar, though, rejoice! After getting your feet wet, you'll discover that making material for DCC is significantly easier than with those systems.

Here is a complete, and regularly updated, product list: http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2015/0 ... -list.html
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”