Chained Coffin Confusion

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

spaceparakeet
Ill-Fated Peasant

Chained Coffin Confusion

Post by spaceparakeet »

I asked my FLGS to get me a copy of the Silver Foil edition of Chained Coffin. I don't care too much about shiny book, but I wanted a version that included the spinner puzzle.

They replied that they thought they had ordered one but they couldn't tell which was which. This sounded weird to me, as usually the staff there is competent.

I got the call that the box was in, so I headed down to pick it up. The back of the box says that it contains "a limited foil cover edition of the level 5 adventure DCC #83" and "the spinning wheel puzzle used in the adventure"...but at the bottom there was a small label marked "Color Cover Boxed Set $39.99". No wonder the guys at the game store couldn't figure it out!

They only had the one copy, so I figured I would take my chances and hope that the puzzle was included in whatever version this would turn out to be. Alas, there was no puzzle wheel and I will be mucking about with cardstock at the print shop. I'm a little disappointed, but everything else in the box is so cool that I might be able to get over it. ;-)

Was my package a fluke that got put in the wrong box? Or do all the boxes say that and perhaps there should be a 2nd sticker covering the incorrect info on the non-foil versions?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Chained Coffin Confusion

Post by GnomeBoy »

I thought the whole point of the KS was that all copies would have the spinner wheel...

I'd contact GG through the main site if I were you, and see what they say.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Did the adventure within the box come shrinkwrapped? My spinner wheel was shrinkwrapped together w/ the adventure itself.
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

As far as I know, there are three versions of the box...

the Silver Foil (with spinning disc)
the Gold Foil (with spinning disc)
the Colour Cover version (without the spinning disc)

I went with the Colour Cover version because I like that art better than the foil art. I asked GG if they woukd suply me a spinning disc but they said not on it's own. Fair enough, I will just make my own wheel puzzle...I can see how only having a small label to differentiate might lead to mistakes though.

:)
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys,

Great catch on a silly typographical error! What can I say but "d'oh."

The simple version is, the $39.99 version of the boxed set does indeed have the "color cover version" (as noted on the white box label) and not the foil version (despite the printed text on the box).

Every other version of the boxed set has a foil edition (silver or gold).

Hope that helps clarify some.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”