Anyone running LOTFP modules with DCC??

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

reverenddak

Re: Anyone running LOTFP modules with DCC??

Post by reverenddak »

Skars wrote:Co-signed, the artwork is gorgeous. Well done Geoffrey. I'm starting with sailors on the starless sea and taking them into the Isle of the Unknown from there. I plan on using Carcosa as another dimension or dream world where occasionally the characters will have to adventure.
That's exactly what I did with my group. After Sailors, I shipwrecked them on the Isle!

I just got wind of a "Dungeon of the Unknown"... I'm very anxious to see what that is about...
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

cthulhudarren wrote:Personally I'm hoping for A Shanthopal setting for DCC!
One of my projects for this year. But I won't start fundraising until at least 75% of the primary writing is done.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

reverenddak wrote:
Skars wrote:Co-signed, the artwork is gorgeous. Well done Geoffrey. I'm starting with sailors on the starless sea and taking them into the Isle of the Unknown from there. I plan on using Carcosa as another dimension or dream world where occasionally the characters will have to adventure.
That's exactly what I did with my group. After Sailors, I shipwrecked them on the Isle!

I just got wind of a "Dungeon of the Unknown"... I'm very anxious to see what that is about...
Hah, very cool. I was planning on having them end up near 0712 where I will present the various pembrooktonshire plot hooks. Thanks to DCC, LotFP, and all the great third party support I have not just a ton of great material for my campaign but a bunch to build upon. Some of the latest products have me creating all kinds of new encounters and adventures for the group. Now, if we could just manage to put life on the side to play more games...
Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Geoffrey »

reverenddak wrote:I just got wind of a "Dungeon of the Unknown"... I'm very anxious to see what that is about...
It is a small (less than 10,000 words) module that puts forward what I myself want in a module. Nobody was writing the exact sort of module I wanted, so I was forced to put my hand to the wheel. :mrgreen:

The Dungeon of the Unknown is set on the coast of hex 2214 of the Isle of the Unknown (though of course it can be plunked anywhere in any campaign world). As with the Isle as a whole, all the monsters and magic-users in the dungeon are unique and never-before-seen.

The module is set-up in such a way that it can be used with characters as high as 10th level and as low as 1st level (or indeed even 0-level PCs).

The module was significantly inspired by this blog post:
http://apaladinincitadel.blogspot.com/2 ... -work.html

The Dungeon of the Unknown is like B1: In Search of the Unknown, only more so. It can be used with little or no study beforehand. I think any experienced referee who spends 15 minutes browsing through the module will be able to run it with no problems.
Click here to purchase my five AD&D modules.
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Is the Dungeon of the Unkown a module that is for sale?
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Crimsontree wrote:Is the Dungeon of the Unkown a module that is for sale?
Not yet.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”