DCC in Milwaukee Metro Area Sept 9

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

NickxBaran
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Board Game Barrister

DCC in Milwaukee Metro Area Sept 9

Post by NickxBaran »

I will be running a 0-Level funnel at Board Game Barrister's Greenfield location on Sunday September 9th from 2pm-6pm.

Here are the full details from web and Facebook sources:

Web: http://www.boardgamebarrister.com/event ... -0-funnel/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/265973910671568/

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick
NickxBaran
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: DCC in Milwaukee Metro Area Sept 9

Post by NickxBaran »

This is this coming Sunday. If you're in the Milwaukee area, come on out.

I'll try to post an after report in the days that follow as well.
NickxBaran
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by NickxBaran »

This event had a strong turnout with 8 players showing up to throw down some dice. Half of the players had some previous DCC experience and the other half had none. The adventure I was playtesting seemed to deliver some highly entertaining moments, and folks seemed to enjoy themselves. I also gave a character sheet for the herding dog, and that was the role-playing highlight. The player who picked that pre-generated character as one of their 2 0-levels played it up to be the most endearing character in the group, and cries to "Save the Dog!" were frequent.

I need to ramp up the mortality rate for this funnel, as the party only lost 2 characters in 4 hours, though admittedly, they made some smart moves.

The Board Game Barrister was packed with CCG players and other games being played. It was loud but the staff worked hard to make space for what turned out to be an ever expanding DCC group. They originally set up a table for 4 Players + Judge. Then they got a call that more folks were coming but running late, so they expanded the table space to accommodate 6. And then 2 more players showed up, so they expanded the table for 8 + Judge.

Shout out to a great group (in case any of them check this forum) and to Board Game Barrister: Greenfield, WI for being a great venue.

Additionally, they said at the end, "We'd love to have more DCC in the store if you'd like to come back." I think its great that they want to see more fan support for the game so I will try to set something up there again.
Zogstrukka
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Boardgame Barrister

Post by Zogstrukka »

Is the game still running? I'm interested in getting into a DCC game. It's been a while.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”