Now Available: Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman PDF/PRINT

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Now Available: Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman PDF/PRINT

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

These are not your father’s giants…

Wood giants—animalistic evolutionary ancestors of hill giants—have emerged from the forests of the Fulthon Mountains to harry and pillage human villages with impunity. Ferocious and feral, they kidnap the weak to sacrifice in their barbaric rituals. Decades ago, your ancestors—stout and brave adventurers of renown—eliminated a previous giant threat, and thus people expect such heroism from you.

But not is all at it seems, as a chaotic force lurks behind the scenes. And if survival against a stronghold of ferocious giants wasn’t challenging enough, the machinations of facing an insane, immortal demon certainly will be…

Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman is a DCC RPG adventure designed for 4 to 6 5th-level characters. It was lovingly written as homage to a beloved classic RPG adventure module; crafted in a similar tone to some older adventures of yore, but spiced up with a distinct DCC RPG flavor.

Judges will find a trove of goodies inside the adventure including:
  • A pile of new monsters including a full write-up of wood giants (complete with custom Crit Table), the squatch, and the dreaded freshwater catfish troll.
  • An adventure that takes the PCs not only through the wood giant’s lair, but into the weird and mysterious Shadow Plane where they will face creatures most unpleasant.
  • Evocative artwork to frighten your players back to their humble zero-level roots come game day.
  • An epic finale so terrifying that bards will sing of it for ages.
You can pick up pdf at rpgnow.com

You can order print copy at FRPGames.com
  • Written By: Stephen Newton
  • Front Cover Artwork: Antoni Layos Tira
  • Graphic Design: Catherine Harkins DiNardo
  • Illustrations: Catherine MacDougall, Susanne MacDougall, William MacDougall, Reba Pyron
  • Cartography: Jeffrey Tadlock
  • Pages: 30
Attachments
Shaman Cover 200.jpg
Shaman Cover 200.jpg (41.75 KiB) Viewed 42343 times
Last edited by ThickSkullAdv on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: Now Available: Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman

Post by MrHemlocks »

Will you offer a pdf/print combo? I really like print versions way more than a digital pdf so... :wink:
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

MrHemlocks wrote:Will you offer a pdf/print combo? I really like print versions way more than a digital pdf so... :wink:
Sure, we can figure something out. :) let me figure out the easiest logistical way to make that happen.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Great great adventure, Steven!
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
GlassEye
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by GlassEye »

This sounds like an awesome adventure! I was a bit skeptical when I first read 'a chaotic force lurks behind the scones' but then I realized I just need glasses. :oops: It all sounds cool but the catfish troll sounds particularly inspired. This is definitely going on my list of things to buy asap.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

GlassEye wrote:This sounds like an awesome adventure! I was a bit skeptical when I first read 'a chaotic force lurks behind the scones' but then I realized I just need glasses. :oops: It all sounds cool but the catfish troll sounds particularly inspired. This is definitely going on my list of things to buy asap.
I think the Chaotic Force lurking behind the scones is part of my next Haunted Bakery adventure (and actually probably the evil entity that discontinued the pumpkin scones that Starbucks discontinued! Damn, those things were delicious....)

Looking forward to your review and game reports :)
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

I just added a tablet-friendly, digest-sized version available for folks who prefer such things. This is my first time making one, so let me know if you guys have any problems with the format.

Thanks!
Stephen
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

There are many of us that do not live in the matrix and would like a print version of the adventure :wink:
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

MrHemlocks wrote:There are many of us that do not live in the matrix and would like a print version of the adventure :wink:

+1 :D
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

ragboy wrote:Great great adventure, Steven!
Thank you, sir!
MrHemlocks wrote:There are many of us that do not live in the matrix and would like a print version of the adventure :wink:
and
Blood Axe wrote: +1 :D
... I've got quotes out to printers as we speak. I'm trying to get them printed in saddle stitch this time vs. perfect bound (like Larvik was) but if I don't get the quotes back soon I'll just go with the perfect bound option again.

Thanks for your support!
Stephen
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Cool. I love me some print. :D
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Awesome! Keep us posted. Thanks! :D
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

I was amazed by this picture, as a teenager, and it fueled my imagination to the max! I am sure both the old giant series, and IMHO the best, and yours, newer adventure, are great fun! I plan on getting the print when released :wink:

Jobe Bittman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Jobe Bittman »

We reviewed this adventure on Spellburn: Epsiode 31. Spoiler alert. It rocks!

http://spellburn.com/2014/10/08/episode ... 3rd-party/
oncelor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by oncelor »

Looks great!
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Any word on print....
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

MrHemlocks wrote:Any word on print....
Hey guys, I got the printer proof back (you can see a picture of it here), but I was not happy with the margins which I'm fixing this week (you can see in the photo how deep the inner text goes in which make the reader need to really bend the book open to see the text on the inner margins. It also gave me a chance to catch a handful more typos... damn... I should be done with this activity by tomorrow.

Anyway, I expect to have that new version uploaded by Friday, which means hopefully I'll get it within 8 days after that which probably means it will be available in late Oct/early Nov.

I can see that FRPGames.com, a Friendly Online Game Stores (FOGS?) that has consistently carried my products, has announced it for pre-order.

Thanks so much for the continued interest.

PS:
Jobe Bittman wrote:We reviewed this adventure on Spellburn: Epsiode 31. Spoiler alert. It rocks!

http://spellburn.com/2014/10/08/episode ... 3rd-party/
Thanks Jobe!
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Just got word back from the printer that print versions of Shaman will be available on Nov 3, so after I drop them off at distributor that week, I'd assume the online retailers will have them for shipment around Nov 10.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I'll send another update after I see them for sale at frpgames.com

-S-
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Woot!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Now Available: Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman PDF/P

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

Print copy now available people. My old friends at FRPGames.comhave copies and hopefully you'll start seeing it show up in your local game stores.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Now Available: Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman PDF/P

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Ordered.
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”