Anyone interested in running a play-by-post 0-level funnel?

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, michaelcurtis, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Fear the Cheesemaker
Ill-Fated Peasant

Anyone interested in running a play-by-post 0-level funnel?

Post by Fear the Cheesemaker »

Hi all,

I'm old to gaming but new to DCC, and was wondering if anyone was interested in running/participating in a 0-level character funnel leading into an ongoing campaign. I'd love to get in on the action, but don't have a regular tabletop group to play with.
“There was no more dangerous kind of madman than one who devoted a good brain and a courageous heart to unhealthy ambitions.” --Michael Moorcock
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Anyone interested in running a play-by-post 0-level funn

Post by maxinstuff »

I am running a funnel at the moment, with one player physically at my table and another remotely via google hangouts. In my opinion play by post is basically redundant now and I don't see many games, though they are around if you look.

Nowadays that most people have broadband connections etc. and if people are shy they can simply have their camera off (big button right in the interface), skype and google hangouts have basically supplanted PbP. With this said, you may have your own reasons for wanting to play by post and some prefer it due to time contraints etc.

The party is about two thirds through the funnel after one session. I'd be happy to take on an extra player or two to finish it off (they were conscripted and sent in, so more might be sent in after the first lot). The second half of the next session will probably be class selection and levelling up, maybe a bit more adventuring after that if there is time.

It IS the adventure from the core rule book though - so if you have read that in detail already it may be spoiled for you. PM me if you want more info :)
Sveden
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Sveden »

Possibly. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Link to Sveden's PCs
PC descriptions/Status
Bypeld: Wizard - Alchemist AL:N AC:10 HP:6 Weapon:Staff or Longsword +1 (1d4+1) 13/6/9/11/15/8(7)
Orastes: Wizard - Grave Digger AL:C AC:10 HP:6 Weapon:Shovel -2 (1d4-2) 4/12/12/10/14/10
Tonunt: Thief - Weaver AL:L AC:11 HP:6 Weapon:Dagger -2 (1d4-2) 5/13/9(11)/5/6/13
Portly Trim: Cleric AC:11
Fritz: Thief AC:10
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Ummm... I am running one right now here...

Return to “DCC RPG Community”