Doom of the Savage Kings - I missed the boat?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

WarLokk
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Doom of the Savage Kings - I missed the boat?

Post by WarLokk »

Greetings,

I am FINALLY getting ready to run a DCC campaign. I got into the game a little late and didn't get a copy of Doom of the Savage Kings with my copy. Has this been or will it ever be released to the late-comers? I couldn't even find one on ebay. I'm eager to get my hands on as much DCC as possible. :D
Bored & Sorcery - My Blog about RPGs, Tabletop Wargames and Other Nerdery
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Doom of the Savage Kings - I missed the boat?

Post by ragboy »

WarLokk wrote:Greetings,

I am FINALLY getting ready to run a DCC campaign. I got into the game a little late and didn't get a copy of Doom of the Savage Kings with my copy. Has this been or will it ever be released to the late-comers? I couldn't even find one on ebay. I'm eager to get my hands on as much DCC as possible. :D
I think I have an extra copy -- if you PM me with your address, I'll only make you pay $1000 + shipping and handling (which is another $1000).

Just joking. If you PM me your address, I'll send it to you gratis. Provided I'm not crazy and actually don't have an extra copy.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
WarLokk
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by WarLokk »

That would be amazing! PM incoming.
Bored & Sorcery - My Blog about RPGs, Tabletop Wargames and Other Nerdery
Sir Robilar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Robilar »

Wow, that's generous!

Always great to see a gamer help a fellow gamer in need.

Great module btw, one of my favourites.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Can't help it -- it's one of my favorite modules of all time.

WarLokk -- We're good. I do have an extra. And I got your PM. On its way.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
RobRoy86
Gongfarmer

Post by RobRoy86 »

Like WarLoKK, I'm relatively new to DCC RPG. I've been reading the core rule book as I await my order of Zocchi dice and Sailors on the Starless Sea to arrive. What drew me first to DCC RPG was the artwork, as I find it simply amazing. With that said, as soon as I'm able to, I will try and get the recent modules that have been released. Does anyone know if Doom of the Savage Kings will be re-released, either in printed of pdf format?
ctaylor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ctaylor »

Just an FYI, if you didn't get the email from Goodman Games:
Free PDF Adventure for 1,500 Likes on Facebook!
...but only if you act fast!

Since DCC RPG first launched, the most sought-after module of all has been DCC #66.5: Doom of the Savage Kings. This rare adventure was available only to those who pre-ordered the sold-out first printing of DCC RPG. Since then, the adventure has been unavailable except for rare, expensive appearances on eBay. Now you can read this adventure for free -- if you help us achieve our goal of 1,500 "likes" on our Facebook page by March 31!

Less than a week remains to close the 300 likes still needed! Visit our Facebook page now and share the love. If we hit 1,500 by March 31 then everyone gets a free module!
http://www.facebook.com/dccrpg
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

Hit 1500 this morning.
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

I some what enjoyed the rarity of this module.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Rostranor wrote:I some what enjoyed the rarity of this module.
It's still going to be rare in print. Which is clearly a superior version compared to pdf.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Thorynn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Thorynn »

Goodman Games knows what they're doing. The first taste is free....
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

The more people who get a taste of DCC the better. This free pdf is a great idea.
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rostranor »

There has been a free RPG taste on free RPG day. Unjust would have rather have seen a new short PDF adventure and kept Doom Of the Savage Kings as the rare paper only artifact.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I personally don't see it as a problem. The more exposure DCC gets through these type of Facebook promos, the more peope will buy/play the game. This will allow the game to thrive & we'll get more adventures for many years to come.

I'm a roleplayer and not a collector. Is the annoyance with people getting a free pdf a collector's thing? I don't see how someone else having a pdf devalues my print copy.
themightyeroc
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by themightyeroc »

Still confused by this. Where can we get the downloadable PDF? Facebook only? Or is here on the Goodman site somewhere. I don't Facebook but had my wife like it from her Facebook.
Ah well, who wants to live forever? DIE!
worldoferoc.blogspot.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

themightyeroc wrote:Still confused by this. Where can we get the downloadable PDF? Facebook only? Or is here on the Goodman site somewhere. I don't Facebook but had my wife like it from her Facebook.
I don't think there has been an announcement as to how it will be distributed -- the last post about it was that it is being worked out and is coming soon, or words to that effect. Just make sure your wife keeps an eye out for it, since I think that's where the info will come from, since it was a Facebook-oriented thing...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

GnomeBoy wrote:I don't think there has been an announcement as to how it will be distributed -- the last post about it was that it is being worked out and is coming soon, or words to that effect. Just make sure your wife keeps an eye out for it, since I think that's where the info will come from, since it was a Facebook-oriented thing...
I'm pretty sure it's going to be announced on the official page and the Google+ page too.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ravenheart87 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's going to be announced on the official page and the Google+ page too.
Could well be, but the last announcement about it on the front page of the site was March 25th -- the last announcement about it on Facebook, was April 3rd...
Goodman Games on Facebook wrote:Have patience, minions! Vast knowledge in electronic tomes shall be soon gifted to you! The overlord's master plan cannot be rushed!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Ravenheart87 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's going to be announced on the official page and the Google+ page too.
Could well be, but the last announcement about it on the front page of the site was March 25th -- the last announcement about it on Facebook, was April 3rd...
Goodman Games on Facebook wrote:Have patience, minions! Vast knowledge in electronic tomes shall be soon gifted to you! The overlord's master plan cannot be rushed!
Well, it makes sense they don't announce on the official page that "we have nothing yet to announce". :)
Doug Kovacs
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Doug Kovacs »

DOUG KOVACS
Artist/Illustrator
dk@dougkovacs.com
http://dougkovacs.com
The Drain Chamber (Blog)
http://dougkovacs.com/dkblog/

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”