Anyone playing in Indianapolis?

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

mobro
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Saltire Games

Anyone playing in Indianapolis?

Post by mobro »

Just wondering once more if anyone is playing, or planning to play, DCC RPG in or near Indianapolis, IN...? And if you are if you might be looking for another player.

Sorry Goshen, you're just too far away. :)
Panthros
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Preserve

Re: Anyone playing in Indianapolis?

Post by Panthros »

I too would love to join a DCC RPG group in Indy. I am excited for Lankhmar and would love to learn before I get my kickstart box set.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Post by soulcatcher78 »

2.5 hours away :( but I'm in the same boat.

Trying to figure out my schedule and my local game store schedule to see if I can run a demo there.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

http://goodman-games.com/blog/2017/04/2 ... 17-update/

Apparently there're 2 stores in Indy that need some exposure. Anyone up to trying that? I'll have to check my scheduling and pass it by the spousal unit but I may be interested in doing something like this.
mobro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by mobro »

I saw that - I would play if scheduling works out but am not up to running a game.

I actually went to Family Time Games for the first time today. I didn't see any DCC RPG stuff there at the moment, though it's a nice store otherwise. They did have 4-5 copies of the recent Judge's Guild reprint book, which surprised me. I was both surprised to see so many copies, and by the size of that monster! It's a really good looking book, too.

I've not been to Saltire. I was hoping to find a copy of Dread on Demon Crown Hill today by visiting Family Time Games; maybe I can get up to check Saltire sometime.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

I checked with the spousal unit and a quick glance at the work schedule says I should be available on May 13th. I need to double check with work to make sure nothing will change before contacting a store.

Do you have a preference for either location? A 3 hour drive for either so it doesn't matter much to me which (although Saltire looks to have better table availability).

I'm willing to Judge as long as there isn't to much pointing and laughing (probably rusty and have never run this system) :)

Besides, learning together is fun!
mobro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by mobro »

No strong preference between the stores here; Family Time is closer to where I live than Saltire, but either should be fine. I've never been to Saltire but Family Time (based on my one brief visit) looked like it had a pretty good setup for players.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

I will give them a call Monday to see if they can get us a table on the 13th.

Earlier the better for me since I'll be driving back that night, any preference for you?
mobro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by mobro »

I should be pretty flexible on time that day, thank you for asking.

My wife and I had some errands to run today and I got a visit to the Saltire store on our list. I have to say, it's a really nice store. They have a couple small rooms (probably could seat 8 apiece) set aside for RPGs and then a large room for Magic the Gathering and boardgames, etc. All due respect to both stores, which appear to be working hard to be a useful and welcoming space for gamers, I was more impressed with Saltire as they had an actual DCC RPG display set up. The display included a couple rulebooks (including the Pete Mullen cover of the 4th printing), and lots of modules. They had a Frozen in Time foil cover that sorely tempted me. Also my wife, who is not an RPG player, found lots to enjoy in the Saltire store. Oh and I was happy to see they had Call of Cthulhu 7th edition rulebooks. BUT this is just my reaction, others' mileage my vary, and so on.

I spoke really briefly with a helpful fellow working at Saltire and he said if you wanted to run a demo there, once it was scheduled the store would promote it, too. I imagine the other store would do the same thing as well though.

You are going out of your way to run the game so of course whatever works for you works for me - I don't want to overstep - either store will work I am sure!
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Fantastic, if I had to pick it'd be Saltire since they are already displaying the product so they must have some interest in it. Thanks for doing all the legwork on this. Sometimes pictures on the internet don't tell the whole story :)

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do for us in the way of a table to play on.

I'm guessing a funnel would be easiest to run, especially since we are all getting our legs under us.
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Got in touch with Saltire Games today (since they don't open until later on Monday).

Barring any unforeseen circumstances we will be playing on May 13th at 1PM.

They do seem to have a sweet display (picture on Facebook) and they have dice tubes in stock if people want to continue afterwards.
mobro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by mobro »

Excellent! Thanks again for doing this. Can't wait to play!
Panthros
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Preserve

Post by Panthros »

Awesome. Thanks!
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

In case anyone else is looking...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1793367 ... tory%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22upcoming_events_card%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22dashboard%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22[]%22%7D%2C%7B%22surface%22%3A%22dashboard%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22calendar_tab%22%7D]%7D

That'll be us next Saturday :)
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by soulcatcher78 »

Set up and ready to play.

Return to “DCC RPG Community”