What do you think they'll do for issue #100?

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Sir Robilar
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Robilar »

A megadungeon? A complete Adventure Plunge in one book?

I know it's still quite far away but one can fantasize... or at least collect some suggestions.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: What do you think they'll do for issue #100?

Post by goodmangames »

I've had some ideas but haven't settled on anything yet. Definitely not a megadungeon...aside from that, not sure. Open to suggestions if you have a cool one. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Devil Swine
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Devil Swine »

Ideas for #100

1-New DCCRPG Setting: Punjar and Beyond!

2- Return of the Rat King! Level 10 DCCRPG adventure.

3-Ill Meet in Punjar. A level 0 adventure funnel. Who are you to try and save Punjar?

4-The Scarlet Tide. A DCCRPG adventure on the seven seas!

5-The Savage Sword of Kings! Would you be King of Punjar?

Can you tell I like Punjar?
zombiekiller
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by zombiekiller »

I think a "super" DCC adventure with DCC RPG versions of Idylls of the Rat King and Revenge of the Rat King with a new "Return of the Rat King's Bane" adventure for DCC 100 would be awesome. Maybe also add a level 0 intro adventure to lead into Idylls ...
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Re: What do you think they'll do

Post by Rick »

An original (in more than one sense of the word) adventure written* by Mentzer, Kask, or Ward, illustrated by Dee and/or Easley, cover by Otus.

*DCC-ified by Goodman / Stroh, w/ map(s) by Kovacs.
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

I'd love to see something a bit larger with potential of an episodic nature. Perhaps a location with access to numerous planar portals?

Alternately, something with a real sci-fi twist a la Spell Jammer or Barrier Peaks. (Or combine the two together).

Not exactly a megadungeon, but something that could warrant a hardcover and several-many semi-linked traditional DCC adventures in strange new settings. Bonus luck for including new patrons, spells, monsters and magic items in a reference section at back and creatively linking them across the adventures in ways that add flavor but don't require them to be played as a sequence.
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

As the 100th issue would maybe want to celebrate the history of the Dungeon Crawl Classics line, perhaps a selection of the very best of past adventures converted and revamped for the DCC RPG would be good?

Or...

Maybe just Joseph's personal favourite revamped for DCC RPG along with a full colour DM Screen and tables for the new system?
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
fishgeekted
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by fishgeekted »

An anthology of 10+ adventures that can all be connected by a common story thread or played separately. Each one written by a different author or special guest author.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

meinvt wrote:Alternately, something with a real sci-fi twist a la Spell Jammer or Barrier Peaks. (Or combine the two together).
This. I would love to see some sci-fi adventures for DCC RPG! My campaign setting is full of artifacts from forgotten times, even magic is the effect of the radiation of the planet's core.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Devil Swine
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Devil Swine »

Flying ships! Yes! My Gygax's chinbeard, we are on to something here!
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

I would love to see a nice box set with maybe a module, some dice, and a DM screen.

I'd pay like $50 for that.

DO IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

Edit: if you wanted to do this for like say #80 that's cool with me, too! I mean, why wait for #100 right?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Ravenheart87 wrote:
meinvt wrote:Alternately, something with a real sci-fi twist a la Spell Jammer or Barrier Peaks. (Or combine the two together).
This. I would love to see some sci-fi adventures for DCC RPG! My campaign setting is full of artifacts from forgotten times, even magic is the effect of the radiation of the planet's core.
I'd love to see some sort of SciFi-Fantasy crossover, Barrier Peaks style. Maybe if we all start to poke Harley now he'll be motivated before 100 rolls around.... :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

beermotor wrote:I would love to see a nice box set with maybe a module, some dice, and a DM screen.

Edit: if you wanted to do this for like say #80 that's cool with me, too! I mean, why wait for #100 right?
Beermotor, you nailed this one 100%.

My "big three" wish list for DCC is probably (1) a full-sized box with Kovacs art, (2) a set of funky dice in the same color scheme as the main rulebook, and (3) a glossy DM screen. A module on top of that would be awesome.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

A relaunch/reboot of DCCs #35 Gazetteer of the Known Realms as a Complete Campaign Setting for DCCRPG
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

finarvyn wrote:
beermotor wrote:I would love to see a nice box set with maybe a module, some dice, and a DM screen.

Beermotor, you nailed this one 100%.

My "big three" wish list for DCC is probably (1) a full-sized box with Kovacs art, (2) a set of funky dice in the same color scheme as the main rulebook, and (3) a glossy DM screen. A module on top of that would be awesome.
:-)

Yeah those Brave Halfling boxes are the right size, I think. So manufacturing shouldn't be a problem. Printing the art on it might be a whore, I don't know.

Something cool to store my book/some dice/module/DM screen in would be boss, indeed.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

raskal wrote:A relaunch/reboot of DCCs #35 Gazetteer of the Known Realms as a Complete Campaign Setting for DCCRPG
I'll admit that I'm torn on this one. While I like the Known Realms setting, I'd rather see something new rather than a relaunch of something old. For the old stuff, I can just take what I have and convert.

If there is a new DCC RPG setting, I'd like to see something where the new modules (DCC 66 and up) are all placed on a common map and the background settings from those modules blended together into a coherent world. Something like that would be pretty neat, to me.
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I'll just assume whatever it is will blow me away...

...because I'd love to see the Punjar Gaz before that point...

:twisted:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

finarvyn wrote: If there is a new DCC RPG setting, I'd like to see something where the new modules (DCC 66 and up) are all placed on a common map and the background settings from those modules blended together into a coherent world. Something like that would be pretty neat, to me.
I like this too, finarvyn. By #100 there will be plenty of modules to tie together, and it would be cool to link them presenting different "adventure paths" as was done in #35. I'd also really like to see the Deities get as much details as Patrons (backstory, holy rites, sins, special disapprovals, etc.). The original Known Realms had some deity detail, but I'd like to see things DCC-ified.
Terry Olson
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

finarvyn wrote:I'll admit that I'm torn on this one. While I like the Known Realms setting, I'd rather see something new rather than a relaunch of something old. For the old stuff, I can just take what I have and convert.

If there is a new DCC RPG setting, I'd like to see something where the new modules (DCC 66 and up) are all placed on a common map and the background settings from those modules blended together into a coherent world. Something like that would be pretty neat, to me.
Reboot the Known Realms keeps a link with former DCC modules and allows to include new modules written directly for DCCRGP.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

No Known Realms for #100 please. Make it #99 or something else, but not #100. Like many other DCC Judge's, I have my own setting. I wouldn't buy Known Realms, because I wouldn't use it, unlike DCC modules, which I can put right into the world of Xarn.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Booberry
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Booberry »

I think something with a sci fi bent would be awesome and fit perfectly.

I don't want a conversion of Known Realms stuff because it's so easy to convert, and I honestly would love it if GG never put out a campaign setting linking the modules together any more than they already are.

The older I get, the more I like my campaigns to develop entirely on the table top. I actually don't allow myself to make stuff up in advance anymore. After running games since the mid-80's, I feel like the best enjoyment I get from the game is seeing it all go in ways I never could've planned, so at some point I just stopped planning.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”