Funnel Idea...

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

gambler1650
Ill-Fated Peasant

Funnel Idea...

Post by gambler1650 »

Your village has been the subject of numerous raids by goblins where they capture individuals for an unknown purpose. You are to go and rescue those taken, or discover what's become of them...

No, just kidding. You're the captives. Laboring in the hills for the cruel goblin fiends, digging tunnels beneath the earth to give them room to expand into with their ever growing population.

And then, one day (or night), it's hard to tell... the earth shakes and you incredibly see that the door to your prison has been jarred loose. And then you hear the screams... from the goblins and slaves who are out working.

Judge's Info: The goblins have dug too deep (well, they forced their slaves to dig too deep), crossing a magical tripwire that helped ward against something buried deeply below the surface. The original tripwire was designed to bring down the hill completely, crushing any beneath it. Instead, whoever created it did a half assed job, and instead it just shook the hill a bit, collapsing some tunnels, including the obvious exit to the surface. And now captured villagers have to find their way out through their former captors and who knows what else in the other tunnels that are now connected to the former goblin village...

The theme would be more of horror and attempting to avoid encounters, especially since the characters have no idea how long they'll be underground before they can escape...
soulcatcher78
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Game Knight

Re: Funnel Idea...

Post by soulcatcher78 »

How about collapsing the original way out and it forces the prisoners to work their way through the area that was broken into (tomb, etc.). Not only do they have to deal with the roaming guardian beasties but all the traps meant to stop tomb robbers.

If things go well for the PCs an ancient evil is set loose upon the land.

If things don't go well for the PCs an ancient evil is set loose upone the land.

Either way, instant campaign :)
gambler1650
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by gambler1650 »

Oh, that was part of my original description although I called it the 'obvious exit' instead. :)
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Reminds me a bit of the old adventure Dungeon of the Slave Lords. Or one of those, I forget the name. The players are prisoners left with no equipment. Quite a shock for players used to all those nifty magic items.
Cool stuff.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.

Return to “Judges' Forum”