Corruption and lay-on-hands and other healing

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Mithras
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Imp's Shop in Ulm

Corruption and lay-on-hands and other healing

Post by Mithras »

Last saturday the following happened: the Elf player rolled a 1 for her spell check and she got pizza-faced. The whole skin of her character crawls and bubbles like hot cheese in an oven. Neither of us tought on spending Luck because we don´t play often and I forgot the rule. Anyway, the cleric used lay-on-hands to heal organs meaning explicit healing her skin.

My question is: would you allow this? I´m aware that roleplaying wise it ist more interesting to live with the result. I´m also not so mean for not allowing retconning to spend a Luck point to reverse the corruption. But I´m unsure if the healing works like intended from the player of the Cleric.

What do you say?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Corruption and lay-on-hands and other healing

Post by GnomeBoy »

I'd think Corruption is an 'unplanned' interaction with the phlogiston. It's not a disease, but a fundamental change wrought by the immense powers of the phlogiston. Lay on Hands would not affect it, where it would affect a more usual skin disease.

I'd allow a retcon of the Luckburn while still learning how the game works.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Corruption and lay-on-hands and other healing

Post by Ravenheart87 »

I wouldn't allow it, that would be cheap. A quest for its removal is the bare minimum I would expect.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “Judges' Forum”