Peril On The Purple Planet - Campaign?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Jeff White
Ill-Fated Peasant

Peril On The Purple Planet - Campaign?

Post by Jeff White »

So...is this one big level 4 adventure only or a lengthy campaign that we could play, say 1-5th levels with?
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Peril On The Purple Planet - Campaign?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

At this point, I would say that it is both a campaign setting and a kick-ass level 4 adventure.

It is not an adventure path, however!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

The adventure itself has some sandbox elements that make it more than simply a dungeon crawl... but it's the stuff in the box set that really makes it a campaign setting: A 64 page companion with all sorts of details, a 12-page funnel adventure, a player's guide, and a tomb book with 5 mini adventures of various levels from writers in the community... including 2 from the always modest Raven_Crowking (Daniel Bishop). :)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Johnny_F_Normal
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Johnny_F_Normal »

Just got mine today, it just explodes with goodness.

The only thing(s) I would like to get my hands on would be a couple of related PDFs.
a) world map
b) players book
I really don't want the players materials to be for one-shot usage and a map to draw on would awesome.
Max_The_Judge
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Game Kastle

Post by Max_The_Judge »

Once you figure out a way to get your players there and back reliably it can be great for all levels of adventurers. Unless of course you just want to run the entire campaign on the Purple Planet in which case you just need to get them there once. There's more than enough info in the boxed set to run an entire campaign. You should really read up on some classic pulp era sword & sandal books for inspiration.
catseye yellow
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by catseye yellow »

i think that this is quite a nice fit for this topic

http://designersanddiscourses.com/2015/ ... le-planet/

mighty stroh on his inspiration and sources for the purple planet.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”